Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods

Options
  • 26-11-2013 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I wish I saw this earlier :(

I ordered a tablet from littlewoods.ie on the 8th, it was despatched from supplier on the 12th and seems to have been hanging around the Fastways Midlands Hub since the 13th! It was initially supposed to have been delivered by the 19th, then it was noted that the latest delivery date was the 25th. And guess what? Still no sign. I emailed them around the 20th to say I really needed this in hand as otherwise I'd be cancelling and asking for a refund. So last night I did write to cancel. This morning I received a reply to say they couldn't cancel as it seems it's already been sent! According to the 'track order' it's still at the Midlands hub, so this is just time-wasting. It still even says latest delivery date the 25th of November!

This is highly unacceptable. I've received items from Luxembourg and further afield within a week of ordering, and it's already 13 days from a point in Ireland itself!

I paid in full by credit card, and I was told that after I send it back (if I ever receive it) they would refund me, but can take up to 28 days!! They took the money fast enough! I replied that I am cancelling so it's easier for them to tell the despatcher to return it themselves, rather than coming all the way to me only to be returned! They have some stupid logic.

I trusted littlewoods but that's now been breached.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Littlewoods have really gone downhill since they started using Fastway. We've had multiple problems with Fastway and we tend not to order from Littlewoods anymore because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 wotaccent

Yes, it does seem so, from what I gather. Usually I tend to read reviews about any service I hadn't used before, but because it was Littlewoods, I didn't. Lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posts split out from old thread and moved to new thread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Guessing that Fastway is the issue here. I ordered something during the summer and i was expecting it before the end of the week. I did the track and trace and noticed that it was entered as *unable to deliver* at 4.40pm on a Friday - baloney (as Judge Judy would say).

Called Littlewoods and they told me that the driver had attemped to deliver but there was no answer - was finally delivered at 9.00am on the Monday ......driver said that sometimes happens if they are late on their route, they enter it as *unable to deliver*...

very shoddy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

weird , I ordered a tablet on the 18th and got it 4 days later along with 4 other things I ordered
    fastway straight to my door at half 9 no problems
    where do you live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

Guessing that Fastway is the issue here. I ordered something during the summer and i was expecting it before the end of the week. I did the track and trace and noticed that it was entered as *unable to deliver* at 4.40pm on a Friday - baloney (as Judge Judy would say).

Called Littlewoods and they told me that the driver had attemped to deliver but there was no answer - was finally delivered at 9.00am on the Monday ......driver said that sometimes happens if they are late on their route, they enter it as *unable to deliver*...

very shoddy

My first experience with fastway today. Never contacted me to let me know they had my parcel (not from littlewoods). Started calling me from 8.30, so I rang back at around 10, as I was driving, to find out who it was, response was:
    '' I'VE BEEN TRYIN' YOU ALL MORNIN' ''
    I've never been treated rudely by a courier before, and I use plenty. A bit of communication in advance would have been helpful too. Was I supposed to stay at home indefinetly?
    Sorry for the rant, not altogether relevant, but I'd wager any delivery problems with Littlewoods can be traced back to Fastway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Onthe3rdDay

kc90 wrote: »
    My first experience with fastway today. Never contacted me to let me know they had my parcel (not from littlewoods). Started calling me from 8.30, so I rang back at around 10, as I was driving, to find out who it was, response was:
    '' I'VE BEEN TRYIN' YOU ALL MORNIN' ''
    I've never been treated rudely by a courier before, and I use plenty. A bit of communication in advance would have been helpful too. Was I supposed to stay at home indefinetly?
    Sorry for the rant, not altogether relevant, but I'd wager any delivery problems with Littlewoods can be traced back to Fastway.

Have left a post about littlewoods elsewhere complaining, but I will say that once the parcel has left littlewoods it's a lottery if you're going to get it at all. Fastway don't seem to be able to use telephones or find addresses. I've gotten calls telling me to go to places a mile or two from where I live because "I,m too busy and won't be able to deliver to that address for days"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I got told by Fastway that they only deliver Littlewoods and Amazon items one day a week or only when they have a large enough amount to make it worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Fastway do not give priority to littlewoods deliverys unless it is mark express, the driver will put it on hold until he is next in area because so many littlewoods orders this time of year not a hope of getting round all of them in one day,
    the post office would offer a better service because the post man would not have as much of a bigger area as a fastway driver, the post man will know the customer because he delivers to same customers day in and day out.
    Fastway must be cheaper then post office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Shark

I always find problems when I order large items from Littlewoods. I ordered a bed frame around the end of January and it said at the time of ordering that it would be delivered within 3 weeks. Well 3 weeks came and went and their tracking system was never updated. All it said was parcel dispatched.

I sent loads of emails and made loads of phone calls to them but to no avail...I honestly think they didn't even know where the bed was! It really got on my wick. It took about 8 weeks from the time I ordered to the time I actually got it.:mad:

I then sent a formal complaint about their delivery service and their so called tracking system. As usual it falls on deaf ears and nothing has changed. Their facebook page does be full of complaints about delivery. I think they need to really have a look at their delivery system or they are going to lose a lot of business over it.

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    weird , I ordered a tablet on the 18th and got it 4 days later along with 4 other things I ordered
    fastway straight to my door at half 9 no problems
    where do you live?

I live in East Cork. There's a depot just up the road, relatively speaking, at Little Island. Although it really shouldn't be a problem. I'm presuming, like any modern courier company, they use a GPS system, or at the very least, know how to use a map.

As an update, I have received a reply saying that the item has been cancelled, and to give them 14 days for the item to be returned to them and be refunded. Actually I've received TWO replies, from different 'agents', one on the 26th and another on the 28th. Most probably I'll be receiving the email every few days, with them trying to stretch it out as long as possible. But I'm going by the one on the 26th. At the moment, according to the tracking system, it's still in the Midlands hub, and still to be delivered, presumably to me, by the 25th.

It really does beggar belief.

Gps systems are useless for couriers if some one lives out in the sticks, not many use them , you cant put the persons name in and it will take you to were they live, you will still have to phone them to find the house,
    now if we had post codes now that would different, put post code in GPS it will take you to the door.
    Best way to get it delivered ASAP if your out in sticks is to have it delivered to your/partners work place, because most are in town any way.

The thing is, I never received any call for directions, so it never left the hub. I live in the town of Youghal, so no issue there.

I've never had this problem with any courier or deliveries before. Considering I shop online A LOT, Fastways and littlewoods.ie are the only ones who seem to have this problem.

No excuse if your in town, bad show.

Advertisement