Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First unread/threads with polls

Options
  • 26-11-2013 7:01pm
    Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I think I've brought this up before, but possibly not through the proper channels.

A long-standing bug that really irks me is that if you click the "first unread" button on a thread that has a poll on it, it often (but not always) brings you to the last post on the thread instead of the first unread post, forcing you to scroll and/or page back until you find a post you recognise, then pick up the thread from there.

Has anyone else come across this one?

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I think I can narrow down the "not always" aspect of this bug.

I use the "next thread" function a lot; it's my primary way of navigating most of my followed forums. If I arrive on a thread with a poll via the "next thread" link and then hit the "first unread" link, I'll be brought to the last post of the thread. If I click on the "first unread" icon from the forum page, I go to the correct post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I think I can narrow down the "not always" aspect of this bug.

I use the "next thread" function a lot; it's my primary way of navigating most of my followed forums. If I arrive on a thread with a poll via the "next thread" link and then hit the "first unread" link, I'll be brought to the last post of the thread. If I click on the "first unread" icon from the forum page, I go to the correct post.

Sorry only dropping in now, thanks for the further info. We'll hopefully have to some time to take a look at bugs tomorrow / early next week. Once we've any updates we'll let you know.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Cheers, Ró. One further piece of the puzzle for you: I just navigated using "next thread" to a multi-page thread with a poll. Rather than hit "first unread" I decided to go back to the forum page and hit the "first unread" button from there - but when I got there, the thread was marked as read, even though the first unread post wasn't on the first page.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement