Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - Issues / Problem thread

Options
  • 26-11-2013 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi all,

Perhaps we could have one thread which lists some basic problems users are experiencing. Any tips to resolve would be most welcome.

Issues I have experienced:

1 - XBMC running on an Intel NUC passed through the Xbox One does not work correctly. Major performance issues on Windows 8 itself (freezing, lagging, crashing, crashing when attempting to connect to drives) . If XBMC does start up video content will not play - selecting a video file causes XBMC to completely crash.

2 - "Xbox On" / "Xbox off" - My TV and soundbar would get out of sync with the xbox resulting in infuriating half the devices on or off. It got so problematic I removed the Sky Decoder from the input and turned off the ability to power off devices via voice..

Anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Coconut Joe

Strange one this - My setup is a UPC Cisco modem in bridge mode with wired connection to Belkin router. My One is wired to the Belkin with relevant ports forwarded and NAT shows as open. All machines set to discoverable my Windows 8.1 laptop and Surface RT (both wireless) can see my TV, NAS, Windows Home Server, 2 media centers etc. (all wired) but not my Xbox One. Really want to use Play To from the Windows 8 machines to the Xbox One but can't find it to add it to the device list - however Smartglass from both (and my phone) work.

Anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Hi all,

Perhaps we could have one thread which lists some basic problems users are experiencing. Any tips to resolve would be most welcome.

Issues I have experienced:

1 - XBMC running on an Intel NUC passed through the Xbox One does not work correctly. Major performance issues on Windows 8 itself (freezing, lagging, crashing, crashing when attempting to connect to drives) . If XBMC does start up video content will not play - selecting a video file causes XBMC to completely crash.

2 - "Xbox On" / "Xbox off" - My TV and soundbar would get out of sync with the xbox resulting in infuriating half the devices on or off. It got so problematic I removed the Sky Decoder from the input and turned off the ability to power off devices via voice..

Anything else?

I have The MYGica 510B with Linux XBMC running through the xbox one with no issues so far, I have been using it since Sat without issue, it's very handy I have to say.
    XBOX ON usually works no problem for me but on one occasion, when I said it, nothing happened, when I checked with the TV remote, it had changed to a different input which I never have it on, when I changed back to the correct one, it just turned on without me saying anything. it was very odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

The controller I got with my XB1 on Saturday was faulty, Gamestop wouldn't change it and told me I had to go thru Microsoft.
    Had to register post it to the repair centre in the Czech Republic costing me 9.60 and now wait probably 2weeks now to get a replacement. Pretty disapointed with Microsoft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Superfint wrote: »
    The controller I got with my XB1 on Saturday was faulty, Gamestop wouldn't change it and told me I had to go thru Microsoft.
    Had to register post it to the repair centre in the Czech Republic costing me 9.60 and now wait probably 2weeks now to get a replacement. Pretty disapointed with Microsoft.

Is that not wrong, & that your contract is with GS? Repair, replacement, refund etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I thought MS sent out a prepaid box and that was it.
    There was even some talk of them just taking your word for it and sending a new ONE out whose box you then used to send the broken one back.

• Advertisement

No they will sent to get it collected if its the console or kinect thats faulty, all other parts you have to post yourself.
    I know the manager in gamestop, I worked in XV 8 years with him & hes more or less my brother inlaw & I he said it had to be via Microsoft. I could only push him so much,if he could he would have swapped it & I know too well his situation/role so went ahead contacting Microsoft.

Talked on livechat for an hour & Twitter page too ( @xboxsupport) and whilst they understood my anger & sympathetic, they couldn't help out or find another way around it,not even money back for posting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭husky7

had the exact same problem Lb button on controller broken , charged the same to send it for replacement , ended up having to buy another controller or wait a couple of weeks to play x1 , very disappointed with Microsoft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow their policy has changed, got my slim 2 years ago and the controller was pulling left ever so slightly, sent me a link to arrange a UPS pick up. Had the option of waiting for a box to be sent too to put it in.

No way you should have to put your own pocket, surely this falls under the category of warranty replacement :confused:

@Superfint, strictly speaking under the law (I'm not an expert as you know) but you gave gamestop your money so your contract is with them not MS, it's faster to go though MS though :(

Edit: I'd also be looking at having that charge known about on what ever gaming sites will listen,

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭husky7

calex71 wrote: »
    Wow their policy has changed, got my slim 2 years ago and the controller was pulling left ever so slightly, sent me a link to arrange a UPS pick up. Had the option of waiting for a box to be sent too to put it in.

No way you should have to put your own pocket, surely this falls under the category of warranty replacement :confused:

I have contacted Microsoft a couple of different times and all they said is that its their policy that accessories are not covered for shipment , and although they understand the situation there's nothing they can do .
    Have been an Xbox customer since their first console and am pretty much regretting buying

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hursty1886

Any body else have a slightly jammed "A" button? Dont know if its because the controller so new and stiff or because its actually faulty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

No they will sent to get it collected if its the console or kinect thats faulty, all other parts you have to post yourself.
    I know the manager in gamestop, I worked in XV 8 years with him & hes more or less my brother inlaw & I he said it had to be via Microsoft. I could only push him so much,if he could he would have swapped it & I know too well his situation/role so went ahead contacting Microsoft.

Talked on livechat for an hour & Twitter page too ( @xboxsupport) and whilst they understood my anger & sympathetic, they couldn't help out or find another way around it,not even money back for posting it!

Does this same stupid policy apply to controllers bought separately?

I dont think so Bush, well past 28 days the shop wouldnt exchange it I'd say & the only option would be to send to Microsoft for a repair/replacement. But within the 28 days with a receipt they'd have to change it really.
    I Bought a 2nd controller but my faulty one had "Day One Edition" on it so couldnt stick it in the box for my 2nd controller & exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Xbox One wont play BD-R and DVD-9 disks. So anything that was written onto a blank blu-ray disk or a blank dual layer DVD wont play. I wonder was this done on purpose to stop movie piracy? But it affects me as I'm a wedding video producer and use those formats to deliver weddings. Am I going to start getting complaints from customers that my disks "don't work" because the Xbox One wont play them?

Doubt this will get much attention. Not many will notice.

On a side note, PS3 and PS4 play these disks flawlessly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Did anyone have any trouble plugging in the headset into the pad? Mine doesnt seem to fit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

Gamestop should be taking back faulty items and replacing them. That's their own policy and has no basis in law, under consumer law, if you are supplied with an item of non merchantable condition you are entitled to a refund, replacement or repair. If the time to repair is unreasonable you have the right to refuse it.

Anyway, I got a second controller from smyths in naas, it was making a funny sound when i pulled the trigger, a high pitched whining, like the motor was loose or out of alignment, brought it back an they exchanged it then and there.

So I bought battlefield 4 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Coconut Joe

Strange one this - My setup is a UPC Cisco modem in bridge mode with wired connection to Belkin router. My One is wired to the Belkin with relevant ports forwarded and NAT shows as open. All machines set to discoverable my Windows 8.1 laptop and Surface RT (both wireless) can see my TV, NAS, Windows Home Server, 2 media centers etc. (all wired) but not my Xbox One. Really want to use Play To from the Windows 8 machines to the Xbox One but can't find it to add it to the device list - however Smartglass from both (and my phone) work.

Anyone got any ideas?

Got this sorted. If anyone else has similar issue you need to use Xbox music to initiate Play To the first time (Xbox Video may work too). Once you do it once this way all my devices could see it and I could send from any metro app that supports it.

Advertisement