Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does getting my deposit credited after 14 Months work?

Options
  • 26-11-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi there wonder if you can help me.

I moved into my first place in September 2012, we signed up to Electric Ireland and payed the €300 deposit on the 20/9/2012 so that we could pay our bills via the Post Office. 

The initial notice says that this deposit will appear as a refund on my Electric Ireland account 14 months after it has been payed. (assuming all bills were payed on time which they were).

So logically it should be appearing as a refund on my account since 20/11/2013.

My question is, what should I expect from here? €300 should cover most of my next two bills. (expecting the next one early January) Will those bills be automatically covered by the deposit? Or will I be required to do something? 

And if they are covered automatically will I receive a statement via post letting me know that they have been covered by it? 

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi elfy4eva,

Thanks for contacting us with this query. If your security deposit is due to be returned, then you can either leave this credit on your account to go towards your usage (the credit will be shown on your invoice which will be sent as normal), or you can request this as a cheque refund.

You do not need to do anything, this is reversed automatically. If you would like us to look into your account for you, or request a cheque refund, please PM us with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address, contact number and confirm that you are the account holder.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Hi elfy4eva,

Thanks for contacting us with this query. If your security deposit is due to be returned, then you can either leave this credit on your account to go towards your usage (the credit will be shown on your invoice which will be sent as normal), or you can request this as a cheque refund.

You do not need to do anything, this is reversed automatically. If you would like us to look into your account for you, or request a cheque refund, please PM us with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address, contact number and confirm that you are the account holder.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Aoife
    Great, thanks for the swift response.

I'd rather leave it on the account to go towards my usage. 
    I just wanted to confirm how the refund process was going 
    to work so I don't get any nasty surprises in the new year.

Thanks again

Advertisement