Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good recruitment agencies for contractors to deal with

Options
  • 26-11-2013 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I've just moved over to Ireland and I'd like to continue doing contract web development work.

I worked as a web developer for various brand/marketing/web agencies in the UK for a number of years and this is how I made most of my contacts. However, in a new city it's obviously quite hard to get your foot in the door so I thought that perhaps a recruitment agency would be a good idea... at least at first.

Can anyone in a similar situation (i.e. contracting in a similar field) recommend any reputable ones that I should get in touch with?

Many thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

Hi mrbubbles, I know this is an old thread but bumping as I am interested in this query too. Hope you managed to find some good agencies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

SoapFan27 wrote: »
    Hi mrbubbles, I know this is an old thread but bumping as I am interested in this query too. Hope you managed to find some good agencies!

I'm an IT contractor myself, best agencies that I have dealt with are CPL and Brightwater, they pay the going rates and always have a lot of roles on their books. Also you always get paid on time with these two which unfortunately I cannot say about some of the smaller agencies. Harvey Nash are good too but I only contracted with them for a short period.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

I'm an IT contractor myself, best agencies that I have dealt with are CPL and Brightwater, they pay the going rates and always have a lot of roles on their books. Also you always get paid on time with these two which unfortunately I cannot say about some of the smaller agencies. Harvey Nash are good too but I only contracted with them for a short period.

Thank you very much for replying, really appreciate it. Great to have some feedback based on others' experiences.

Advertisement