Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spreadsheets lessons please????

Options
  • 26-11-2013 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi,

I am studying Reception & Customer Care Fetac 5 and loving the year only module i am finding difficult is spreadsheets i understand good bit of it just my teacher he goes very fast in class and dont have time to get around to helping me on own and he bit snappy as well if ask questions. I just need someone go slow at it bit of a slow learner i want pass this module i find it interesting and would like help with all work i doing for rest year.

Wondering anyone in cork city centre that great at spreadsheets and does lessons and if so how much per hour being a student would need something not to expensive. Could meet up in Cork College of Commerce where studying or anywhere near has computer . i need excel and my latptop home dont have it

thanks everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TBoneMan

If you google "excel tutorial" or "excel help tips" you woll get lots of free advice ... which area are you stuck on ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

TBoneMan wrote: »
    If you google "excel tutorial" or "excel help tips" you woll get lots of free advice ... which area are you stuck on ??

Hi thanks getting back to me i would prefer being with someone to make sense it and go slow as bit slow leaner i find it confusing reading online think more visual learning. Moment doing pie charts and starting sorting that part co fused he going to fast. Like someone go over all functions to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Hi thanks getting back to me i would prefer being with someone to make sense it and go slow as bit slow leaner i find it confusing reading online think more visual learning. Moment doing pie charts and starting sorting that part co fused he going to fast. Like someone go over all functions to.

If you can't find anyone to help you at the moment, use the internet to find the help that you need. It is on there.

It's better than nothing.

I'm doing the spreadsheets as it is as part of an ECDL module.

It's actually easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

@OP - ideally your 1st port of call would be to talk to your lecturer after class. Explain that you enjoy the class but are struggling a bit. Would he have some time to go over a bit with you etc? You may find he's more relaxed after class, and easier to talk to.

Your next port of call might be Student support - or whatever its called in CCC. If you need a little extra support, then the college is best placed to help you with this. If your attendance is good etc then I'd imagine the college will try to help a bit.

Other than that, is there anyone on the course who seems good at Excel? Could you ask them?

Finally, with Excel - it's all about practice - you need to spend a fair bit of time, so that the tasks etc come naturally - it's one of the more difficult modules, but stick at it and you'll do fine.

Best of luck!

MrFrisp wrote: »
    If you can't find anyone to help you at the moment, use the internet to find the help that you need. It is on there.

It's better than nothing.

I'm doing the spreadsheets as it is as part of an ECDL module.

It's actually easy enough.

Looks like have ask teacher what he can do for me, well i find it difficult to keep up with the pace was never strongest points with numbers but i be fine thanks

• Advertisement

blindsider wrote: »
    @OP - ideally your 1st port of call would be to talk to your lecturer after class. Explain that you enjoy the class but are struggling a bit. Would he have some time to go over a bit with you etc? You may find he's more relaxed after class, and easier to talk to.

Your next port of call might be Student support - or whatever its called in CCC. If you need a little extra support, then the college is best placed to help you with this. If your attendance is good etc then I'd imagine the college will try to help a bit.

Other than that, is there anyone on the course who seems good at Excel? Could you ask them?

Finally, with Excel - it's all about practice - you need to spend a fair bit of time, so that the tasks etc come naturally - it's one of the more difficult modules, but stick at it and you'll do fine.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the kind message i appreciate it , i will try best with it just ask teacher and if cant help will try myself at home i am sure pass it just worrying alot. thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Thanks very much i have that link bookmarked and will have a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

If the teacher etc in the class won't help out, ask for extra classes on the subject.

We done it for different modules and it helps a lot.

Only takes up an hour of our week.

MrFrisp wrote: »
    If the teacher etc in the class won't help out, ask for extra classes on the subject.

We done it for different modules and it helps a lot.

Only takes up an hour of our week.

Thanks for that i will ask the teacher see what he says he might consider something to help me he nice man but just goes to fast for me lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I feel your pain spreadsheets are a curse hate them and all to do with excel.. If tis of any ease to you, I don't think many people actually know what they are doing with them the most of the time it is a fluke getting them right been in reception for years and I just smile and say yeah no problems I can do that and google all the way haha.. sorry I know this isn't helpful but it might put you at ease that not a lot of people do get it.. best of luck :)

Milly33 wrote: »
    I feel your pain spreadsheets are a curse hate them and all to do with excel.. If tis of any ease to you, I don't think many people actually know what they are doing with them the most of the time it is a fluke getting them right been in reception for years and I just smile and say yeah no problems I can do that and google all the way haha.. sorry I know this isn't helpful but it might put you at ease that not a lot of people do get it.. best of luck :)

hey there thanks for the reply lol you did put me at ease alright i just gotta keep trying and be checking up stuff as i go along only way i know what going on sometimes gotta try learn yourself i think might find out something teachers didnt know even haha. do u work in reception? i loving this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

http://www.theexcelclub.com/

I did this before. I found the slow tutorials that I could look back over again and again very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Advertisement