Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Store - Black Friday this Friday

• 26-11-2013 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone is going to buy any products on the apple store this Friday the 1st of December. They have advertised "black friday discounts" on their Irish website apple.ie.

However,
    I can't find what kind of discounts are available yet, I believe we will have to wait till this Friday to find out. I think they are discounting the Ipad Air by 41$ in the USA so maybe/hopefully they might discount 41 euro on the Ipad Air in Ireland. I plan on buying the Ipad Air 32GB on the apple store this Friday.Also I believe the discounts are only available online, not in-store.

Anyone have any idea what kind of discounts will be available?Anyone planning to buy this Friday?

Regards

Dungo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I'm on the hunt for a mini and can use both UK and Ireland stores. Fingers crossed...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Getting the iPad Air.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dungo

3DataModem wrote: »
    I'm on the hunt for a mini and can use both UK and Ireland stores. Fingers crossed...!

I read on various articles that the new ipad mini with retina display and the old ipad mini may not be discounted but here's hoping that they are wrong!:)

dungo wrote: »
    I read on various articles that the new ipad mini with retina display and the old ipad mini may not be discounted but here's hoping that they are wrong!:)

No refurbs available either. Prob get one in Gatwick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭joostl

i got an ipad4 last year on the black friday deal. I think it was €50,- off

• Advertisement

Australian store is up.

iPad Mini is the same price, but you get a $50 AUD voucher with a $350 iPad.

So if this sort of thing is applied worldwide, could be looking at £20/€25 voucher for an entry-level iPad mini.

The iPad air garners a $75 AUD voucher (all models).

So it seems the effective discount is slightly better for the entry level models in % terms.

T+C

"*The Apple Store Gift Card promotion is available only for purchases made from 12:01 am on 29 November 2013 to 11:59 pm on 29 November 2013 AEDT at Apple Retail Stores and the Apple Online Store. This promotion is available to end-users only and is not available to distributors, dealers or resellers. Apple reserves the right to change or cancel this promotion at any time. Pricing includes GST. This promotion is valid while supplies last; substitutions and rain checks are not allowed. This promotion cannot be combined with other offers. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Pigsback had a special offer on cashback last year for black friday. I got 35 euro back on my ipad purchase. Check out cashback sites in case there are any other good deals.

Gift cards....I can't decide if this is going to stop me buying online tonight or wether Im gonna ditch that plan and buy from currys. Currys has a 50 euro cash back deal on ipad air which ends on wed the 4th of December.

Moneywise its cheapest to buy from Currys:

Currys: Ipad Air 32GB = 579 - 50 euro cashback= 529 total. (although you only get cashback like a month later)

Apple store = Ipad Air 32GB = 579 = total 579! plus you get the 50 euro gift card which isn't technically money.

Pros of buying from apple store tonight:
    50 euro giftcard (approx 75 aus dollars)
    We have until 6th of Jan to return in no questions asked I believe as apple has their "holidays return policy".

Cons: No money off

Pros of buying from Currys:
    You eventually will get that 50 euro back in your bank account.

Cons:
    It looks like alot of effort to get that money back.
    You only have 21 days to return the product for refund or exchange.

Also if u buy from Currys, you have to wait 3 weeks to send in an application for cashback with all your bank details and stuff and then wait for them to reimburse you. I feel that it is way less hassle to just buy from apple, just a simple one off transaction. You get your Ipad plus your gift card is emailed to your billing e-mail address.

What are people opinions on this?Still going to buy tonight/2moro or has this gift card malarky made you forget black friday?

I think I'm still going to buy on the apple store and get that free gift card. Ipad Air 32 Gb , no engraving, + already bought my case on Amazon, apple can feck off if they think im gonna buy a 100 euro case!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

dungo wrote: »
    Gift cards....I can't decide if this is going to stop me buying online tonight or wether Im gonna ditch that plan and buy from currys. Currys has a 50 euro cash back deal on ipad air which ends on wed the 4th of December.

Moneywise its cheapest to buy from Currys:

Currys: Ipad Air 32GB = 579 - 50 euro cashback= 529 total. (although you only get cashback like a month later)

Apple store = Ipad Air 32GB = 579 = total 579! plus you get the 50 euro gift card which isn't technically money.

Pros of buying from apple store tonight:
    50 euro giftcard (approx 75 aus dollars)
    We have until 6th of Jan to return in no questions asked I believe as apple has their "holidays return policy".

Cons: No money off

Pros of buying from Currys:
    You eventually will get that 50 euro back in your bank account.

Cons:
    It looks like alot of effort to get that money back.
    You only have 21 days to return the product for refund or exchange.

Also if u buy from Currys, you have to wait 3 weeks to send in an application for cashback with all your bank details and stuff and then wait for them to reimburse you. I feel that it is way less hassle to just buy from apple, just a simple one off transaction. You get your Ipad plus your gift card is emailed to your billing e-mail address.

What are people opinions on this?Still going to buy tonight/2moro or has this gift card malarky made you forget black friday?

I think I'm still going to buy on the apple store and get that free gift card. Ipad Air 32 Gb , no engraving, + already bought my case on Amazon, apple can feck off if they think im gonna buy a 100 euro case!!

€30 back on an iPad, not €50. Staff in PCW explained that the resin they leave it 21 days before you can claim, is to stop people returning them within 21 days, and claiming as well.

Guys there are big discount on ipads, no gift cards just dicounts!!!yeeeeehaaawww!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Just bought ipad air 16gb 454.01 euros. Nice. Dispatch in 7 days

Spipov wrote: »
    Just bought ipad air 16gb 454.01 euros. Nice. Dispatch in 7 days

Just bought Ipad Air space grey 32 gb...45 euro discount..was 579..bought for 534...Damn they are serious discounts!So glad they didn't screw us with the gift card ideas!!Who else bought what?Im a happy man:)

32GB Space Grey Ipad Air ordered.

Great success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Bought my Air last week, raging.

Was hoping to get a mini for the missus for Xmas but no reduction, fml.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just ordered the 32GB Space Grey iPad Air, ship time 2-3 weeks. Big difference from earlier today. Only issue is I hope I get it before Christmas, otherwise i'd be unhappy. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

DubDJ wrote: »
    Just ordered the 32GB Space Grey iPad Air, ship time 2-3 weeks. Big difference from earlier today. Only issue is I hope I get it before Christmas, otherwise i'd be unhappy. :P

I ordered a 64GB Space Grey iPad Air early this morning with a ship time of 5-7days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

scart wrote: »
    I ordered a 64GB Space Grey iPad Air early this morning with a ship time of 5-7days

Ditto.... Exactly... Except also availed of the 2% off using the fat cheese link

Damn you black Friday and your deals

(I've been planning on replacing my iPad 1 for a while now, so not all bad)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fade out

Took the plunge and got an 2tb time capsule

Despite my 2-3 weeks shipping estimate I just got a notification that my iPad has already shipped. Less than 24 hours after I ordered. Very strange, but great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Despite my 2-3 weeks shipping estimate I just got a notification that my iPad has already shipped. Less than 24 hours after I ordered. Very strange, but great!

Same here. Delighted as I was worried it wouldn't get here before Christmas. I now have an estimated delivery date of 04/12 :)

• Advertisement

Dave6195 wrote: »
    Same here. Delighted as I was worried it wouldn't get here before Christmas. I now have an estimated delivery date of 04/12 :)

My one still has the old 18th - 27th December date that I originally had. Although it's already shipped and I'll probably have it on Monday or Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

My one still has the old 18th - 27th December date that I originally had. Although it's already shipped and I'll probably have it on Monday or Tuesday.

Checking the website it still has the original delivery date for me too. The shipment email I received says 04/12.

Hmmm that's weird. Mine is still processing and I ordered it just after 12 on Friday morning.

Keno wrote: »
    Hmmm that's weird. Mine is still processing and I ordered it just after 12 on Friday morning.

What model did you order? Minutes after I ordered mine it went to preparing for shipment. I thought it would of stayed like that for three weeks or so but shipped a few hours later.

What model did you order? Minutes after I ordered mine it went to preparing for shipment. I thought it would of stayed like that for three weeks or so but shipped a few hours later.

32GB Space Grey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

After Black Friday I think Apple are being extra cautious as their stock levels are probably all over the place.

Some difference in "Expect it in 3 weeks" to its arriving in 3 days though!

Keno wrote: »
    32GB Space Grey.

Very strange, you ordered even before me when it had the better ship time of 5-7 days and it's the exact same model I ordered. Although I remember in the past a similar thing happened where I ordered before others and got stuff shipped a day or two after them. So keep your eyes peeled on your order status. Has it changed to preparing for dispatch yet?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Available here for €459 too.

http://m.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/gg-ask-electronics-ltd-58/30444168

Might be able to use fat cheese or similar for cash back.

Very strange, you ordered even before me when it had the better ship time of 5-7 days and it's the exact same model I ordered. Although I remember in the past a similar thing happened where I ordered before others and got stuff shipped a day or two after them. So keep your eyes peeled on your order status. Has it changed to preparing for dispatch yet?

Nope. It is still 'Processing Items'.

• Advertisement

It has shipped! :)

Advertisement