Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Store - Black Friday this Friday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Keno wrote: »
    It has shipped! :)

Mine too

Originally delivery date of the 5th.... Moved forward to tomorrow.

However the UPS tracking number is still showing it in the UK midlands.

I hope it does arrive. My hopes are up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

ads20101 wrote: »
    Mine too

Originally delivery date of the 5th.... Moved forward to tomorrow.

However the UPS tracking number is still showing it in the UK midlands.

I hope it does arrive. My hopes are up

I had the 2-3 week estimate and it shipped Saturday. Mine is still in the UK. So those that had theirs shipped today will probably arrive tomorrow too with mine. Mine is expected to be delivered tomorrow going by UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

hmm. ordered at 1 am black friday. still due on 12th december.

some have the luck!

Spipov wrote: »
    hmm. ordered at 1 am black friday. still due on 12th december.

some have the luck!

It will depend on what model you ordered but it seems like it's a very random draw as to who get's theirs. It's strange though as usually Apple would ship first come first serve but this is just one of those odd times.

DubDJ wrote: »
    It will depend on what model you ordered but it seems like it's a very random draw as to who get's theirs. It's strange though as usually Apple would ship first come first serve but this is just one of those odd times.

Hah! Me and my mouth. Its shipped due 4th

• Advertisement

Hah! Me and my mouth. Its shipped due 4th

Does the UPS page or the Apple page say the 4th? For me the Apple details give me the 4th but the UPS tracking actually says tomorrow. So the UPS is the one to go by.

My status just changed to export scan. It's still in Castle Donington since Saturday when it shipped but it's now changed to export scan as of 21.38.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

My status just changed to export scan. It's still in Castle Donington since Saturday when it shipped but it's now changed to export scan as of 21.38.

same here, ours must be in the same shipment!

Dave6195 wrote: »
    same here, ours must be in the same shipment!

Castle Donnington, United Kingdom 02/12/2013 22:54 Departure Scan

Castle Donnington, United Kingdom 02/12/2013 22:54 Departure Scan

Yup, same here. Anybody who has the same should expect their delivery tomorrow, or at the very latest Wednesday. I'll have mine tomorrow for sure.

• Advertisement

Mine has arrived in Germany. So looks like its on track for delivery tomorrow. As long as there's no delay in Germany. It's happened to me before if I remember correctly.

Yep, mine too.

Arrived in cologne!!!!!!

Seriously!!!!!

Shipment Progress
    Location Date Local Time Activity
    Koeln, Germany 12/03/2013 4:22 A.M. Departure Scan
    12/03/2013 1:10 A.M. Arrival Scan

Arrived in Dublin as of 5:18am.

I think we are in the same shipment.

Mine was scanned into Dublin at 5:16. Left Dublin at 6:02 and arrived in Shannon at 6:45.

So, they're not using roads then.

(either that or my wife is driving for them!!)

Mine is still in Dublin as I'm living there, and it's also received the destination scan now. From past experience over the last few orders the status had stayed at that until I actually got the package. It never changes to 'out for delivery' anymore for some reason. They usually arrive at around 2pm-3pm for me.

Arrived

Far lighter than my ipad 1

The air looks the business.

Still waiting on mine. Should be here in the next hour. Apple store says out for delivery. UPS still says destination scan as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

My iPad Air arrived at lunchtime, delighted. Ordered just before 6pm on Friday, had an original delivery date of Dec 18-27, so glad that wasn't the case! :)

Been sitting in since 9am waiting on mine to arrive. Really pissed off at this stage. Really wish UPS could give a more accurate timeframe. To save me sitting and waiting for 7 hours.

Anybody have their status on UPS change from 'Destination Scan' to 'Out for Delivery'? In starting to think I've wasted. 7 and a half hours of my life. Both Apple and UPS are still showing today as delivery but there's only 25 mins left for delivered and I'm annoyed at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

It's out of Apple's hands and the onus is on UPS to get it delivered. My deliveries have always been before lunch. Apple just take the info from UPS and reflect it on the site.

kensutz wrote: »
    It's out of Apple's hands and the onus is on UPS to get it delivered. My deliveries have always been before lunch. Apple just take the info from UPS and reflect it on the site.

I know that, my deliveries are always around 2-3pm. But I was waiting around since 9 just in case. And now it looks like no delivery at all. So I've put stuff off today that I didn't have to and wasted 8 hours. Plus the thoughts of repeating it all tomorrow is horrible. Think I'll shoot UPS a call to complain.

Think I'll shoot UPS a call to complain.

Yes, I agree.

They may have been delayed etc

If only for peace of mind give them a bell

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Definitely give them a bell. That's the worst about couriers that you have to plan the whole day around it. I was in the same situation last week waiting for them to deliver my iPad

After 9 hours of waiting around it finally arrived. I don't know how UPS can't give a better estimate for deliveries. Even the morning or evening. Just to save you waiting around.

The driver told me they all only got sent out at 10 this morning in the trucks and Black Friday is causing the delays. So although in pissed off waiting around all day I'm glad I finally got it.

Don't have to worry about waiting around tomorrow. I was in no rush to get it. Just wanted to make sure my day wasn't a complete waste :D

Enjoyed your iPads anyways lads and thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

UPS??? My package was delivered by TNT. Fairly sure UPS's merger with TNT never went through so it's odd that there are separate couriers.

I ordered my Space Grey 32gb iPad Air at about 11pm on Black Friday and it was delivered (to North Dublin) this evening at 7. I also had an original delivery time of 18-27 December so I'm pretty happy that it arrived well in advance of Christmas day.

delivered at 1pm at my second work place. they didnt ring to tell me, so i didnt know to swing by and get it this evening. annoyed. hope its there tomorrow.

on a side note, this is a gift for xmas for my wife.

im pondering whether to tell her its arrived or not yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

on a side note, this is a gift for xmas for my wife.

im pondering whether to tell her its arrived or not yet....

Same. It's a gift for my mother. Pondering whether to tell her about it. I turned it on just to see whether everything was working. Sleek as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I was a big iPad hater when it first came out. Didn't see the point in it.

How wrong was I? Great piece of tech. I'm going to be using the laptop a lot less.

• Advertisement

Keno wrote: »
    I was a big iPad hater when it first came out. Didn't see the point in it.

How wrong was I? Great piece of tech. I'm going to be using the laptop a lot less.

I wouldn't call myself a hater, but I didn't like the idea if it myself and thought it was just a big iPod. I never thought I'd get one but I knew it would be a popular device. I first got the iPad 2, it didn't get major use tbh. Then moved into the Retina (3rd Gen) and I use it everyday now, it's taken the place of my MacBook for most things. I play a lot of games on it, catch up on today's news and watch YouTube videos etc. I couldn't go without one now.

I haven't opened my Air just yet, I'm waiting to get a case and screen protector first. Don't want to add one scratch to that beautiful design. Can't wait to get it all set up though.

Advertisement