Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 Week 14 Reports

Options
  • 25-11-2013 10:45pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Come on lads, start doing the reports!

Titans @ Broncos and the Titans need a win to keep their mathematically possible play off hopes alive!

titans get a good drive and get a short TD, quick play and blown coverage and its TD Broncos.
    Titans drive down the field and have 2 options for a pass.. they take the wrong one and its picked, good drive then from the Broncos converting a number of 3rd downs before getting the TD

Titans get a 3rd down conversion but no! OPI on Hunter, Titans then throw a pick, Broncos TD... Then a Titans pick 6

C2J nearly scores with a screen pass on the last play, but gets stopped around the 40 yard line by a good Bronco tackle

HT and the Titans go from being in the redzone and within a score to being 3 TDs behind.. Broncos then score early in the 3rd to make it 7-35

TD Johnson, TD Broncos.. Then Cromartie picks off his 3rd pick of the night after it bounces around a WR and CB.

Craig Stevens TD

Another pick on the way to try and make the score slightly more respectable and thats game

Manning has a perfect game, 16 from 20, 226 yards, 3 TDs
    While Locker throws 5 ints :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Colts beat the Bengals 49-28

Bengals defence suffered with a case of non tackles in this game as the Colts Darius Reynaud a FA Pick up in mid season continues to impress the coach.

Reynaud had 193 yards and 3 TD's from 11 carries, Bradshaw ran in for a late TD to,

TY Hilton had 123 yards and a TD from 3 catches, While Josh Boyce a player some said had no hands also got a TD.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Colts beat the Bengals 49-28

Bengals defence suffered with a case of non tackles in this game as the Colts Darius Reynaud a FA Pick up in mid season continues to impress the coach.

Reynaud had 193 yards and 3 TD's from 11 carries, Bradshaw ran in for a late TD to,

TY Hilton had 123 yards and a TD from 3 catches, While Josh Boyce a player some said had no hands also got a TD.
    Well played, you gave me a proper beating, though 2 dropped picks as well as missing on a fumble recovery early clearly didn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Cowboys 35-21 Bears.

The Tony Romo Show rolled into Chicago this week as the Boys QB was flawless, throwing darts around the arena. The Bears received and on the back of some good Forte running and big 3rd down conversions had a TD for Forte, the Cowboys quickly responded as Romo found Dez Bryant. Back came the Bears and Martellus Bennett put them ahead, but again Romo found an answer as he hit Jason Witten cutting up the middle. With 2 mins left in the half, Jay Cutler went in search of a TD to keep the cushion intact as the Cowboys got ball at half, but with 50 seconds left Claybourne jumped a route to Alshon Jeffrey to record a vital interception. With 45 seconds on the clock Romo tried to march downfield for a killer score, but solid Bears D forced the short pass, until, with 10 seconds left, Tony Romo unleashed a 50 yard BULLET right into the arms of Miles Austin who went over for a huge TD.

Second half started and the Cowboys were moving the ball well, Demarco Murray had a decent day, but Romo was really the star, and he made the difference 14 points as he found Dwayne Harris over the middle, an area targeted a number of times due to sleepy linebackers for the Bears. Once again the Bears offence was solid in moving the chains, and Forte pounded over for another TD, but when Demarco Murray hit straight back with a rushing TD of his own, the Bears had a mountain to climb, and it came down to a huge 4th and goal, but Brandon Marshall came up 2 yards short on the slant and the Cowboys had the win.

Good game Eamon, you had no help from your linebackers which is why I religiously user my LBs, you got some good penetration by controlling the DT but I felt like I had a passing play any time I needed one as a result, as the zones just don't react consistently in M25.

Best of luck with your playoff push.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yeah, my linebackers were just awful. So many passes that should have been batted down for important stops. In particular one right before the end of the second half which should have been intercepted and left me in FG range and totally changed the momentum of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

A bored Vikings team beat the Ravens 38-10.

Ponder and Patterson hooking up to produce another impressive day. Peterson was also there, running etc.

I hate playing the CPU, so little drama or excitement compared to my recent run of games against the Packers and Bears.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Nelbert wrote: »
    A bored Vikings team beat the Ravens 38-10.

Ponder and Patterson hooking up to produce another impressive day. Peterson was also there, running etc.

I hate playing the CPU, so little drama or excitement compared to my recent run of games against the Packers and Bears.

Ravens are back now so should no longer be CPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

adrian522 wrote: »
    Ravens are back now so should no longer be CPU.

Damn it! I didn't hear anything and he was on auto so I played it on Friday!

Nelbert wrote: »
    Damn it! I didn't hear anything and he was on auto so I played it on Friday!

Yeah, think he just rejoined yesterday !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭davetherave

:eek: :o

You must have advanced the season about three minutes too early Adrian. I was halfway through the 4th quarter when I saw you come online. I had beaten the Chargers 29-21 but it doesn't seem to have counted and now I've lost 27-0 :(

Had sacked Rivers 8 times, held their rush game to -2 yards, had four interceptions, a punt return for a TD and now it is all gone :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Shoddy commisioning...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭davetherave

Just as well I'm not in playoff contention or the next beers might have been a frosty affair :D :pac:

:eek: :o

You must have advanced the season about three minutes too early Adrian. I was halfway through the 4th quarter when I saw you come online. I had beaten the Chargers 29-21 but it doesn't seem to have counted and now I've lost 27-0 :(

Had sacked Rivers 8 times, held their rush game to -2 yards, had four interceptions, a punt return for a TD and now it is all gone :(

Sorry about that.

I advanced the league at about 9:45 this morning, I was already way late for work and the gameweek was due to finish yesterday.

Anyway Heli is now the commissioner so it's kinda his fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

patriots playoff hopes take a major blow as they lose to the browns 34-31.

defence for both teams was shocking with neither able to get a stop when needed. I don't think there was a punt all game.

good game paddy that keeps alive your play off hopes and leave me needing to rely on other peoples results going my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Beat the Falcons 50+ to 30+, Ryan gave me nightmares and luckily he couldn't keep it up in the second half and threw two picks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

guns4all wrote: »
    patriots playoff hopes take a major blow as they lose to the browns 34-31.

defence for both teams was shocking with neither able to get a stop when needed. I don't think there was a punt all game.

good game paddy that keeps alive your play off hopes and leave me needing to rely on other peoples results going my way.

Well played think i have left it to late for a play off run at this stage another one of Weedens better games finally getting the running game going which helps a lot.

Advertisement