Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Waxing Salon in Cork City

Options
  • 26-11-2013 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good place in Cork city centre for waxing. I have heard City Wax are great but I won't be able to make it out to Mahon so I am looking for place in the city.

If anyone has suggestions it be much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Try Adore. They're on Oliver Plunkett St, opposite Milano's.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Metacarpi

House of beauty by the courthouse on Washington st. They do half price waxing Saturdays and tuesdays

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Citywax are outstanding. I'd recommend making the trip!

I'm not sure where else, but I know a friend went to Adoré alright. If it's a sensitive area, make absolutely sure that they use Lycon wax rather than strip wax.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Zuzi

Hi, I can confirm city wax is amazing and with bus is easy to reach.
    Anyway I've tryied as well 5th Avenue in the city center. Is in Oliver pluncket. The prices are just bit less than city wax, but they are good and not painful.
    Hope this help! 😇

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

Thanks for all suggestions. I don't think I be able to get out to City Wax but I'm thinking of Adore as they seem to have good reviews. Central location suits me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I recommend both Wax Boutique in Penrose Wharf and Cream on Oliver Plunkett st. Both use good quality hot wax

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

5 th avenue use the same wax as city wax.lycon wax ... That's the secret to a fairly pain free wax !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Lycon wax is the job. Asana in douglas use this too, not city center though for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stickyface

Citywax also have a salon above Amity on French Church St

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

stickyface wrote: »

Not anymore as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

stickyface wrote: »
    Gone a good few months now it didn't last long ... Only Mahon .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭April O Neill II

Wax Boutique at Penrose Wharf is great.

Advertisement