Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphine 4s set up.

• 26-11-2013 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi, apologies if this has been discussed before. I bought a 2nd hand iphone 4s. I have tried setting it up but can't get passed the apple id section. I have contacted the guy I bought it from and he said he has removed the iphone from his cloud account so it should work, but its still looking for apple id and password. Has anyone any ideas what I can do? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Do you have your own Apple ID? Isn't that what it's looking for? If you don't have one sign up and try to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭lip

Thanks alf66, he has said hes done that and the iphone no longer shows up on his account. @brophs, I have tried mine but it says I cannot use that apple ID.

It doesn't sound like he has wiped the actual phone. You need to get him to login using his account and then completely wipe the phone again by going to settings > general > reset > erase all contents and settings.

Oh dear, could be a problem then.....I had to travel to meet him. Thanks a mil, I'll give him a buzz and see if he'll meet again.

• Advertisement

lip wrote: »
    Oh dear, could be a problem then.....I had to travel to meet him. Thanks a mil, I'll give him a buzz and see if he'll meet again.

Ask him to text the Apple ID and password to you. He might be trusting. Then once you're finished he could change the password.

The third post in this link might also be of some help https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5395808

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Connect the iPhone to your PC/mac open iTunes select iPhone hit restore that will wipe alll content and set it up as a new iPhone

Thanks, I tried ringing the seller, but no answer. He has been answering texts and seems to want to help so he may give me the password. I'll try restoring it again tonight and see if that works.

I don't know if this might work? If you can get into the phone go to settings . general > reset > reset all content and settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Is an iPhine 4 some Chinese knock off?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the input Aodhagan, and for pointing that out:) Was talking to the seller and hes going to give me a refund, its on someone elses account and he cant get the password for me. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I thought that a new security 'feature' of iOS7 was you needed to enter an apple-id and password, and it said that if you ever needed to reset the phone, you would need this userid and password.

If this is the case, you will need to get him to enter his id & password, then reset the phone ance create a new id & password.

Advertisement