Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank giving free money!

Options
  • 26-11-2013 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

These guys have to be pulling my leg.

Nearly 4 weeks ago i made a withdrawal at an ATM for a large some. The ATM only had €20 notes. When the transaction was finished i took my card and went to retrieve my money.

A tiny amount came out. I thought this can't be right. On closer inspection, the rest of the bundle was stuck inside the machine (It's an ATM within a shop. It releases your money underneath the keypad.). I tried pulling the rest of it out, note by note and manged to get 2/3rds of it before it swallowed up the rest. After a short period, out of service appears on the machine and then it goes back to normal, leaving me shortchanged over 100+ euro.

Contacted the bank on the day and had to ring them back a few days later as it was a Sunday. Logged the dispute and then heard nothing back for 22 days. Had to go back and fourth with them then as they didn't even log the dispute! Apparently whoever it was sent to at the branch was 'off'.

So i was waiting 26 days for my own money to be put back into my account. I was sent a letter yesterday stating how it was a 'goodwill gesture' and that they could find no fault with the ATM. Of course you won't, but you would find my money still in it! (aka funds vs transaction history).

I don't know. Are they trying to come across as if they're doing me a favour when one of their ATMs malfunctioned?

I'm thinking of complaining to the ombudsman about their behavior or am i just spitting in the wind?

Advertisement