Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wrong shoe size

Options
  • 26-11-2013 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

Im a fool but I bought shoes in New Look a few weeks ago. Paid cash. Just looked at shoes tonight and they're two diff sizes :-( Will look for receipt tomorrow but don't think I have it.

Will they exchange one shoe for my correct shoe?! Or will I just have to search for two one legged women who wear size 5 and size 7? :-(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

You shouldn't need a receipt for this sort of thing, they'll probably still have the odd pair in the shop so go back in and ask about it.

I'd be shocked if they said they couldn't do anything for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I'm surprised the staff didn't check that the new shoes were the same. I would point that out to them

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

They will probably have them but the other way around! Bet they will be glad to get them back so that they can pair up the odd pair that they have and sell them on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

hfallada wrote: »
    I'm surprised the staff didn't check that the new shoes were the same. I would point that out to them

surely a customer should check too? - or do people expect staff to hold their hands on everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Or will I just have to search for two one legged women who wear size 5 and size 7? :-(
    You may laugh but I heard of people with odd sized feet pulling a fast one in shops and coming out with mismatched pairs on purpose.

http://www.healthyfeetstore.com/different-sized-feet.html

sandin wrote: »
    or do people expect staff to hold their hands on everything?
    If you want to call that "holding hands" then yeah, I would certainly expect it, usually the staff are in more control of the selection/pairing of shoes. If this was picking say gloves out of a big basket of loose single varying sizes I think the onus is on the customer to pair them properly, but would still think staff would still be told to double check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

Yeah, you'll have no prob, so recent, thou didn't fare as well in Clarks few months ago! Kid's school shoe box contained 2 different style shoes (same size) when taken out just prior to back-to-school. No receipt, as had been bought months previously to avoid the annual end-of-August rush, but arguably one of their best customers in The Land. Very, very, very well known to them. Simple exchange for either matched pair or any pair in stock? No chance. Given half price paid as had since gone on sale. Yes - no receipt! No - cop on!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah, you'll have no prob, so recent, thou didn't fare as well in Clarks few months ago! Kid's school shoe box contained 2 different style shoes (same size) when taken out just prior to back-to-school. No receipt, as had been bought months previously to avoid the annual end-of-August rush, but arguably one of their best customers in The Land. Very, very, very well known to them. Simple exchange for either matched pair or any pair in stock? No chance. Given half price paid as had since gone on sale. Yes - no receipt! No - cop on!

Thats actually shocking.

And yes, staff should always double check he sizes when popping them through the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

Mushy wrote: »
    Thats actually shocking.

Agree! Ye know, it was absolutely no issue for us - simple mistake - the outcome was the issue. It was nothing to Clarks to give the child any pair of school shoes in the store, i.e. replace what we had bought. Easily have 20+ pairs of their kid shoes currently. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Definitely bring them back! I work in a well known chain of shoe stores, and we always pair-check the shoes before they're bought. It's just common sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

OP , any update as it's 3 days since you posted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

OP , any update as it's 3 days since you posted?

I've been away and haven't managed to exchange them yet.

Will update ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Update; Changed them no problem. Well, actually they didn't have my size in stock (different store) so I got a refund. Happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Update; Changed them no problem. Well, actually they didn't have my size in stock (different store) so I got a refund. Happy days.

That's the story with most retail issues. Never panic and just go back to the store with a polite attitude. It has never failed for me.

Advertisement