If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaker Options...Any ideas??

Options
  • 26-11-2013 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi, 
    Just after moving into newly renovated house and looking to figure out options available with regards to home entertainment. Looking into sorting out living room area specifically so any help appreciated.

When wiring house I left three wires out for speakers in three corners of living room, in the other corner is my TV unit. This contains new 46" Samsung LED Smart TV with CAT6 cable and three cables from speakers points fed back to here also. There is an XBox in place also. In the kitchen area I have Sonos Play 3 on Flexson bracket with Bridge in attic where all CAT6 cables return to a standard eircom router.

Pretty clueless with regards options available, budget would be in and around €500. Any ideas????

Regards, 

tyres

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

tyres wrote: »
    Hi, 
    Just after moving into newly renovated house and looking to figure out options available with regards to home entertainment. Looking into sorting out living room area specifically so any help appreciated.

When wiring house I left three wires out for speakers in three corners of living room, in the other corner is my TV unit. This contains new 46" Samsung LED Smart TV with CAT6 cable and three cables from speakers points fed back to here also. There is an XBox in place also. In the kitchen area I have Sonos Play 3 on Flexson bracket with Bridge in attic where all CAT6 cables return to a standard eircom router.

Pretty clueless with regards options available, budget would be in and around €500. Any ideas????

Regards, 

tyres
    Tyres,

thanks for the post! Lots of options, but first the bad news - 3 speakers isn't an ideal number as normally you would have speakers 'paired' - however depending on the location of your cables, you could use these as your rear speakers and add front left / front right and centre in the same corner as your TV?? If this was possibble then you can go for any decent AV Receiver with a 5.1 speaker setup - I'd start looking at systems liek the Yamaha RXV375 with the Yamaha NSP40 5.1 speaker package
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxv375/yama-rxv375-blk

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/yamaha/nsp40/yama-nsp40-blk

This system retails at £399.90 / €489.99 but we can do a Boardie special at just £349.95 / €439.99 - if you wanted to step up the quality - I'd stick to the yamaha RXV375 as its really excellent but I'd add the Tannoy TFX 5.1 speakers, http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-separates-bundle-deals/pah011464 again this normally retails at £499.95 - we can do it at £449.95 / €549.99 - this would allow yuo to connect up lots of sources including your TV / Blu-Ray / XBox etc and they would all benefit from the sound and picture quality enhancement!

Alternatively - if you have already started down the Sonos route  (and you were prepared to bust the budget a little) I'd recommend the Sonos Playbar at £599.95 / €689.99 - this is a really super product and extends your Sonos network as well as being a great Soundbar for your TV!

http://www.richersounds.com/package/speakers/soundbars/pah011573

Thanks again for the enquiry and don't hesitate to drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.