Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leith east tralee

Options
  • 26-11-2013 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi, i wonder has anyone any knowledge/experience of this area ? i am thinking of buying a house there, but most, well all google searches have come up with no imfo.would like to know if there are local pubs, shops etc.? or do you need to go into tralee ? much appreciated..:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭nitros7

You’re a bit out of the town here im afrad. About 5k I’d say to the nearest bar or shop in Tralee.
    You are however closer to Abbeydorney village (Under 4k away) which has a good butcher, Gala store, Petrol Station and local bars and chipper!
    The nearest bar in Tralee is probably the Meadowlands hotel but at that distance out a Taxi would probably be around a tenner!
    Map info below.
    Hope that helps….

https://maps.google.ie/maps?q=leith+east+tralee&hl=en&ll=52.302076,-9.606514&spn=0.078623,0.181789&sll=52.283282,-9.643764&sspn=0.078656,0.181789&hnear=Leath+East,+County+Kerry&t=m&z=13

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cambasque

yes it does help thanks.....now have to ask of course what is abbeydorney like ? not a great drinker at all but like a pub with some good music in it, be it trad or any other kind really, well not techno!!!

Used to be 3 bars but only 2 open now I think. Mcelligotts at the cross and the GAA clubhouse. The latter I think is ok and can have music on the weekends. They also cater for a lot of events so depending on the clientele the music genre might differ…. Can’t really speak to the atmosphere in McElligotts as I’ve never been in the doors!

thanks, sorry one last question, what's the broadband like out there ? I have tried to search online, but have come up woth zero.

Tbh not 100% sure. Have a friend living half way between the village and Leith and he is only getting 1-2Mbps from Eircom. However Leith being on the other side of the road may get better speeds coming from the Tralee direction especially seeing as the IT is very close and im sure they have fibre lines.
    Best bet is if your going to view the house maybe knock on a neighbours door. A drive around the area for a few minutes will give you a better feel for the area and distances involved.

• Advertisement

good points, thanks for your help on this monday morning !:)

Advertisement