Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish export

Options
  • 25-11-2013 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi all I'm looking at getting a 10/22 magnum from Sweden. Anyone ever bought and imported a firearm from Sweden? If so how did You get it shipped here and how much did it cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

Your biggest problem will be trying to find a carrier who will take it for you! I think Lufthansa are the only company who will air freight them but I could be wrong. You should expect to pay around €250-€300 for airport to airport and more if your going door to door. Make sure you ask which one you are being quoted for and expect to be in the airport for a while when you're collecting it.

dax121 wrote: »
    Hi all I'm looking at getting a 10/22 magnum from Sweden. Anyone ever bought and imported a firearm from Sweden? If so how did You get it shipped here and how much did it cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

Mezamo wrote: »
    Your biggest problem will be trying to find a carrier who will take it for you! I think Lufthansa are the only company who will air freight them but I could be wrong. You should expect to pay around €250-€300 for airport to airport and more if your going door to door. Make sure you ask which one you are being quoted for and expect to be in the airport for a while when you're collecting it.
    That's crazy money to ship a single firearm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

I'm going to watch this with great interest. Knowing how much these little rifles cost in Sweden, and their little export foibles, especially where firearms are concerned, plus the who is going to get it to you via your dealer, will be fascinating reading.

I'm willing to take a bet that you haven't thought this one through, least of all contacted the dealer in Sweden for his advice?

If I'm wrong, so sue me.

I'd get one from Germany or the UK, bearing in mind that the UK is a single step over an invisible line in the north of the country. There's even a movie on YouTube of a proud new owner with his - HE lives in Co. Fermanagh, and I bet you a pound to a pinch of parrot poop that HE didn't pay eu300 shipping.

tac

tac foley wrote: »
    I'm going to watch this with great interest. Knowing how much these little rifles cost in Sweden, and their little export foibles, especially where firearms are concerned, plus the who is going to get it to you via your dealer, will be fascinating reading.

I'm willing to take a bet that you haven't thought this one through, least of all contacted the dealer in Sweden for his advice?

If I'm wrong, so sue me.

tac

PS - me, I'd get one from Germany or the UK, bearing in mind that the UK is a single step over an invisible line in the north of the country.

Just trying to see if it's worth while it's a private seller that has a dealer to do the paper work on his side. As for a dealer on my end I haven't asked anyone but that should b straight foward enuf. I have looked in uk sites with no luck :(

dax121 wrote: »
    That's crazy money to ship a single firearm :(

Well, it's YOUR idea to get a private import from the second most expensive country in Scandinavia. I would have thought that you would have taken that into consideration, me. :rolleyes:

I've just had a quick look around for a 10/22 in .22WMR, and I can't find one either. To tell the truth, I've never even seen one here, and our club has over 300 members. Most either have an ordinary 10/22 and use something else like 17HMR for close-range foxing et al. It's true to say that .22WMR here in UK is as popular as a leper in a kiss-and-tell party.

tac

• Advertisement

Well, it's YOUR idea to get a private import from the second most expensive country in Scandinavia. I would have thought that you would have taken that into consideration, me. :rolleyes:

tac

Well that's the purpose of this thread Is to find out if anyone has done it and how much did it cost. So thanks for ur input

Why not ask the vendor? After all, HE lives in Sweden. None of us do.

tac

Why not ask the vendor? After all, HE lives in Sweden. None of us do.

tac

I am speaking to him he is after telling me he has a dealer to do the paper work. But regards shipping he doesn't know who would carry it. I just got this idea last nite so it's still in the early days. But no money will exchange untill I know how much it's gonna cost me.
    Ur rite their a rare gun I know of only one in Ireland. I love my 10/22 their a really fun gun so I want it's bigger brother to play with. Ideally I want a 17hmr on that platform but volquartsen do the only one that's 100% safe. So I'd say I wouldn't find a hmr so magnum will do for now

It will be interesting being a fly on the wall in the super's office when you explain that you want another .22RF rifle in a slightly different calibre...

Perhaps you'll share it with us, eh?

tac

It will be interesting being a fly on the wall in the super's office when you explain that you want another .22RF rifle in a slightly different calibre...

Perhaps you'll share it with us, eh?

tac
    Sub one of my other rifles ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭insertclever

My pops and brother in law both tried to purchase rifles out of Sweden, can't remember exactly what anymore, but one was a Husqvarna 30.06.

Was purchased at one of the bigger online dealers over there and it turned into an absolute nightmare that went on for well over a year. Turns out in the end the person responsible with the Swedish police in that region for granting the export license had gone a x number of years service with either the UN or Nato and there was nobody left who knew what to do.

Had to cancel orders in the end.

What part of the country are you buying from?

Advertisement