Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Site a real Pain

Options
  • 26-11-2013 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

For over the last 12 months or more happens more often that not when opening a page I get msg like below. Using FF also tried Chrome and same issue. Is it argos or just me :)

Argoserror_zps01863811.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Looks like a server-side issue, there isn't much you can do other than contact whoever administers the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

danjo-xx wrote: »
    For over the last 12 months or more happens more often that not when opening a page I get msg like below. Using FF also tried Chrome and same issue. Is it argos or just me :)

Argoserror_zps01863811.jpg

Just you methinks, never hear compliants like this when they are linked to via Bargain Alerts for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

vicwatson wrote: »
    Just you methinks, never hear compliants like this when they are linked to via Bargain Alerts for example.

yup more than likely just me:(

now care to make any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong so I can learn from my mistakes going forward.

GreenWolfe wrote: »
    Looks like a server-side issue, there isn't much you can do other than contact whoever administers the site.

just emailed them there, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

danjo-xx wrote: »
    just emailed them there, thanks.

They may ask you to provide the dates, times and the content of the stack traces you've gotten recently (probably over the last few days).

There isn't much you can do unfortunately, other than hoping that they fix their site.

• Advertisement

Tried it in work today on a network and same prob...so doesn't seem just related to my pc/broadband/web browser or whatever. Surprised no one else has reported same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

404 is a page/resource missing server-side.
    It should be auto-logged in an error log file on the argos server. Maybe someone reads these files, we don't know :D

It seems you are trying to change your password? Or log in/out?
    It doesn't happen just browsing the site does it?

biko wrote: »
    404 is a page/resource missing server-side.
    It should be auto-logged in an error log file on the argos server. Maybe someone reads these files, we don't know :D

It seems you are trying to change your password? Or log in/out?
    It doesn't happen just browsing the site does it?

It does look like a login/logoff problem all right.

If I go to argos now I'm all ready logged in....this is since last night.
    (I know some sites like boards etc allow you to stay logged on)

Anyway I went thru the motions of buying something to see how far I got, I got to my trolly and then chose, buy this and I was requested to login, but after entering email and password, error 404 comes up again.

I cant logoff just getting the same error msg.

Opened a new account all going swimmingly.. :)

Advertisement