Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keeways... bad make or just bad luck?

• 26-11-2013 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Posting on behalf on my Dad, had the bike for a year/2 and a bit now and having lots of trouble.. but the main reoccurring problem (that no mechanic can seem to fix) is s this....

So the alternator thing went, he replaced it...

Basically he can no longer drive at night because the minute he switches the lights on the battery goes right down and he's left with no lights.. he's bought 2 new batteries Id say and has to charge nearly every other night just so he can use bike next day.. and the other day he had to buy acid for the battery because ut had all gone out of the battery?!

Any ideas at all.. are keeways a bad bike because from what I can tell, Dad's been told by the mechanical people that they give a lot of stress. it's a 125.. and only 3 years old I think..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

From the company that brought you plastic that rusts!! I jest. IMO, these non-mainstream bikes are often okay as long as you know your way around spanners and are prepared to get your hands dirty. I'm sure it can be fixed as long as you have the will to do so.

Has he changed the regulator/ rectifier?

Are we talking about pro mechanics looking at the bike or armchair mechanics?

Did he buy it new? From where? Has he contacted them? We do have a Keeway dealer in Cork, btw. Ross Motorcycles. Maybe Damien can be some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

He bought it off a friend, it had only like 100km done or something and had been sitting idle in a shed for a while.. apparently he got it fairly cheap for a bike too (makes you wonder?!)

ummm?? I would have thought the guys he's been to be fairly good ones, then again I have no idea. He took it to your man before but he couldn't fix the prob.. think he had it for 72+ hours

He's asked several i think at this stage.. he's asking another on Wednesday... he phoned one of the "big" dealers but they wouldn't deal with it or something because they don't specialize in them or something... cant remember exactly what it was.... all I know is that they didn't have anything good to say about the Brand..

latest thing now is that there's a funny noise.. like a rattling coming from the engine... ill mention the regulator though i think thats been looked at

Advertisement