Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park

Options
  • 26-11-2013 4:34pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Rock am Ring
    Almost ready, D-Day for headliners! Check back in at 1800.. ‪#‎rar2014‬

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Iron Maiden, Metallica, Kings of Leon and Linkin Park

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

lertsnim wrote: »

Yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

My thoughts exactly. Iron Maiden and maybe Metallica is all that would grab my interest

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

was hoping for pearl jam.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

lertsnim wrote: »

Oh dear cant blame them for nabbin Maiden they Havent headlined those fests since 05 Metallica & Linkin Park both in 12 and Kings of Leon 11, very uninspiring for a festival of its magnitude now fours days too??

NIN are a cert for this anyway big gaping hole in their tour schedule running over same weekend and only one show announced in Germany .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Nine Inch Nails ,Queens Of The Stone Age, Mando Diao, The Offspring, Avenged Sevenfold, Die Fantastischen Vier, Jan Delay & Disko No. 1, arteria, Milky Chance, In Extremo, Heaven Shall Burn, Alligatoah, SDP, In Flames, Rob Zombie, Alter Bridge, Slayer, Opeth, Kvelertak, Mastodon, Fall Out Boy, Babyshambles, Jake Bugg, John Newman, Gogol Bordello, Maximo Park, Left Boy und Portugal. Klangkarussell, Booka Shade, Rudimental added

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Very uninspiring line up so far... No festival taking my fancy yet but might try EXIT this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Thinking this maybe the festival for me in 2014! Would be my first time too.

Seems to have the highlights of Download, Sonisphere and some Indie sprinkling for good measure.

Just wondering, from my fantastical German knowledge/Google translating - does the ticket include camping? When buying festivals there's usually the day option/full ticket without camping and full ticket with camping.

Just triple checking that camping is including with the entire festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah camping is included alright. Would have been handy when I went not to have to pay for camping as I stayed in a hotel, but was still cheap.

Brilliant, thanks :)

Shall have to order my ticket after Christmas, I think!

A hotel sounds nice - gettin' too old to be livin' in tents! ;):o

• Advertisement

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Brilliant, thanks :)

Shall have to order my ticket after Christmas, I think!

A hotel sounds nice - gettin' too old to be livin' in tents! ;):o

Which one are you going to? For Im Park, I stayed in the InterCity Hotel in Nuremburg. Was a two minute walk to the platform of the train, which was then like 8/9 minutes (if even) to the fest site. And they have the shuttle bus too for free. Was like 260e for 4 nights for 2 people.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Mushy wrote: »
    Which one are you going to? For Im Park, I stayed in the InterCity Hotel in Nuremburg. Was a two minute walk to the platform of the train, which was then like 8/9 minutes (if even) to the fest site. And they have the shuttle bus too for free. Was like 260e for 4 nights for 2 people.
    What's the story with public transport? I've booked a hotel very close to the one you stayed in, but can't quite figure out what time the trains and buses finish at and it would be too far to walk...Is there a shuttle bus that goes to and from the site?

WildRosie wrote: »
    What's the story with public transport? I've booked a hotel very close to the one you stayed in, but can't quite figure out what time the trains and buses finish at and it would be too far to walk...Is there a shuttle bus that goes to and from the site?

From what I remember they still run after the main stage headliners finish, but if theres bands after ya wanna see then you wont make it. Trains are very often so you'll never be waiting long, its like getting dart from Pearse to Landsdowne.

Shuttle bus stops bit after last bands finish, takes ya to train station so its handy option. You wont be stuck anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Which one is easier to get to & from ? This'll be my first time at a euro fest so im trying to make it as painless as possible

Thanks Mushy, that's good to know. I don't mind getting a taxi back to the hotel if necessary. Going by this year, there were a few bands I'd have stayed late to see, so if it's the same in 2014 we'll probably just rely on a taxi those nights.
    Which one is easier to get to & from ? This'll be my first time at a euro fest so im trying to make it as painless as possible
    Mine too. We're going for Rock Im Park cos we don't want to camp and hotels in Nuremberg are pretty cheap at the moment. I booked an Ibis for €237 for four nights for two people. Going to fly into Nuremberg with Lufthansa. It's not direct but luggage is included in the ticket price so about the same as flying to Frankfurt with Ryanair for Rock Am Ring with camping gear. It just seems like the slightly easier option once you land. I also kinda prefer the idea of being in a city than a race track. But I'm open to opinions cos we're not booking the tickets till Tuesday and the hotel can be cancelled :p

I flew into Munich, the train from airport goes straight into main station, then got the ICE to Nuremburg. Keep checking on bahn.de for the trains, they normally cheaper the earlier you book, but the earliest you can book in advance is 92 days.

When I was looking, Am Ring always seemed tougher to get to, but in Germany it doesn't matter all too much as everything runs like clockwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Cheers lads ! Just wondering if anyone knows if there are many more bands to be announced ?

Cheers lads ! Just wondering if anyone knows if there are many more bands to be announced ?

Course there is from upwards of 70+ acts play every year only just over 40 announced but also the festival is an extra day so I'd imagine more than usual now a lot could be earlier in day/smaller stages bands but im sure there'll be some to jump out at ya still expect full lineup to be more or less complete end of March unless specifically announced.

Booked tickets for Rock im Park on Friday and they arrived Monday! :D

Flights and hotel booked - finally shall look half decent at the end of a festival :p:o

Really looking forward to the Summer now!

Where are you flying to/from?

• Advertisement

WildRosie wrote: »
    Where are you flying to/from?

Going from Dublin to Nuremberg with Lufthansa.
    There's a stop over in Frankfurt.

Used skyscanner.ie to find the flights :)

Yeah they are the ones I'm going to book. They've gone up nearly €100 since Christmas :( Stupid lack of money.

The extra day seems pointless and christ QOTSA /NIN clashing with Ghost/Mastodon/Anthrax also a bit ridiculous.

Agreed, the schedule is poorly thought out, there's a lot of very obvious clashes. Bit disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

anyone watching the stream?

http://www.ringrocker.com/rock-am-ring-livestream.php

QOTSA on there at the min

Would someone be able to post the stream line up for today/utonight as i might watch some of it later,unable to check meself at the mo as me and phones not capable and not near a computer yet. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just watching the stream, Metallica Mk II (Ax7) were good, hoping to catch Metallica now, they're just going on stage but they're showing Babyshambles, and that idiot docherty is off his tits

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Just tried to watch the stream... Same editing as on the last 2 Metallica Rock am Ring streams: Shaky picture, every 5 milliseconds a cut to a different angle. Annoying and unwatchable! Can't believe they still haven't learned to film a gig properly. :mad:

• Advertisement

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Just tried to watch the stream... Same editing as on the last 2 Metallica Rock am Ring streams: Shaky picture, every 5 milliseconds a cut to a different angle. Annoying and unwatchable! Can't believe they still haven't learned to film a gig properly. :mad:

Livestreams from festivals mightnt necessarily have stationed camera men

Advertisement