Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

83 yr old sold broadband... can't cancel?

Options
  • 26-11-2013 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Hi, I recently found out that my 83 year old mother-in-law was sold broadband last July. She said that she agreed to a 'bundle' that she was told was 'good value'. She has no computer, lives alone and has no mobile phone.

She's paying over €50 per bill for broadband that not only is not needed, but when I was checking it out, doesn't work properly. I called tech support and they told me that there is an issue with it, probably relating to the internal wiring.

My sister-in-law tried to cancel the broadband but was told that it must be paid for until next June!

I want this service to be cancelled immediately and the amount paid up to this point, refunded. You can imagine the headlines this might generate for eircom. I'm sure eircom can do without this kind of exposure.

I will PM details on request.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Jesus Christ that is one of the lowest things I've heard. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Gosub wrote: »
    Hi, I recently found out that my 83 year old mother-in-law was sold broadband last July. She said that she agreed to a 'bundle' that she was told was 'good value'. She has no computer, lives alone and has no mobile phone.

She's paying over €50 per bill for broadband that not only is not needed, but when I was checking it out, doesn't work properly. I called tech support and they told me that there is an issue with it, probably relating to the internal wiring.

My sister-in-law tried to cancel the broadband but was told that it must be paid for until next June!

I want this service to be cancelled immediately and the amount paid up to this point, refunded. You can imagine the headlines this might generate for eircom. I'm sure eircom can do without this kind of exposure.

I will PM details on request.
    Hi Gosub

Can you Pm me with your mothers eircom account number and name on account and I will check that for you.

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Further proof that no one should trust any of the Irish broadband providers. They are all out to screw you any way they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

Further proof that no one should trust any of the Irish broadband providers. They are all out to screw you any way they can.
    I'm not willing to condemn the entire company for the actions of one dodgy sales person. If they sort this then fine. If this isn't sorted, the company has slid further into the gutter than I would have thought.

PM sent Mark. I hope you can work with that info for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I'm not willing to condemn the entire company for the actions of one dodgy sales person. If they sort this then fine. If this isn't sorted, the company has slid further into the gutter than I would have thought.

Hi Gosub

I got your details thanks. I will look into it and get back to you as soon as you can.

Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Gosub

I got your details thanks. I will look into it and get back to you as soon as you can.

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Any update on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Gosub

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Any update on this?

Hi Gosub,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you.

I've checked this for you and the broadband has been ceased from the account and credited back to the account, this will appear on the next bill for you.

Apologises for the wrong information being giving out to you and all the inconvenience caused to you, I understand this must have been frustrating.

Thanks

Tracey

Thanks Tracey. We'll see what the next bill brings.

Cheers

Cheers

Ok no problem at all. If you have any further queries please don't hesitate in coming back to us.

Thanks

Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Cheers

Ok no problem at all. If you have any further queries please don't hesitate in coming back to us.

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey, OK the bill arrived. The broadband is still being charged for but the mailbox has been ceased. Clearly this is another error. Can you please sort this out?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Every time I get tempted to rejoin eircom for phone or broadband I end up seeing threads and I realise not matter how bad UPC are at least they are not eircom :( . Come on eircom sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Hope you canceled direct debit if she had it through her bank.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

I hope the scumbag responsible is out of a job.

Cheers

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey, OK the bill arrived. The broadband is still being charged for but the mailbox has been ceased. Clearly this is another error. Can you please sort this out?

Cheers.

Hi,

I've checked this for you and I was in contact with you on the 4/12 and ceased the broadband and issued the credit €123.95 however the bill was issued the 3/12 so it is a lap over I'm afraid. The credit will appear on the next bill and the service will be removed from the bills.

The mailbox was ceased back in November as per customers request, do you still wish to have this service?

Tracey

Cheers

Thanks

Tracey

Cheers.

Hi,

I've checked this for you and I was in contact with you on the 4/12 and ceased the broadband and issued the credit €123.95 however the bill was issued the 3/12 so it is a lap over I'm afraid. The credit will appear on the next bill and the service will be removed from the bills.

The mailbox was ceased back in November as per customers request, do you still wish to have this service?

Tracey
    Hi Tracey,
    I thought it was a bit close to call alright. That is why I said another error. My mother-in-law says she has never requested that the mailbox be ceased, so could you re-instate please.

Thanks for your attention regarding this.

Cheers

Cheers

Thanks

Tracey

Cheers.

Hi,

Tracey
    Hi Tracey,
    I thought it was a bit close to call alright. That is why I said another error. My mother-in-law says she has never requested that the mailbox be ceased, so could you re-instate please.

Thanks for your attention regarding this.

Cheers

No problem at all. I have activated the mailbox back onto the line there now for you. To activate it on the phone you will need to dial 171 and follow the instructions.

Tracey

Advertisement