Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning Post #1041

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Kess73 wrote: »
    The latter if rumours are to be believed.

Is that Moyes brother refereeing the Newcastle match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

BBC 5 Live anchorman - and later we'll have commentary from Stoke where, remember, Liverpool have never won in the Premier League era...our man there is Alan Green

Alan Green - ....ok..well I'd just like to remind listeners that football existed before the Premier League era..there was about a century of it :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

jamaamaj wrote: »
    BBC 5 Live anchorman - and later we'll have commentary from Stoke where, remember, Liverpool have never won in the Premier League era...our man there is Alan Green

Alan Green - ....ok..well I'd just like to remind listeners that football existed before the Premier League era..there was about a century of it :cool:

Hehe reminds me of the interview that Rodgers did on Talksport recently.

He was being asked about the new manager of West Brom, and if he knew him. Rodgers said he did and that he had some conversations with the guy in the past when Rodgers was still at Swansea.

The talksport guy (maybe Alan Brazil) then tried to be smart and said something about how it might have been a difficult conversation given the WBA guy speaks no english.

Rodgers then just said something about how he spoke Spanish and the way the interviewer reacted seemed to suggest that the idea of a non English conversation was alien to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Newcastle getting the ugly end of an Unfair Stick.

Tiote's Goal should have stood.

Said it in Newcastle thread but it's the ref who allowed the beach ball goal

Kess73 wrote: »
    Hehe reminds me of the interview that Rodgers did on Talksport recently.

He was being asked about the new manager of West Brom, and if he knew him. Rodgers said he did and that he had some conversations with the guy in the past when Rodgers was still at Swansea.

The talksport guy (maybe Alan Brazil) then tried to be smart and said something about how it might have been a difficult conversation given the WBA guy speaks no english.

Rodgers then just said something about how he spoke Spanish and the way the interviewer reacted seemed to suggest that the idea of a non English conversation was alien to him.

Yep that was him, Was listening to that interview friday on talksh*t,
    Rodgers put Brazil right in his place in a nice way,
    With his Belfast Spanish :D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

This place has gone pretty flat.

Time to perk things up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Napoli supposed to have signed M'Vila from Rubin according to the mirror:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Agueroooo wrote: »
    This place has gone pretty flat.

Time to perk things up.

Link not working.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Link not working.

Remove the + at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Mon Reds.

Travelling supporters sound lively :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Seriously, two ex Reds and they both score. :mad:

Also seriously I'll drive Johnson to another club myself, he isn't throwing a leg.

Also also seriously someone give Coutinho some shooting lessons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Is this really happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ruddock used to pour water over himself if he was left unsupervised in the exercise room . He would sit and eat a bacon sandwich while reading a paper . Instead of trying to get the weight down .

He was my favourite player at the time. Can't stand him now, he's an absolute clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

About 37 minutes into the game and Gerrard, Lucas and I think Coutinho were passing the ball to themselves at the half way line under no pressure at all and then Gerrard decides to pass it up the field to Sterling who loses the ball. Just so stupid. Our inability to keep possession is incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Our inability to keep possession is incredible.

We are able to until someone gets a rush of blood to the head and takes an unnecessary risk.

Lack of patience ultimately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Sorting out the defence should be the number 1 priority in the summer. Johnson & Skrtel are awful and Toure is well past it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

trust us to be the only team in the top 7 to give other fans something to cheer about

talk about a soft underbelly, we give away some amount of leads

second 45 minutes will tell us a lot about this team - I predict plenty of missed chances and it to finish 2-2

really really poor when the pressure is on, to get a champions league place we really need to deliver when it counts and today is the day

let's break the habit of a lifetime and show some bottle and turn it around

Time to put Gerrard out to grass, we all know it. Some of us have known it for a couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

ahh monday meltdown has begun early then....

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

The 1 - 2 midfield with Lucas as part of the 2 is awful, he really cant play CM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

donfers wrote: »
    trust us to be the only team in the top 7 to give other fans something to cheer about

talk about a soft underbelly, we give away some amount of leads

second 45 minutes will tell us a lot about this team - I predict plenty of missed chances and it to finish 2-2

really really poor when the pressure is on, to get a champions league place we really need to deliver when it counts and today is the day

let's break the habit of a lifetime and show some bottle and turn it around

United and sPurs were both drawing at half time as well????

calm down mate

naughtb4 wrote: »
    United and sPurs were both drawing at half time as well????

calm down mate

they certainly didn't blow 2-0 leads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

this is why i hate stoke away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

SAS :cool:

Turns out these exotic Johnny Foreigner types can score a goal on cold wet night at the Britannia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

mike65 wrote: »
    Turns out these exotic Johnny Foreigner types can score a goal on cold wet night at the Britannia.

turns out they rather enjoy a cold rainy night at Stoke

it's been a bit of strange game

We need new centre backs. Skrtel and Toure aren't good enough. Agger is too injury prone and probably on the way out anyway and Sahko is too early to judge.

Worst win of the season.

Liverpool have to score 5 just to be vaguely comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

What a Game!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I need a drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Worst win of the season.

feck it a win is a win

take the 3 points move on to next week

enjoy the fact we score 5 on the road again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

5 out of 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Worst win of the season.

Even at 5-3 I was terrified

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Highs and lows and hights of 90 minutes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Lads I am knackered after that.

What a game but bloody hell....Sturridge and Suarez. What can you say about those two!?:D:D:D

Back in the warm glow of top 4! Big result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Talk about a Jekyll and Hyde performance. Sweat pouring off me and I didn't leave the chair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

What a crazy crazy game that. Not a great performance but when you score 5 away at the britania i cant complain.

Defence a shambles though, toure and skrtel were crap today and were crap v hull too, avoid that partnership at all costs.

It's on

And you can't turn the sh*t off

It's on motherpuckers :D

YNWA

Worst win of the season.

and we weren't even that

defense an absolute shambles - every ball into the box a chance in the last 20 minutes and mignolet with another howler

8 of the last 9 away games we have conceded 2 or more which is a really eye-opening statistic

back four and whoever is the holding midfielder(s) just not up to the task - we can't rely on suarez and sturridge to bail us out by scoring bucketloads in every game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Another thread well done won from Super-Rush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Vicxas wrote: »
    Even at 5-3 I was terrified

Same here, watching it behind my hands for the last five minutes
    minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

and we weren't even that

defense an absolute shambles - every ball into the box a chance in the last 20 minutes and mignolet with another howler

8 of the last 9 away games we have conceded 2 or more which is a really eye-opening statistic

back four and whoever is the holding midfielder(s) just not up to the task - we can't rely on suarez and sturridge to bail us out by scoring bucketloads in every game

Mah - playign crap scor 5 goals. I'll take that for evey game til the end of the season.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Deadly win that. After all the results going against us and dropping down to sixth, going away to Stoke and winning is great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Clean sheets are overrated anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

and we weren't even that

He did make three good saves as well to be fair.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Sooooo not good for the hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

My heart can't take this chit! I guess it must be the BR way , fck defending let's just outscore them! Absolute rollercoaster of a match feel like I went 12 rounds with Mike Tyson!

I'm sure we will take the performance apart, I think it was pretty bad tbh, doesn't matter a jot though, delighted with the win and keeps us rolling nicely into the Villa game.

Oh and welcome back Danny boy, superb cameo, you have been sorely missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

and we weren't even that

What?!!

The only one Saveable was Walter's Goal, and even I can't fault him for that, since it went through Toure's Legs.

He also made 2 Good Saves, including one against Gerrard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

A great result lads, deep down we all knew we could do it.

Stevie is a liability, the midfield are waiting for him when he plays. Suarez must be the best striker in the world this season. How many goals will he get this season? 35? 40?

I am impressed with Sterling too. The lad has come on a lot in the last few games. Cou seems to be going backwards a bit. He has to beef up and get some lead in his shoes to practice some shooting in the training ground.

God I love this team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Great win. Delighted with it.

Can't help but can't help feel we need to stop shipping goals if we want to grab that top 4 spot though. Conceding 2 or more goals in of our last 9 away matches? That's a shocking stat.

Another howler from Mignolet is not good.

Sterling is playing very well which is great to see.

Suarez is just unbelievable.

Coutinho needs to learn to finish in order to be a genuine top player IMO.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement