Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor Who: Legacy

Options
  • 25-11-2013 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,446 ✭✭✭

Doctor Who: Legacy

A new free game for android and iOS coming this Wednesday.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I wouldn't get too excited, it's a colour-matching puzzle game ala Candy Crush n' the like... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,446 ✭✭✭corkie

pixelburp wrote: »
    I wouldn't get too excited, it's a colour-matching puzzle game ala Candy Crush n' the like... :)

Going by the description in the link, it sounds allot different to a puzzle game.

The 11th (or is it 12th?) Doctor’s regeneration is approaching fast. With decades of epic adventures to draw from, Doctor Who: Legacy is a loving homage created by loyal Whovians, and is rich in the show’s creative legacy and fun. Combining easy to learn, hard to master mechanics with beloved characters and cunning villains, Doctor Who: Legacy will be a treat for fans, casual players and even the most hard-core gamers alike” says Lee Cummings, Creative Director and Co-Founder of Tiny Rebel Games.

The game will feature favorite companions and allies taken from the show and offer players the opportunity to face the Doctor’s most notorious enemies; and relive the Doctor’s greatest triumphs. Doctor Who: Legacy will launch with episodes and characters from the most recent two seasons of the show.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well I'm going by their facebook page, which has a screenshot of what looks to me like a colour/pattern matching interface - so unless I'm looking at the wrong game or something. Seems like a waste of a good IP, but hey if it sells it sells

If so it's a shame because Doctor Who has the makings of a really good game if the right people got their hands on it; a RPG in the style of something like the Mass Effect or Fallout / Elder Scrolls series would be pretty awesome and fit the tone & direction of the franchise perfectly.

I hope your wrong about it been a simple puzzle game.

Here is the link to the facebook page for the game.

On that page it's described as : -
    Doctor Who: Legacy is a new free to play mobile action-RPG to be released this Fall for major mobile devices.

Tomorrow is the release date for both android and iOS

This is an image from the facebook page : -

1474593_222394071218164_472402123_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

It looks like a Puzzle Quest clone, or something like Order and Chaos which are good games and very addictive but can be applied to any licence without too much effort. It's a bit of a waste of a Who licence but if done properly, it could be an enjoyable game.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »

Seems you where right! Sliding color balls puzzle with dialogue. Not much of an RPG. Early days yet, I haven't done much with it yet. Just played the opening tutorial. The game has in app purchases, but I don't see myself spending money on it.

Easy enough game-play with a lot of luck as well.

I now have 5 companions and two doctors (Smith and Tennant) to play with.

Anyone else playing it?

Screenshot_2013-11-28-21-10-17.png

TheAdiposeTV youtube stream of the game

He talks through the tutorial and plays some rounds. I learned a few things from it so others might like.

Regards
    John

Affirmative! The festive season has begun! And to celebrate, #DoctorWho fans can unlock K-9 on the new Doctor Who: Legacy app (available for free on iOS and Android) to help you battle enemies.

To unlock the Doctor’s best canine friend, download the app and enter the following code into the into the options menu: 7339-AS8B-57KH-4U5C

There’s a new treat to unlock everyday in the run up to Christmas
    Please use this promo code: U97L-Y779-F4GP-4NJ5 to unlock Advent Calendar Gift #1: Vastra's amazing outfit from A Good Man Goes to War!

The promo codes can be found on Doctor Who: Legacy facebook page.

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays from DWLegacy. Time for Promo Code #3. Jenny Flint's costume from The Snowmen! Promo code is: WP24-936Q-JXZE-94J9

Please note, the Promo code issue that some android users are having with entering codes is still being worked on with Unity. Meanwhile, most have managed to resolve by either minimizing the game and then going back in OR swapping keyboard apps (since that seems to be where the conflict is). Also, very infrequently, internet blips are causing the server to think you have the promo code when you do not. This is easily fixed if you email support@tinyrebelgames.com.

From the facebook page.

Two more videos from TheAdiposeTV: -

• Advertisement

Promo code fun continues with the 4th day of the advent calendar. 2 pink heart time fragments! Cheers! 5TY9-2U24-87JN-99LF

Note: If you are having issues with the game not recognizing you typing, quickly minimize than go back in and you should be able to type.

Just wondering if anyone else reading this thread and If they do so are my posting of the codes/videos useful to anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've been playing it the last few days. It's a fun little game with a nice twist on the standard 3 in a row. I like being able to move it around the whole playing area, rather than relying on them ending up beside each other. There's some strategy involved too. My current set up makes blue diamonds useless to me, but I have a power that turns blue to red and if I play right, I can get really high combos that decimate the opposition as I have 3 characters that use red.

please head over to our friends at the official Doctor Who fan page to see the announcement on today's advent gift to you - a new level that the fans chose to come next! Please note that this level is tuned roughly for a player who is at the end of season 7. Fear not though, if you aren't that far yet -- the episode isn't going away! To access, please go to the episode select and find the new 'special' tab! Enjoy!!! Note: this is only the first day of Ood excitement :)
    “We are the legion of the beast… The legion shall be many, and the legion shall be few.” The Impossible Planet has now unlocked on the #DoctorWho: Legacy puzzle app.

Find out more about the free Doctor Who: Legacy app on doctorwho.tv: http://bbc.in/DWLegacy

1454557_775276262486403_883785260_n.png

It's December 6th and that makes it the 6th day of our Advent Calendar. Today we bring you a new companion to join your on your adventures. In keeping with the theme from yesterday, your gift today is none other than, an OOD!

Please enter this promo code to claim an Ood of your very own for your team: 6Q6U-957N-6SLY-ZY46.

Please share with your friends --- code expires in 7 days.

You get up to seven days to enter these codes. SO check out the earlier codes in this thread if you haven't done so already.

TinyRebelGames joined TheAdiposeTV last night in the live stream. The link below is the youtube highlights but still is an hour long.

Doctor Who: Legacy-LIVE-TinyRebelGames joins the stream!! Highlights!

And it is officially Day 9 of the Advent Calendar - and today a very merry christmas to you with the 11th Doctor's festive Victorian costume!!!

1486851_223889901068581_1401739557_n.jpg

There was two more advent levels Saturday and Sunday, you need to be at the end of the seventh season to be able to play and complete them.

We got another level Yesterday and Promo code today.

1505401_224141314376773_1661755914_n.jpg

We got another level Yesterday and Promo code today.

155767_780230838657612_1723541318_n.jpg

Saturdays promo code: -

1476342_224567961000775_228339860_n.jpg

We got another level today!
    day 15 (only 10 days til Christmas!!). Two exciting gifts today. First, we have Flesh and Stone: Byzantium Corridors, a further sneak peak into season 5. This is tuned, as with prior advent levels, to those who are roughly half way through the current game progression. Accessible from the Special tab in Episode select.

Second, for only the bravest and most experienced players, we bring you the first HARD mode content. This is the first 4 advent levels re-tuned for players with Rank 4 players. This is in addition to the original levels, don't worry newer players, both versions of the levels are accessible from Special in Episode select. Look for [Hard] Snowmen in the Rain, [Hard] The Satan Pit: The beast, [Hard] [Time attack] The Satan Pit: Ten Miles Below, and [Hard] The Impossible Planet.

6th Doctor Yesterday and another promo code today.
    We're very proud to announce the arrival of the venerable 6th Doctor as our 17th advent calendar gift to all.

The 6th Doctor is a 100% drop when you complete the season 7 level "The Silent Paradox".

Day 18 of the Advent Calendar --- a gift of time fragments today. Please enter JSTS-M95S-8696-Y63V. 3 red fragments, 3 green fragments

1526740_225009347623303_876404030_n.jpg

Regards
    John

Greetings on this, the 22nd day of December --- and just 3 short days away from Christmas. As announced by our wonderful friends and partners at the BBC (http://tinyurl.com/mchy2ka), today is a very special gift --- the incomparable Sarah Jane Smith as your new companion. Promo code is FZBM-J896-A7NJ-GB8W. Merry christmas, spread the word to your friends, review us on the app stores!

1470073_225539620903609_1562393984_n.jpg

And we had another level yesterday and the day before McCoy's doctor!

Go get him!: S7 L19 "Paradox of the Weeping Angels"

1515048_225315264259378_1427453307_n.jpg

• Advertisement

1536601_225642144226690_582279042_n.jpg
    8th Doctor drops from Whispermen Paradox level near the end of Season 7.

I have now got 5 doctors and 24 companions! I got all the drops except outfits in season 7! Next strategy is to level up characters so I have strong companions to take on season 6 and some of the advance levels in the fan area and advent levels.

1475926_225754680882103_470580685_n.jpg
    Greetings everyone and a happy Christmas Eve from DW: Legacy.

By popular demand, you asked for it and here is it --- one big promo code for the Advent Calendar month of goodies!

PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH YOUR FRIENDS! Tweet it, message it, the wider spread the better. Email it to a fellow Whovian as an early Christmas present.

Promo code is 42M7-59EG-MV77-VRUW

NOTE: THIS AND ALL ADVENT CODES WILL EXPERIENCE ON THE 31ST OF DECEMBER AT MIDNIGHT UK TIME.

We've also changed up the gems for a more festive experience for Christmas.

2 Crystals available in season 7 since Friday!
    And as promised, a much deserved reward, two time crystals.

They are in game, right at the beginning, so this is an easy task to get for everyone Head back in the game to S7, Level 3
    Asylum of the Daleks: Graveyard and Asylum of the Daleks: Corridor 5L. Both levels will give you a 100% guaranteed time crystal drop when completed.

Don't delay --- the reward is only for the next 72 hours, dropping only until Monday morning, 10 am UK time.

S7 Asylum of the Daleks: Graveyard
    S7 Asylum of the Daleks: Corridor 5L

100% Drop (Totally 2 time crystals)

Players can find those 2 levels in S7 early.

Above From Facebook!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Anyone still playing this here are a couple of codes for the different Doctors and a new costume/portrait of them as well. If you have the Doctors you will only unlock the portrait.

Only available till Sunday 8th June.

The Eleventh Doctor: 4633-3599-5355-5399
    The Tenth Doctor: 2969-7295-7282-9965
    The Ninth Doctor: 5538-9596-9764-9422
    The War Doctor: 5229-7345-9856-9852
    The Eighth Doctor: 6747-2986-6942-9493
    The Seventh Doctor: 9448-3337-8299-6876

Anyone still playing this here are a couple of codes for the different Doctors and a new costume/portrait of them as well. If you have the Doctors you will only unlock the portrait.

Only available till Sunday 8th June.

The Eleventh Doctor: 4633-3599-5355-5399
    The Tenth Doctor: 2969-7295-7282-9965
    The Ninth Doctor: 5538-9596-9764-9422
    The War Doctor: 5229-7345-9856-9852
    The Eighth Doctor: 6747-2986-6942-9493
    The Seventh Doctor: 9448-3337-8299-6876

I have stopped playing but might plug these into the game tomorrow, so I have them, If i do start playing again. Thanks!

Didn't wait plugged them in tonight. Whole load of updates and changes to game since I played last.

The only doctor, I didn't have was the war doctor.

Advertisement