Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP A GIRL OUT

• 25-11-2013 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Recently I was told by a man who is basically a complete stranger to me that I should study medicine after my Leaving Cert. I've always been applying for general science courses but I've never had the confidence to go straight for medicine but the more I think about it the more I realise why medicine might just be the right choice.

So that's where I'm hoping you can help;
    Any information on the medicine courses offered in UCC or UCD or the hPat would be greatly appreciated. And you think I'm being irrational then I should probably hear that too

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Dores

Maybe you should talk to your GP :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Why is applying for Medicine irrational?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Maybe not your GP!

Would do no harm to talk to a guidance counsellor though. You'll get 'advice' there. Chances are you may just get well meaning 'opinion' here. Of course, you could try the lively hpat thread. I think its in the leaving cert forum. Remember, there's also the option if a mature entry into medicine, post science degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Orlando_Con

Danger781 wrote: »
    Why is applying for Medicine irrational?

Irrational was possibly the wrong choice of words, what I meant was if am I starting to consider to applying for medicine too late?

Advertisement