Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information only: collision on Seamus Quirke Road

Options
  • 26-11-2013 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭

Collision on Seamus Quirke Road within the last half hour.

Car crashed into guard-rail near Gleann Dara, at right turn from SQR towards Shantalla.

Ambulance was called to the scene, but I have no idea whether it was a serious injury collision.

Traffic fairly slow in both directions, due to westbound rubbernecking and eastbound obstruction.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Collision on Seamus Quirke Road within the last half hour.

Car crashed into guard-rail near Gleann Dara, at right turn from SQR towards Shantalla.

Ambulance was called to the scene, but I have no idea whether it was a serious injury collision.

Traffic fairly slow in both directions, due to westbound rubbernecking and eastbound obstruction.

Bishop O'Donnell Rd.? SQR stops at Fine Wines. Saw it too. Hope all is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

It was approximately here. The street names are a bit confusing on StreetView, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Bishop O'Donnell Rd.? SQR stops at Fine Wines. Saw it too. Hope all is ok.

According to that map it starts/ends by the junction to Circular Road, opposite where the OP mentioned, although beside the border of BOD Road (but a good bit down from Fine Wines!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I came across the aftermath of that crash at 7.10pm.

A silver Toyota Avensis had hit the guard rail just after the right turn towards O'Huiggins. The guard rail hit the front quarter panel and got stuck into the car parallel to the drivers front wheel.

Something to note is this was across from where some work has been happening on the bus, cycle and walking lane. There were bollards out onto the road which force you right into one lane only.

I've seen cars in front of me clip the kerb on the right hand side driving the same way, this has been an accident waiting to happen as the kerb and guard rail appear out of nowhere and it's not exactly lit-up either.

Advertisement