Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

womens soccer

Options
  • 26-11-2013 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I have just moved to Cork and I'm looking for a 5-a-side league to join or just a friendly kick about each week? I haven't been able to find anything so far so would appreciate any info or pointers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Starbuck84 wrote: »
    Hi, I have just moved to Cork and I'm looking for a 5-a-side league to join or just a friendly kick about each week? I haven't been able to find anything so far so would appreciate any info or pointers?

I'm not sure about 5 a side but I know casement Celtic run a ladies team and are allways looking for player. They will be due too start up again for the new season just after Xmas and I can pass along contact details If you wish

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Starbuck84

thanks MrMac84, ya ive been looking into clubs to join in the new year but just want something fun for the next month or so. But if you could pm me the contact details that would be great :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Starbuck84 wrote: »
    thanks MrMac84, ya ive been looking into clubs to join in the new year but just want something fun for the next month or so. But if you could pm me the contact details that would be great :-)

I think they'll be playing 5a sides and things so no harm asking him on the phone ill pm you now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

this is one of the 5 aside fun games we have running:Thursday Nights i am the only girl so far but it is fun. it is currently filled (with 2 people waiting) but over christmas we may need numbers so keep an eye on the thread if you want a game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Starbuck84

great, thanks hoodwinked. I forgot to say mixed games are good too. I'll keep an eye on the thread so. Need a kick-about soon, starting to get withdrawal symptoms :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Well if you're willing to drive a few minutes from the tunnel :
    Soccer Special

Carrigtwohill Community Council and Coerver Coaching are running 3 taster soccer sessions at the All Weather Pitch every Monday, 7.30pm –8.30pm from 02 to 16 December. These are designed for women from 16 years plus. No previous soccer experience is required. It will help you get it shape and make new friends in the run up to Christmas. There is a €2.00 charge per session.

From the sessions I've seen so far it seems to depend on who's there on the night what sort of game they have. At their busiest they usually have a kids game and a game with girls from about 16-20 in it. At a glance it seems far from the city, but it's a 120kmph road and you'd get there quicker than you think. The pitch itself is excellent - I'm down there 3/4 nights a week myself.

Pm me if you want contact details for the coach - I don't want to post his number on an open forum.

Advertisement