Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone say No Fibre, Eircom sales men say Yes

• 26-11-2013 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

Bit of a weird one...

My number comes through as Fibre broadband enabled, so I put an order in start of Novebmer. It was then rejected because its not available... Fine it's not available even when it says it is. However the issue is that two Eircom sales people called on my door on Friday saying my exchange is enabled and were ready to switch me to Eircom...

I was under the impression that if an exchange is enabled its enabled for eircom and the rest of the resellers? Eircom sales men are going around poaching other bitstream customers saying "there are only a limited amount of ports and Eircom own the infrastructure so *hint hint nudge nudge*"

This would suggest Eircom have an unfair advantage?

I called vodafone support to see if anything had changed their end and was told again "not available".

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Same thing happened to me. Magnet said no, eircom said yes. Long story short Magnet were correct, had a terrible experience with eircom. No connection for weeks and then when finally we were connected they said it actually wasn't available. So my advice is avoid eircom like the plague e. In my experience, the sales team will tell you something to just get you signed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

OP, you have PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

never trust a sales guy. they only want the sale to meet a target. they dont care about the customer. this applies to all sales people ive ever dealt with

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

never trust a sales guy. they only want the sale to meet a target. they dont care about the customer. this applies to all sales people ive ever dealt with

And if the sale is cancelled, or cannot be processed, they don't hit the target. If they sign someone up for fibre and its not fibre eligible, they are given warnings and if it keeps happening, there shown the door.

Eircom Sales reps check the fibre checker on the website. Just because an exchange is enabled, does not mean your house is. Even if your neighbours are, doesn't mean your house is.

If you type in your address in the fibre checker and its showing as OK, then 99% you are good to go.

Advertisement