Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike service

Options
  • 26-11-2013 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

My bicycle hasn't been used for a while and could do with a good service and overhaul. I was going to do it myself but figured it might be best to have a professional check it out! Can anyone recommend somewhere in the city (preferably south of the city if possible) that won't break the bank?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I recommend MacDonald Cycles - good mechanics and reasonable prices. They're on Wexford St (the shop has a huge Trek sign over it).
    My OH would be more inclined to send his bike Penny Farthing Cycles on Camden St (because the opening hours suit his work better) - and he finds them great too.
    They're both really close to eachother so comparing prices should be easy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I've had some great service recently from Wolfe Cycles on Sundrive Road, if that's in the right part of the south for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I've always been happy with the service from Thinkbike in Rathmines.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Wolfe Cycles and Think Bike are the two places I've used. And they've both been really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mickb

Another for Wolfe cycles!

MiCk B. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

Thanks for all the suggestions. Does anyone know how much I should be expecting to pay (roughly)?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I think a bike service is around €30/€40 and then if you need anything replaced it will increase. Any decent bike shop will go through costs with you before you agree to the work being done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

cosmic wrote: »
    I recommend MacDonald Cycles - good mechanics and reasonable prices. They're on Wexford St (the shop has a huge Trek sign over it).
    My OH would be more inclined to send his bike Penny Farthing Cycles on Camden St (because the opening hours suit his work better) - and he finds them great too.
    They're both really close to eachother so comparing prices should be easy.

Another vote for McDonald's here. I get my bikes and all the stuff done in there for the last 10 years, never had any problems :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Another vote for Thinkbike. Lovely chaps and excellent service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Beecycles on the SCR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

I've used Thinkbike a few times and they're pretty good. Convenient opening hours too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Let me put in a vote for the shop on Harold's Cross bridge -Delaney & Son, who have been supplying me with bikes and servicing them since 1982 :D

The shop has been in existence since 1910 or thereabouts.

Advertisement