Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Beers Friday December 13, 9pm

Options
  • 26-11-2013 3:49pm

It's just a matter of weeks till Christmas, so it's about time that we organised the annual beers. Thinking the 13th would be the beet as a lot of people wont be around the weekend after due to the closeness to Christmas day. Like last year the plan is to meet up at the beer tent around 9 and have one there before heading elsewhere. Think somewhere like the Salthouse would be a nice change of pace from the usual haunts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

It's just a matter of weeks till Christmas, so it's about time that we organised the annual beers. Thinking the 13th would be the beet as a lot of people wont be around the weekend after due to the closeness to Christmas day. Like last year the plan is to meet up at the beer tent around 9 and have one there before heading elsewhere. Think somewhere like the Salthouse would be a nice change of pace from the usual haunts.

a blood bath - they way people treat each other on here I can't believe ye want to meet up face to face.....:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Stickied, cause it's beer.... Yaaaaaay!!!

For the sake of peace, everyone please walk there... if we see a bicycle saddle or car keys in your hand, you will be maimed, sold, and then inadvertently eaten under the guise of a 'Kangaroo Burger'. :pac:

If anyone has any issue with the date, make it known early. Looking at the time frame and the 13th seemed the best bet. The Saturday is an option too but generally a Friday gets the best attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Friday 13th sounds good.
    Beer tent yay \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Friday the 13th, what could go wrong?

I'd be up for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 BelgradeGirl

Just to find a beer tent and i'm with you guys. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Aww, I've never been to a boards beers (yet) but I've another Xmas thing on that night (I suspect a lot of office/works parties will be on that night). Oh well, next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

I should be able to make this one, missed last one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Im off so ill attend! If you fancy finger food etc after/before, can do some for free in the Skeff for you boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Two other Chrissy do's to attend that night :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Unable to attend probably, but would encourage anyone who is on the fence to definitely go. Great fun the few times I went. Too much fun one of the times... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I haz a christmas do that night. :(

Im off so ill attend! If you fancy finger food etc after/before, can do some for free in the Skeff for you boardsies.
    That sounds brilliant.

Maybe some finger food in Skeff once the tent closes?
    Thank this post if you agree so Carpo knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What time does the tent close at? I shall be at a christmas party but I will try pop over for an hour at some point, in ma fanceh frock! :pac:

10pm

The plan is to meet at the tent around 9. That way everyone has an hour or two after work and then we can have a beer in the tent and then head off wherever. I think O'Connolls is usually popular for one or two but if there's food in the Skeff then that's even better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Might be up for this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Ill book finger food for 25 anyway. If you dont come, its not the end of the world!

I'm already double booked that day unfortunately.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ok, I should be good to go to this. If I'm there, I'll be a chap with long hair, piercings, and a band t-shirt that's either somewhat offensive or borderline illegible (probably).

• Advertisement

Sound, we usually have some sort of decoration on the table for people to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

go for the offensive one Angron why not!
    Ah I might show my face after ye get out of the dreaded bierzelt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Ill be there if i have work off on Sat <3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Half-thinking of booking Kinlay House. Christ I wish I was still living in Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

sounds like a great night out! im new enough to boards so would really "know" anyone but maybe next year ! im shy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Timmy will you be bringing sweets this time if you come too?
    shot2go wrote: »
    sounds like a great night out! im new enough to boards so would really "know" anyone but maybe next year ! im shy

You should come, why wait a year take the plunge now :) this will be my first galway city beers if I end up going

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

shot2go wrote: »

come come come!

I know sweet feck all aswell - never been to the Galway Beers, just the AH Beers that happened to be in Galway (which couple of the Galway Beers crew went too)

I know it is kinda daunting as you have images of going to it and
    a) not knowing where everyone is and sitting on your own
    b) finding the gang but they all knowing eachother and you sitting there like a spanner

it not like either! we're a welcoming bunch of alcohol loving swine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

think I might go to this.

I've been to a few beers with folks from boards, and they've all been great fun :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I think I'll pop down for one, have two other bleeding events on that evening but I can make it to the Bierzelt for one, talk the ear off some unlucky boardsie and then head on back to the other party!

Advertisement