Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Milan TV3

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Lennonist wrote: »
    Celtic have always played in a piss poor league, for the last 30 years anyway. No striker has been the main problem, and has been the main problem since the summer. If Celtic are planning to play in the CL, they should have a striker to play when needed. To say they would make no impact in the Europa League is a bit overly negative, it's a different standard competition.

Yes the league has always been piss poor, relative to others. For the past two years, it's been piss poor and has had a complete lack of any competition whatsoever.

It's my belief that you cannot expect a team that plays in a league with no competition to step up the plate and try to match teams like Barca, Milan and Ajax.

Prepare for more of same for the next couple of seasons anyway bhoys, individual players might help but won't address the real issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

3-0 Milan

Fuk.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Tom Rogic thrown on with 10 minutes left and 3 down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Lol @ people saying Celtic should be beating Milan.

You've looked at the teams, right?

Milan might be a shambles right now but they have better players in basically every position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Tom Rogic thrown on with 10 minutes left and 3 down.

A lad thats done the square root of fúck all in domestic competitions...:rolleyes::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

bobmalooka wrote: »
    All marginal calls bar super Mario and kaka if you ask me,this 3-0 lead is due to our utterly spineless display.nothing else

Zapata and Abate are head and shoulders above anyone at celtic in defence (as are De Sciglio and Mexes).

Milan's midfield is light years ahead of Celtic's. Monti is a stalwart in the Italian midfield as in De Jong with Holland, either would start for almost any team in the Chamipon's league. Poli is a very, very good young player.

Kaka and Balotelli are so far ahead of celtic's attack it's not even comparable (so are SES and even Robinho and Matri). Only Birsa is "marginal", the rest of Milan's team tonight would walk onto the celtic team.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Lol @ people saying Celtic should be beating Milan.

You've looked at the teams, right?

Milan might be a shambles right now but they have better players in basically every position.

Celtic have a better 'keeper in fairness to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

PauloMN wrote: »
    Maybe so Rory, but there's no passion in this side at all. Celtic Park is often referred to as a fortress in Europe, that's not down to what team is picked, that's down to pure guts and determination - not the heartless crap being served up tonight.

When you can coast to league titles by really not doing very much, what you are seeing here tonight is the result of that.

Other than a bit of style from Balotelli, Milan have not been up to much and are still cruising 3 nil.

Yeah I agree the passion & fight is missing from this team, there's no leaders in the team bar Brown and he's missing tonight because at times he doesn't use that passion well.

Lennon for me could do more to build that by mixing up the team in the SPL games and getting players to fight for the CL places. Instead we have about 8 guaranteed starters for every game and no competition.

Yes the league has always been piss poor, relative to others. For the past two years, it's been piss poor and has had a complete lack of any competition whatsoever.

It's my belief that you cannot expect a team that plays in a league with no competition to step up the plate and try to match teams like Barca, Milan and Ajax.

Prepare for more of same for the next couple of seasons anyway bhoys, individual players might help but won't address the real issue.

What's the real issue in your view Paulo? There are lots of examples of teams that come from leagues with little or no competition that do well in the CL.

Celtic made a mess of their transfers last summer and didn't sign a striker is the main problem that I see.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Fair play to the GB, singing all night. Place would be a fcuking library without them. Only positive really.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Zapata and Abate are head and shoulders above anyone at celtic in defence (as are De Sciglio and Mexes).

Milan's midfield is light years ahead of Celtic's. Monti is a stalwart in the Italian midfield as in De Jong with Holland, either would start for almost any team in the Chamipon's league. Poli is a very, very good young player.

Kaka and Balotelli are so far ahead of celtic's attack it's not even comparable (so are SES and even Robinho and Matri). Only Birsa is "marginal", the rest of Milan's team tonight would walk onto the celtic team.

Yet for all of that (and I don't disagree) if Celtic had even a half decent striker they would have gotten at least a draw tonight

Christ, Rogic can't even run with the ball ffs.

RoryMac wrote: »
    Yet for all of that (and I don't disagree) if Celtic had even a half decent striker they would have gotten at least a draw tonight

No they wouldn't, because the service from the wingers was pants.

Terrible performance by Celtic, some poor tactical choices by Lennon too. At least Allegri still has a job! :pac:

Dempsey wrote: »
    Terrible performance by Celtic, some poor tactical choices by Lennon too. At least Allegri still has a job! :pac:

For how long?!?!

• Advertisement

For how long?!?!

When do ye play next, Saturday or Sunday? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Still can't believe the defending for the first goal. The worst goal conceded from a corner I've seen in years.

Still can't believe the defending for the first goal. The worst goal conceded from a corner I've seen in years.

The 2nd goal gave it a run for its money!

Dempsey wrote: »

I was worried about him, seen him gulping on the line a few times. He'll get the chop eventually, only a matter of time for that lad.

Seaneh from Galway there will fill you in on the details, he's a big AC Milan fan obviously:pac:

No they wouldn't, because the service from the wingers was pants.

Doesn't matter what goes into the box when there's no one there to get on the end of it.

Celtic's team last year with Wanyama & Hooper would have got something from that game. Even tonight we had Kayal free in the box, same with Mulgrew, Van Dijk hitting the keeper front 6 yards. The only difference tonight was quality of finishing

• Advertisement

I was worried about him, seen him gulping on the line a few times. He'll get the chop eventually, only a matter of time for that lad.

Seaneh from Galway there will fill you in on the details, he's a big AC Milan fan obviously:pac:

He's on a hiding to nothing at the minute alright.

Dead man walking in fairness.

That said, I don't think he's the problem, Milan just had a terrible transfer window, needed a centre back, a keeper and a left back as cover/competition for De Sciglio as well as someone to cover for Pazzini, signed a **** cb, no full back and paid €11m for Matri, madness.

Rami and Honda will be big additions in January but I think that might be too late for Max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I think thats milan first away win in any competition this season too

What's the real issue in your view Paulo? There are lots of examples of teams that come from leagues with little or no competition that do well in the CL.

Celtic made a mess of their transfers last summer and didn't sign a striker is the main problem that I see.

I won't argue with that, the new signings have been uninspiring to say the least, and we are really missing a cutting edge that we had in Hooper. It's a shame more could not have been done to keep him. Van Dijk and Boerrigter are the best of them.

I also agree with the point about Brown. His red card and subsequent suspensions have affected us a lot in this campaign. We definitely missed him when we are already playing poorly. He's a very important player for us.

But I do think there's more to it than just sticking a good striker up front. The team is not playing well together, because they are not tested in the league. There was always a bit of a fight at the top of the league coming up to Christmas with an Old Firm game in January, to see who'd take top spot half way through the season, so every game was important. I've said it before - last season was a novelty, this season I think we are seeing the real impact of no competition in the league. And it ain't pretty.

I really worry that we are going to struggle to attract players to Celtic over the next couple of seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Tbh we never, ever threaten from corners so to score from 2 corners tonight was a big surprise. Horrible marking

I won't argue with that, the new signings have been uninspiring to say the least, and we are really missing a cutting edge that we had in Hooper. It's a shame more could not have been done to keep him. Van Dijk and Boerrigter are the best of them.

I also agree with the point about Brown. His red card and subsequent suspensions have affected us a lot in this campaign. We definitely missed him when we are already playing poorly. He's a very important player for us.

But I do think there's more to it than just sticking a good striker up front. The team is not playing well together, because they are not tested in the league. There was always a bit of a fight at the top of the league coming up to Christmas with an Old Firm game in January, to see who'd take top spot half way through the season, so every game was important. I've said it before - last season was a novelty, this season I think we are seeing the real impact of no competition in the league. And it ain't pretty.

I really worry that we are going to struggle to attract players to Celtic over the next couple of seasons.

This season we had a harder group. The old Rangers did well in this competition in the 90's when we were on our knees and there was no credible opposition domestically for them.

I think we could've finished maybe 3rd in this group if we signed a striker to replace Hooper. Next season if we set ourselves up properly, we can qualify and compete better.

Advertisement