Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Collections

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

zagmund wrote: »
    And the figures are in. Obviously your mileage will vary, depending on how much waste you generate. My 2014 bill with Panda was €215.18. Running the same figures through with the Greenstar prices as above it came to €210.76, so a saving of just under €5. For me that's not enough to switch, but for others who generate more waste it may well be worth it.

Here's the comparative prices -
    Panda
    General Waste
    Standing Charge 64.00
    Cost Per Lift 3.20
    Cost Per Kg 0.277

Compost Waste
    Standing Charge 22.00
    Cost Per Lift 2.56
    Cost Per Kg 0.16

And for those interested in the split between fixed & variable charges -
    Service 86.00
    Lifts 37.76
    Waste 81.42
    Cleaning 10.00

Note that the Panda prices are last years and may increase in 2015, whereas the Greenstar prices are those quoted for 2015, so they *should* be reliable for the next few months anyway.

z

Greenstar introduced a fuel levy. So the prices are actually higher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

ted1 wrote: »
    Greenstar introduced a fuel levy. So the prices are actually higher

Interesting . . . do you have a link or a reference for that? That would be underhand if they were doing that without disclosing it anywhere. I don't see it listed on their T&Cs page - http://www.greenstar.ie/external-forms/terms-and-conditions.php

By the way, be wary of anyone that asks you to create a username & password and supply bank details on a page like this which does not use HTTPS - http://www.greenstar.ie/external-forms/new-customer.php

z

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

zagmund wrote: »
    Interesting . . . do you have a link or a reference for that? That would be underhand if they were doing that without disclosing it anywhere. I don't see it listed on their T&Cs page - http://www.greenstar.ie/external-forms/terms-and-conditions.php

By the way, be wary of anyone that asks you to create a username & password and supply bank details on a page like this which does not use HTTPS - http://www.greenstar.ie/external-forms/new-customer.php

z

It's on their bill. It's why I left them and went to panda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

What I really meant was . . . can you expand on that a little for those of us who aren't with Greenstar and can't find details of the levy? Is it a percentage of the entire bill, a couple of € per lift or how much?

z

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

I was waiting for that. I guess for people with nappies there is a problem.
    Not everyone has nappies though.
    And for those that don't I suggest get rid of waste bin, as long as it's there it will fill. If it's not there then not possible to fill it.
    Only use brown bin and put everything else in recycle bin, but no food!
    For example a sheet of used tin foil would not belong in recycle bin nor would the packaging sliced ham would come in,BUT PUT IN RECYCLING BIN.
    It's not a issue,like I said all recycling gets burnt. Only some picking is done on it, the rest is baled and used as fuel.
    I use no waste bin, and there is no issue. If you were to put a waste bin out in the middle of a field in the middle of nowhere you would come back a week later and it would be full, that's the nature of it. Just get rid .

I was under the assumption the recycling bin was all recycled, are you saying it just gets burned as fuel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Got the 6 month free offer too.

With Panda at the moment & very happy.
    I can stack up stuff on top of & beside the recycling bin & they'll take it all. Same goes for the normal bin but it's rare enough that I'd need to do that.

Any Greenstar customers here care to comment on their service in DLR?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Glenalla wrote: »
    I was under the assumption the recycling bin was all recycled, are you saying it just gets burned as fuel?

Yes he is but a poster who claims to be a Greenstar employee says differently in post #26 ...
    CAH2011 wrote: »
    Greenstar does not charge for its Recycling bin and can also take glass in the bin.
    Greenstar recycles all material in the recycling bin. It is the rubbish in your black/purple Refuse Bin that goes for incineration.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

It's not on my bill, presumably it's been absorbed into the rate.

Advertisement