Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I sent a pin number letter to a wrong address

Options
  • 26-11-2013 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi, I've got online banking pin number from bank of Ireland, but I forgot about it in my head. I typed wrong password online when I tried to pay by visa/debit card days ago.
    So, It's locked. How can I unlock it online ? I tried to call 365 call service to speak to a Customer Service Agent over 30 times they were busy.

There is one more question. I wanted to verify online banking, but I misunderstood the procedure so I sent a pin number letter to a wrong address again.
    My question is.. is it the same pin number as the one I have now? I didn't change it since I've got it first.  Plus, If a letter comes to the wrong address, the occupants could open and see it. Can I change my pin number again and if I can, do u send it by post ?
    I'm travelling tomorrow and will be back in a month. Unfortunately, I can't call to Ireland and can't collect a letter for a little while. I need to verify online banking very soon. 

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

mango92 wrote: »
    Hi, I've got online banking pin number from bank of Ireland, but I forgot about it in my head. I typed wrong password online when I tried to pay by visa/debit card days ago.
    So, It's locked. How can I unlock it online ? I tried to call 365 call service to speak to a Customer Service Agent over 30 times they were busy.

There is one more question. I wanted to verify online banking, but I misunderstood the procedure so I sent a pin number letter to a wrong address again.
    My question is.. is it the same pin number as the one I have now? I didn't change it since I've got it first.  Plus, If a letter comes to the wrong address, the occupants could open and see it. Can I change my pin number again and if I can, do u send it by post ?
    I'm travelling tomorrow and will be back in a month. Unfortunately, I can't call to Ireland and can't collect a letter for a little while. I need to verify online banking very soon. 

Thank you.
    Hi mango92,

Apologies for the delay you have experienced.

If you are referring to your 'Verified by Visa' password you need to contact Bank of Ireland 365 directly on 0818365365/0035314044000 and select option 6 and then option 2.  This will put you through to a representative who can unlock your password.

If you blocked your Bank of Ireland 365 pin and had it reissued, it will be a new six digit pin that is sent out.  If you contact Bank of Ireland 365 directly on these numbers, and select the * key a representative will be happy to assist you.  They can block the pin if needs be. 

If you are no longer living at the address that is registered on your account, you should change it to your current address as soon as possible.  Please see here on how you can change your address.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mango92

Thank you.
    Hi mango92,

If you are referring to your 'Verified by Visa' password you need to contact Bank of Ireland 365 directly on 0818365365/0035314044000 and select option 6 and then option 2.  This will put you through to a representative who can unlock your password.

If you blocked your Bank of Ireland 365 pin and had it reissued, it will be a new six digit pin that is sent out.  If you contact Bank of Ireland 365 directly on these numbers, and select the * key a representative will be happy to assist you.  They can block the pin if needs be. 

If you are no longer living at the address that is registered on your account, you should change it to your current address as soon as possible.  Please see here on how you can change your address.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Seán
    Are there any problems when I take out money or pay by debit card abroad if I don't unlock my verified by visa? and 
    verified by visa password is different from online banking password? 

Thank you for your reply.

Thank you.
    Hi mango92,

Hope this helps.

Regards

Seán
    Are there any problems when I take out money or pay by debit card abroad if I don't unlock my verified by visa? and 

Hi mango92,

If you blocked your 'Verified by Visa' password it will only stop you from using your card online with a retailer who uses 'Verified by Visa'.  You should still be able to use it at ATMs and point of sale.

Your 'Verified by Visa' and Bank of Ireland 365 online details are completely separate.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mango92

Thank you.
    Hi mango92,

Hope this helps.

Regards

Seán

Hi mango92,

If you blocked your 'Verified by Visa' password it will only stop you from using your card online with a retailer who uses 'Verified by Visa'.  You should still be able to use it at ATMs and point of sale.

Your 'Verified by Visa' and Bank of Ireland 365 online details are completely separate.

Thanks

Seán
    Thank you for your big help! 
    Do you charge when I take out money at any ATMs in Turkey? 
    Is free money withdrawal only in European Union? or just in Europe? 

Thanks.

Thank you.
    Hi mango92,

Hope this helps.

Regards

Seán

Hi mango92,

Thanks

Seán
    Thank you for your big help! 
    Do you charge when I take out money at any ATMs in Turkey? 
    Is free money withdrawal only in European Union? or just in Europe? 

Thanks.
    Hi mango92,

You're very welcome, we're happy to help in any way we can.

Normal transaction fees apply when you take out Euro in countries within the EU and EEA.  If you withdraw other currencies you will receive cross border handling fees.  Please see here for the charges for using your Visa Debit card abroad.

Thanks

Seán

• Advertisement
Advertisement