Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone can explaine my strange dream?

• 26-11-2013 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

a couple close to me is trying for a baby. They have had several tries of ivf in the last few years.
    I was aware that they were having one last go last Thursday. The following Wednesday woke in the middle of the night after a very disturbing dream. I was having a perfectly normal dream (cant remember, think I was in the supermarket or talking to someone) this was a totally unrelated dream to those people when I (in my dream) I got a text message from the lady who had the ivf it said something like "gubby, please say a prayer for me" I woke up with the shock of it and worried that the ivf had not worked or that something had happened to her. When I spoke to her she told me that she started to bleed on Thursday morning.

I wonder why I had this dream as I never had a dream any of the other times they went for this procedure.
    I would love to know why I had this dream

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

ok anyone know where I could find out what this dream meant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭AerynSun

There are lots of different theories about what dreams mean and how to find that out. The best advice and learning that I've had for working with my own dreams, is that I'm the only person who can really understand and interpret the symbolism in my own dreams. Each of us attaches different meanings to things, so your best bet is to try and figure out what the symbols in your dream mean to you, and make sense of what feelings came up for you in the dream.

Anyway... that said, maybe your spirit had a sense that your friend needed positive energy flowing her way, and that 'say a prayer' message was her spirit's way of reaching out and calling for spiritual help. Whatever happens in the long term with their attempts to get pregnant... maybe she just needs whatever love and support you can give her at this time.

Strength to you and her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭AerynSun

Oh, and p.s. - this is a GREAT resource for looking up generalised dream images that can help you sift through what your dreams might or might not mean for you:

http://www.dreammoods.com/

It has some general resources, but the Dream Dictionary is one of my favourit go-to guides, I've been dipping into it for about six years now, and it always offers some useful perspectives and ideas that aid my thinking about my dreams. I hope it helps you too!

Advertisement