Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unhappy with service provider

• 25-11-2013 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a way to get out of a one year contract if your ISP is crap?

I'm not looking for legal advice. Just a few links or something from anyone who has had a similar experience.

It's not for me. I'm quite happy with what I have.
    I have (ISP name) fibre package and it is working as it should.
    My cousin is just up the road and has a different DSL provider. She is on the same exchange as me, so there shouldn't be a problem, but her broadband keeps going down.

She's two months into the 12 month contract, so the grace period has passed.
    Is there a way out without breaching the contract?

Once again, not looking for legal advise. Just some links to see what the craic is.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

You didn't say what, if anything she had done to have the problem investigated. If the ISP is on the Talk To forums that could be a place to start.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=241

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Yes, in some cases if the service is not what you have paid for.

What is your issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Her provider is not on the talk to forum.

The service keeps dropping. Two or three times a day for an hour or so at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Terry wrote: »
    Her provider is not on the talk to forum.

The service keeps dropping. Two or three times a day for an hour or so at a time.

Ok, is it a Wireless Dongle service, satellite service, wireless radio service, DSL service, LLU or Fibre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

logik wrote: »
    Ok, is it a Wireless Dongle service, satellite service, wireless radio service, DSL service, LLU or Fibre?
    It's DSL.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Terry wrote: »
    It's DSL.

That's almost unusable. The service provided is not of merchantable quality. Get the account holder to contact them and cancel the contract after trying to troubleshoot the issue, even for a fault on the line. It may be the modem or something on the line that could be causing the problem. If she has further problems, go to Comreg.

Advertisement