Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Broadband - Extremely Poor Service

Options
  • 26-11-2013 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

[font=Times New Roman, serif]I called Eircom to order eFibre Broadband on the 7[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif] of November. I was given an installation date of the 18[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif] of November pm and organised the time off work to be there. On Thursday the 14[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif] of November, I received a text message from Eircom saying the date of installation is the 15[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif]. After 30 minutes on hold, I got someone who told me that the correct date was in fact the 15[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif] and said the message sent to me, and the letter issued saying the 18[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif] were both incorrect. I had to organize to take the 15[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif] off work instead.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman, serif]On the morning of the 15[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif] I received another text message from Eircom saying the installation date was the 18[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif]. Again I called they reiterated that the date was the 15[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif] and apologized for the message. I sat in the house from 9am to 5pm that day, no engineer called. I called Eircom again at 5pm to be told no one could check my account as their systems were down and to call again the next day. Again I called on the Saturday, they explained two accounts had been set up in my name in error and that two dates had been generated, they advised the correct date was Monday the 18[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif].[/font]

[font=Times New Roman, serif]On the Monday morning, the engineer called to install the broadband. The internet connection wouldn't work and he said that this is because our account was not set up correctly and wasn't syncing. He gave me reference number 1213935 and said to call the technical support department who would resolve it straight away. I called Eircom on the Monday evening, I was on hold for almost 45 minutes and had to hang up. On Tuesday, I called again, I was told that the account would need to be sent to the cancellation team, they would cancel and re activate it and it would work fine. They said this process takes 24 hours. [/font]

24 hours later, I was back on to Eircom, internet still not working. I was speaking to another girl in the cancellation team who advised me that it would be at least two weeks but possible after Christmas before someone could look at my account. I told her all you have to do is cancel the incorrect account and activate the new one, she advised that there are several different departments this needs to go through and that it takes a long time.

I have cancelled my current broadband provider to switch to Eircom and will not wait over two weeks for this to be looked at. I want this resolved today. We have done nothing wrong and I have spent hours on the phone been transferred from department to department and every person I have talked to has been completely incompetent. There seems to be no communication between departments. The Eircom engineer advised me that this is a simple fix, somebody in head office needs to synch my account – basically somebody needs to turn my internet, which I am paying for, on. 

I would appreciate if you would look into this for me today, my account number is 12183149. I refuse to waste more of my time on hold or speaking to very poorly trained staff who seem to have no understanding of the product they are selling. If it cannot be resolved here, I will be approaching Michael Doyle directly to get this fixed. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

That is unfortunate. You have done nothing wrong and they have left you without internet for weeks, I would be mad and ask for compensation and the price would not be small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Rhacko wrote: »
    [font=Times New Roman, serif]I called Eircom to order eFibre Broadband on the 7[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif] of November. I was given an installation date of the 18[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif] of November pm and organised the time off work to be there. On Thursday the 14[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif] of November, I received a text message from Eircom saying the date of installation is the 15[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif]. After 30 minutes on hold, I got someone who told me that the correct date was in fact the 15[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif] and said the message sent to me, and the letter issued saying the 18[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif] were both incorrect. I had to organize to take the 15[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif] off work instead.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman, serif]On the morning of the 15[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif] I received another text message from Eircom saying the installation date was the 18[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif]. Again I called they reiterated that the date was the 15[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif] and apologized for the message. I sat in the house from 9am to 5pm that day, no engineer called. I called Eircom again at 5pm to be told no one could check my account as their systems were down and to call again the next day. Again I called on the Saturday, they explained two accounts had been set up in my name in error and that two dates had been generated, they advised the correct date was Monday the 18[/font]th[font=Times New Roman, serif].[/font]

[font=Times New Roman, serif]On the Monday morning, the engineer called to install the broadband. The internet connection wouldn't work and he said that this is because our account was not set up correctly and wasn't syncing. He gave me reference number 1213935 and said to call the technical support department who would resolve it straight away. I called Eircom on the Monday evening, I was on hold for almost 45 minutes and had to hang up. On Tuesday, I called again, I was told that the account would need to be sent to the cancellation team, they would cancel and re activate it and it would work fine. They said this process takes 24 hours. [/font]

24 hours later, I was back on to Eircom, internet still not working. I was speaking to another girl in the cancellation team who advised me that it would be at least two weeks but possible after Christmas before someone could look at my account. I told her all you have to do is cancel the incorrect account and activate the new one, she advised that there are several different departments this needs to go through and that it takes a long time.

I have cancelled my current broadband provider to switch to Eircom and will not wait over two weeks for this to be looked at. I want this resolved today. We have done nothing wrong and I have spent hours on the phone been transferred from department to department and every person I have talked to has been completely incompetent. There seems to be no communication between departments. The Eircom engineer advised me that this is a simple fix, somebody in head office needs to synch my account – basically somebody needs to turn my internet, which I am paying for, on. 

I would appreciate if you would look into this for me today, my account number is 12183149. I refuse to waste more of my time on hold or speaking to very poorly trained staff who seem to have no understanding of the product they are selling. If it cannot be resolved here, I will be approaching Michael Doyle directly to get this fixed. 
    Hi Rhacko

Can you send us a private message with your eircom account number, name and address and we can look into that for you.

Mark

Advertisement