Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Lukker- wrote: »
    He's definitely leaving, Pique said as much in the video, even said the figure. We're pretty much the only club linked with him, he was in London a few days ago. I think we may have pulled off quite the coup.

Costa and Fabregas in the same day?

Yeah I said yesterday that this story was gathering pace but still can't believe it's happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Frank who??? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I think Fabregas will slot in alongside Matic with a bit of licence to get forward. Of course, if needs be, he can also play as the number 10.

Matic, Fabregas

Willian, Oscar, Hazard

Costa

It's fantasy football stuff.

For the first time in a while, this allows us real dynamism with how we line up.

I think in more open games we could see the above formation with Oscar and Fabregas running the show.

In tighter games you could bring in Ramires and go 4-3-3

Matic

Ramires---Fabregas
    Willian
    Hazard
    Costa

This would be an insane team on the counter, Ramires is much better in this formation than he is in a 4-2-3-1. It gives him the license to roam forward and launch lighting counter attacks, along-side Willian and Hazard with Fabregas pulling the strings and a proper target man to aim for in Costa, I think it could be ...... devastating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Swap Oscar for Rambo and we are laughing.

Do we believe it? he is 2/5 with paddy power so 40% profit if we do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If we could sell ramires i would too.

Maybe not this season but with van ginkel back fit, ramires days could be numbered.

Also, as cesc came through arsenals academy, he counts as a home grown player, success. :pac:

Also, just because Pique said its done means nothing he could be gone to any of the many teams linked with him. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Here's another one from Rafael Hernandez, he really is very sharp on all things Barcelona and knows the validity of the outlets he tweets about.

"Catradio also saying Fàbregas is off to Chelsea. Good as done."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

With Cole, lamps, and Luiz gone we've knocked off £400k off our weekly wage bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Till I see him in a Chelsea jersey, I'm taking it as all a bit of a wind up.

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    With Cole, lamps, and Luiz gone we've knocked off £400k off our weekly wage bill

Id have said 350k max.

Lamps was on 150ish
    Cole 110k
    Luiz got a new deal for 90k i thought i heard.

Either which way its a huge saving
    If etoo goes 120k and torres, 175k thats a huge saving altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

If that is actually what Pique said, then surely it has to be about Chelsea. Its between Chelsea and Arsenal, we are the side with the money and the need for a CM after Luiz went, and we are the ones heavily linked with him. It has to be us

Panthro wrote: »

Ya, until its on the club website theres nothing id get worked up about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

GavRedKing wrote: »

Has etoo not left already???

I'm after watching the Pique video.
    I call shenanigans.
    He's on a wind up.

redman85 wrote: »
    Has etoo not left already???

Ya he has that should read differently.

Also with Torres changing his twitter profile it could be a hint at a move.

So that leaves us with Ba and Lukaku and even Ba is meant to be going to Besiktas.

• Advertisement

I'm after watching the Pique video.
    I call shenanigans.
    He's on a wind up.

Part of me things the same.

Theyre both laughing and the most know that mics are on.

Anyway, its made the thread busy.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Id have said 350k max.

Lamps was on 150ish
    Cole 110k

When Cole signed an extension it made him the best paid defender in the world AFAIK. He was on over 150k, possibly more.

EDIT: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2265523/Ashley-Cole-highest-paid-defender-world-agreeing-new-Chelsea-contract.html

Daily Mail are saying 200k.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Feck it, with the potential line up for next season there will be no one to complain about,
    Take him on you muppet Haza..No, Bloody score..Cost...No, Pass it Fabreg...No, Catch it ya twat Court..No. Fantasy stuff this, nice to see deals being done quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

That Ballague lad isnt a reliable source for sure wrong on so many occasions before Torres joined he was saying no deal literally 10 mins later breaking news on Sky deal done! If there is a solid yes or no I wouldn't be having it from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

NIMAN wrote: »
    Must have been a very easy medical, cos that hamstring of his must still be hammered.

Anyway, I don't think he is going to be a big hit in England. Time will tell and many will say he's suited to it, but I thought that Chelsea defenders handled him without too much bother when they met.

I've been having this fear ever since we were linked with him.
    The Chelsea curse, and the fact that he's only had 1 really good season.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Torres has removed Chelsea player on his twitter so....
    Probably just because it's WC season. Both pics on his page feature a spain jersey.

With something this delicious it's the only way to keep your sanity and mouth in check if it doesn't work out

Id have said 350k max.

Lamps was on 150ish
    Cole 110k

When you break it down like that you'd nearly say that poor transfers/mismanagement of contracts has held us back the last few years.

Even the reported 400k week saving mentioned above works out at nearly 21m for the year.

Lukker- wrote: »
    When Cole signed an extension it made him the best paid defender in the world AFAIK. He was on over 150k, possibly more.

EDIT: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2265523/Ashley-Cole-highest-paid-defender-world-agreeing-new-Chelsea-contract.html

Daily Mail are saying 200k.

Hazards our best paid player at 185k so theres no way cole is on 200k.

Anyway, its all money saved and can go towards new signings.
    Sheepy99 wrote: »
    When you break it down like that you'd nearly say that poor transfers/mismanagement of contracts has held us back the last few years.

Even the reported 400k week saving mentioned above works out at nearly 21m for the year.

Ya, the money saved will be re-invested which is very good and we have a lot of it to go around with some of the guys going out.

Have we signed Cesc or Costa yet?

Sack the board, Jose out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

The waiting and constant twitter refreshing is getting rather old at this stage!

ANNOUNCE SOMETHING DAMMIT!!!!!

Talksport say yeah.
    http://talksport.com/football/done-deal-fabregas-agrees-chelsea-move-14060594543

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

the most vague done deal article in the world, i'm sure thats the same article they've had up all week but just changed the URL to say done deal...

I want something official, the fans need a pick me up after Luiz/Lamps both being announced as gone!

Hazard, Ramires and Cahill make up our players to cover the most miles this season.

Hazard - 206.8
    Ramires - 204.3
    Cahill - 184.1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'm surprised Cesc wasn't announced the minute Balague said there was no deal done yet. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Soo true but any reliable Spanish or English sources picking this up?I know Talksport are running with it now...

I wouldn't trust talksport at all but I do think a deal is a close.

Pogba's agent just tweeted this.
    Mino Raiola ‏@MRaiola

My player Paul Pogba happy at the club.. He is not going anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Costa !!!

:D

I tend to ignore the silly season transfer news, but I just saw it in the guardian ... niiice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Torres on Cesc,
    Torres (Chelsea): "Cesc would be a good signing? Great players are always great signings. He's a type of player Chelsea don't have now"

"Cesc knows the EPL, he can add football, possession, goals... If he feels important, he can be a leader, like he was at Arsenal."

Johner wrote: »
    Torres on Cesc,

Get agent torres od agent Dave on the case.

P.S. dont talk to Mata :pac:

• Advertisement

Reports saying Arsenal are now ruled out of signing Fabregas! BBC saying they have informed Barcelona that they will waive their buy-back clause. Cesc now 1/9 to sign for us :)

Love how United spent all last summer trying to sign him, and we chase him for a week and its nearly done :pac:

Id say having Spaniards at the club definitely helps though!

I'm still not convinced that Fabregas will be a good signing ..

Reports saying Arsenal are now ruled out of signing Fabregas! BBC saying they have informed Barcelona that they will waive their buy-back clause. Cesc now 1/9 to sign for us :)

Love how United spent all last summer trying to sign him, and we chase him for a week and its nearly done :pac:

Id say having Spaniards at the club definitely helps though!

Now is the time to sell for Barca, last year they wouldnt have sold Cesc and Thiago in one window.
    the_monkey wrote: »

I'm not convinced it'll happen......

the_monkey wrote: »

If we stick to the 4-2-3-1 formation then im not sure he suits, but id guess that we will be changing to a 4-3-3 this season... I dont think Cesc is the right player to put in a more defensive kind of role beside Matic in a 4-2-3-1. Id be alot happier if he was in the 4-3-3 with Matic playing defensive and Cesc more offensive with Oscar/Ramires/Van Ginkel.

To make the most of Cesc we definitely need 4-3-3 IMO.

Whats also a very distinct possibility is bringing in Cesc and selling Oscar and play Cesc behind Costa.

Of the two that PSG want, Hazard and Oscar, Oscar is much more likely to be sold on.

• Advertisement

There are way too many reports talking about it and with City and Arsenal out of the running, and Chelsea's Spanish contingent in his ear id be surprised if he joined Liverpool or United before us.

Its either he joins Chelsea / Liverpool / United or he stays put, Chelsea are the much more likely scenario IMO.

Whats also a very distinct possibility is bringing in Cesc and selling Oscar and play Cesc behind Costa.

Of the two that PSG want, Hazard and Oscar, Oscar is much more likely to be sold on.

Still left with a hole in central midfield then though.

I think it points to 4-3-3, which always was Jose's preffered formation, especially when he had his main success with Chelsea and Inter

Until Cesc in a Chelsea jersey, I'm putting it in the fantasy basket of signings.

Pogba is a no good either so Vidal might leave but Real will be in for him too.

suits me :D

Until Cesc in a Chelsea jersey, I'm putting it in the fantasy basket of signings.

Pogba is a no good either so Vidal might leave but Real will be in for him too.

Vidal, Modric, Fabregas, De Rossi, Rakitic, Pogba, Matuidi, Khedira, Verratti, Strootman. All options id be pleased with but of them there arent many realistic, and we only seem to be linked with Pogba and Fabregas.

And Pogba's agent has said hes staying at Juve so if we are in for Cesc I hope we get him..

Verratti would also be a lovely buy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement