Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Road House remake

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Oh ffs, the 80's cheese of Road House is the charm of it. probably have The Rock in it.

...actually, I'd probably watch that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Why bother? The original Road House is perfect.

Why bother? The original Road House is perfect.

Total guilty pleasure movie, it's cheesy as hell but all the more fun for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Cheesy as fùck with some prime 80's quotes:

"What's the matter, you chicken dick?"

It was a terribly silly movie that knew it which added to it's charm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

As other have said, how the hell can they remake Road House the plot is ridiculous but its brilliantly 80's and the cheese is what makes it.

This and Over the Top were two films that were so drenched in 80's I thought we would never see them re made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Some films should not be remade and the brilliant Road House is one if them.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Cheesy as fùck with some prime 80's quotes:

"What's the matter, you chicken dick?"

It was a terribly silly movie that knew it which added to it's charm.

"Be nice..until it's time to not be nice"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The sequel was even bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Is it time for me to watch Road House?

Edit: I should add that I have seen Road House 2, which is what put me off seeing Road House 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

kryogen wrote: »
    Is it time for me to watch Road House?

Edit: I should add that I have seen Road House 2, which is what put me off seeing Road House 1

Definitely Watch it and report back. Road House is brilliant if your a fan of 80's films :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Thrill wrote: »
    A script has already been written
    I know, I saw it turned into a film years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The original is killer. The Jeff Healey band appear as the house band. It has proper baddies, not like today's douche bags. Sam Elliot's tash and deep voice. Several tommy tanks were had (Kelly Lynch), vhs took a battering. Hollywood be ashamed.

80's villians weren't just villians with some sort of tragic background, they were just complete dickheads. :pac:

Duggy747 wrote: »
    80's villians weren't just villians with some sort of tragic background, they were just complete dickheads. :pac:

Ha yeah, rich guy who has his own helicopter and pool cue wielding henchman, just because he can.

Ah that's it I'm watching this over the weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yeah and I thought you'd be bigger.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I still watch this regularly i'd say every few months, it's just so cheesy and awesome at the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Watched this merely because of the Family Guy episode and absolutely loved it.

It was just so 80's, made zero sense, and was all round magic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Dunno why I put off watching this for so many years, brilliant, loved it! Pure 80's :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'd be another who's never watched this. Amazed to see so much love for the original here. I always assumed it was just another in the long line of post-Dirty Dancing excuses for Patrick Swayze to take his shirt off flicks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Sleepy wrote: »
    I'd be another who's never watched this. Amazed to see so much love for the original here. I always assumed it was just another in the long line of post-Dirty Dancing excuses for Patrick Swayze to take his shirt off flicks...

Make sure to watch it with you're top off.

Sleepy wrote: »

He does and all, just go with it and appreciate the cheese. It's 80's-tastic. Big hair, bad sweaters, tight jeans, 80's music, a villain who has a henchman who knows martial arts just like the hero, it's got everything :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Can't stand Ronda rousey and shes a **** actress

Nick Cassavetes (The Notebook) will write and direct Ronda Rousey’s Road House Source

She comes across nice in real life but she really can't act for shít. They'd want to have solid fight scenes and not take the film's tone in a serious way for it to work.

Advertisement