Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portmarnock Questions?

Options
  • 25-11-2013 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hi all. Going looking at an apartment in Portmarnock tomorrow and have a few questions?

The apartment is on upper Carrickhill Rd, beside the leisure, how far from the dart station is that in both walking and cycling terms?

Also whats the best route driving to east point form there?

We really like the apartment and Portmarnock but just need to know its not gonna be a process just getting to work each day! I'm guessing there are buses but take about an hour or so?

Any other hints or pointers anyone might have, i would love to hear them??

Thanks all in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

I'd say that's close to a 20 minute casual (ie not lyrca-clad arse-pumping) cycle to the station.

In good traffic, the bus takes about 35 minutes into town, but add rush hour to that and it'd be considerably longer (note: this is an assumption; I've never got the bus at rush hour). Also, the only bus you can get straight to town is the 32, which I think will mean you'll have to walk down to the Strand Road to catch it.

Driving to East Point, the Malahide Road is probably fastest, but via Baldoyle and the coast road through Clontarf is much more pleasant. I've never done it in rush hour heading towards town, but for what it's worth, at around 10am, it should take you no more than 30 minutes.

Edit: Forgot about the 42, which might be handier for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

I'd say 10-15 minute cycle to the station, the first 2 km are downhill, 20 minutes on the way back.
    Over an hour to town during rush hour on the 32.
    Frequent cycle commuters take 25-35 minutes to cycle into Dublin via the Malahide road.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

Thanks all, decided to leave it! Really disappointed as the apartment seems lovely and would really really love to be in an area like Portmarnock (quite sick of the city center to be honest) but the journey just to get to the dart would drive me mad everyday. :(

Thanks again, appreciate all the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Try the links or seabrook manor both across the road from dart station or theres a new development in the village wouldnt be a far walk to dart station. Cant remember name of it maybe someone here knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

neris wrote: »
    Try the links or seabrook manor both across the road from dart station or theres a new development in the village wouldnt be a far walk to dart station. Cant remember name of it maybe someone here knows.

Yep, a quick look tells me that of the 10 apartments to let on Daft in Portmarnock this morning, 9 of them are beside the station.

• Advertisement
Advertisement