Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Sturridge could be missing the Stamford Bridge game. That would be good for coz Liverpool could drop points from it.

He's almost certainly out of it. Rodgers said today on Sky he'll be out for 6 to 8 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

amiable wrote: »
    He's almost certainly out of it. Rodgers said today on Sky he'll be out for 6 to 8 weeks

I misheard so, thought it was 4 weeks. Christmas miracles coukd happen. The more teams in it the better it will push the others on anyway to perform.

Plenty points will be dropped by all teams over Dec/Jan

Couple of reports this morning suggesting it was a display of champions, to not play well and drag yourselfs back into a game.

I think thats oputting a very good spin on it but unless we become more consistent it wont be the title we're playing for it will be 2nd or 3rd behind Arsenal and City who are, week on week, finding their feet and putting together a great run.

Their home form alone is putting them in the title race, you could say the same about us but their goa difference is something like +25 or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

If we can go away to Sunderland and Stoke in the next 7 days and win, then that will prove if we are serious contenders or not..

Pressure on in 2 consecutive away games, can we win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

If we can go away to Sunderland and Stoke in the next 7 days and win, then that will prove if we are serious contenders or not..

If he picks the right team we should have a fighting shout.

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    If he picks the right team we should have a fighting shout.

Ideally we wont change to much from the Southampton game.

Id personally drop Oscar only to rest the guy for the more difficult games coming up.

Does anyone see an opportunity to go 4-4-2 and start Ba and Torres?

We could go

Cech

Ivan
    Cahill
    JT
    Azp

Ramries----Mikel

Hazard
    Mata

Torres
    Ba

It worked very well for 35mins in the second half against Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'd be very disappointed if we cant beat Sunderland away, results from our last 8 league visits!

Sunderland 1 - 3 Chelsea
    Sunderland 1 - 2 Chelsea
    Sunderland 2 - 4 Chelsea
    Sunderland 1 - 3 Chelsea
    Sunderland 2 - 3 Chelsea
    Sunderland 0 - 1 Chelsea
    Sunderland 1 - 2 Chelsea
    Sunderland 1 - 2 Chelsea

Scored 20 left in 9.

I liked seeing 2 up front as well.
    Provided Cole is fit, I'd try:
    Cech

Dave---Cahill
    JT
    Cole

Mikel

Ramires
    Mata
    Hazard

Torres
    Ba

(I know, I know, Ramires is wasted out wide)

I liked seeing 2 up front as well.
    Provided Cole is fit, I'd try:
    Cech

Dave---Cahill
    JT
    Cole

Mikel

Ramires
    Mata
    Hazard

Torres
    Ba

(I know, I know, Ramires is wasted out wide)

Very attacking but I'd be going with a cautious approach to the game, Sunderland have this knack of grinding out results when they go ahead, crowd on side and all that so I'd probably start a conventional 4-4-2 or go 4-2-3-1 and bring in Schurrle for Oscar and switch Mata centrally.

Schurrle would offer us the natural pace and ball carrying that no one else, bar Hazard, can provide us.

• Advertisement

Monacos Sporting Director has said Falcao is going nowhere in Janaury so cancel the name print on the jersies lads. :pac:

Jose full of praise for Mata saying he stiffled Shaw by helping Branna at RB.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2013/12/02/chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-showers-juan-mata-with-praise/111066/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Courtois wins goalkeeper of the year in Spain

peteeeed wrote: »
    Courtois win goalkeeper of the year in Spain

Truly deserved it as well, now,what ever we do can we please get him the number 1 jersey for next year ffs or at the very least let him have a fair chance at Cech.

Next 3 game league games are Sunderland, Stoke (away) and Palace (home)

I know its stupid setting points totals but anything less then 9 points would be a huge waste, it would set us up nicely for the Arsenal game at the Emirates.

In the same period, Arsenal have Hull, Everton (home) and Man City (Away)

I'd expect Arsenal to take at least 6 points and maybe 7 from these games, as long as we win our 3 games we'll be 2 points behind them once we go to the Emirates and you can forget the Capital One cup win, it counts for nothing when the league match will roll around.

Next 3 game league games are Sunderland, Stoke (away) and Palace (home)

I know its stupid setting points totals but anything less then 9 points would be a huge waste, it would set us up nicely for the Arsenal game at the Emirates.

In the same period, Arsenal have Hull, Everton (home) and Man City (Away)

I'd expect Arsenal to take at least 6 points and maybe 7 from these games, as long as we win our 3 games we'll be 2 points behind them once we go to the Emirates and you can forget the Capital One cup win, it counts for nothing when the league match will roll around.

6 maybe for the arse, man city will be too strong for more or less everyone at home , 9 would be nice for us , all about starts and taking 3 points at sunderland

6 maybe for the arse, man city will be too strong for more or less everyone at home , 9 would be nice for us , all about starts and taking 3 points at sunderland

Agree with all of it, it will take a very good team to go and get anything from City at home now that they've seemed to found their stride.

All we can do is try and stay ahead now that we've got a bit of a gap although a one game swing and we're behind them again.

I'd be surprised if Oscar starts tomorrow night, Mata has done well when hes played so start him in the hole and flank Schurrle/Willian and Hazard either side of him and we should terrorise Sunderland, Ba will be oushing Nando for a start but for me hes a great impact from the bench then he is starting as he seems to want it more and play with more intensity compared to when he starts, other then that the team picks itself really.

Cech
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Lamps (i know) Ramires
    Schurrle Mata Hazard
    Torres

Remember talks of this guy coming for 30-40million a few years ago?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/446352/Corinthians-reject-6-6m-offer-from-Arsenal-for-Tottenham-target-Alexandre-Pato

I cant see him leaving though, not before the WC, if he stays in Brazil and eprforms he'll give himself a great chance of making the WC squad, on the flip side he'd be a risk but a cheeky bid of about 8-10million, similar to Ba's move, wouldnt break any bank and if he stays injury free he'd be an asset.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Remember talks of this guy coming for 30-40million a few years ago?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/446352/Corinthians-reject-6-6m-offer-from-Arsenal-for-Tottenham-target-Alexandre-Pato

I cant see him leaving though, not before the WC, if he stays in Brazil and eprforms he'll give himself a great chance of making the WC squad, on the flip side he'd be a risk but a cheeky bid of about 8-10million, similar to Ba's move, wouldnt break any bank and if he stays injury free he'd be an asset.
    Wenger has rubbished the story at his press conference earlier.
    Hard to know what happened him. Was a tremendous talent.

• Advertisement

jose's press conf for sunderland
    "David Luiz is not back in training yet, he's still with the medical department, I hope to have him back soon so I can rotate.

Samuel Eto'o is back in training and could feature at Sunderland but Oscar is unavailable tomorrow.

"Cole will start one of these next two games, or against Steaua. Professionally he's a team player so he deserves to play.

"There is a lot to play for in Dec and Jan, we will see if one of the top six opens a real gap (at the top)."

"Eden Hazard is doing his job and working hard to improve certain qualities of his game. He's learning and I'm happy with him."

"We can't speak about favourites but all the six teams are title contenders."

"We play Sunderland and Stoke, two teams who are better than the points they have, so they will be hard games."

"There is still a lot of progress to be made, we need to make the pressure of fighting for the title natural."

"In my career I've only finished first and second and if I'm not there I don't feel comfortable."

Jose: "Sunderland are in a moment where one point doesn't make a big difference, they need a win."

amiable wrote: »
    Wenger has rubbished the story at his press conference earlier.
    Hard to know what happened him. Was a tremendous talent.

Injuries at Milan didnt help, i thought he was going hiome to make the WC squad but some many Brazilians now are playing at a level in Europe that they're impossible to overlook, there isnt too many players playing in Brazil/Argentina that will get into the squad.

As I said if the figure of 10million was true its a gamble but one that could work out.

I seen another article linking Cavani with an exit but I think thats a load of balls.

jose's press conf for sunderland
    "David Luiz is not back in training yet, he's still with the medical department, I hope to have him back soon so I can rotate.

Samuel Eto'o is back in training and could feature at Sunderland but Oscar is unavailable tomorrow.

"Cole will start one of these next two games, or against Steaua. Professionally he's a team player so he deserves to play.

"There is a lot to play for in Dec and Jan, we will see if one of the top six opens a real gap (at the top)."

"Eden Hazard is doing his job and working hard to improve certain qualities of his game. He's learning and I'm happy with him."

"We can't speak about favourites but all the six teams are title contenders."

"We play Sunderland and Stoke, two teams who are better than the points they have, so they will be hard games."

"There is still a lot of progress to be made, we need to make the pressure of fighting for the title natural."

"In my career I've only finished first and second and if I'm not there I don't feel comfortable."

Jose: "Sunderland are in a moment where one point doesn't make a big difference, they need a win."

Good bits of info, I dont think he'll change Azp now, I'd nearly wait until Steaua, its a dead rubber and we should win and wont be as demanding as Sunderland or Stoke, Eto'o the same, wait until an easier game is around, Steaua.

Luiz coming back will bolster our CM and CB options.

I'd like to see Mata Hazard and Schurrle against Sunderland and I'd want Hazard to score more, he creates plenty of opportunities, most in the league actually but he still has plenty of room for improvement and development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I Think he's getting plssed off with being called 'Dave'
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNA7XRvFDjU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Could be covered is Lukaku looking for a transfer from chelsea?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/lukaku-will-ask-to-stay-at-everton-if-they-make-champions-league-29798236.html

Stupid thing to say if you want to start next year or is is looking for reassurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Tomorrow will be 14 years to the day that Sunderland beat Chelsea 4-1. A game that Gus Poyet played in. The omens are looking good for us :pac:

Nah, comfortable 2 goal win for you tomorrow I think.

duploelabs wrote: »
    I Think he's getting plssed off with being called 'Dave'
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNA7XRvFDjU

Dave it is then. :pac:

I think he just doesnt get the banter. :)
    Paully D wrote: »
    Tomorrow will be 14 years to the day that Sunderland beat Chelsea 4-1. A game that Gus Poyet played in. The omens are looking good for us :pac:

Nah, comfortable 2 goal win for you tomorrow I think.

I dunno, our away form is impossible to predict ad thats putting it mildly.

Ye'll still be in the game at HT thats for sure.

Chelsea have won 16 of 17 EPL games against Sunderland, the game they beat us was at the Bridge, 3-0 as well iirc.

Fernando Torres has scored more times against Sunderland than any other side in the Premier League with six goals in seven starts including three in his last three visits to the Stadium of Light.

Jose on Lukaku :
    Mourinho also expressed surprise that striker Romelu Lukaku, on loan at Everton, has stated he may remain at Goodison Park next season.

"Maybe there is a new rule in football, where, when the season is finished, every player is free to decide his future," he said.

• Advertisement

Jose on De Bruyne :
    'Kevin is showing desire and working very hard. I feel sorry for him that I haven't given him big opportunities up to now but he's working better than ever. Of course, he's sad when he's not selected or not playing, but he's working in a very professional way, which is a change from the beginning.

'When he works the way he's working he has to play sooner or later. For tonight he's selected so he has a chance to play and in this block of games, for sure, he has to start matches.

'I like him as a player and I've learned now how to like him as a kid because he's a good kid and he's showing now he's a good professional, so hopefully I can give him enough time on the pitch so he can be happy.

'I understand he needs to play a bit more but it's the area of the pitch where we have more options, but I am speaking with him and we are working on that. He can also play as a midfielder when we play with a triangle, he did that for Werder Bremen, so hopefully we can find more options for Kevin to play because I like him very much.'

Well its a huge problem for us, a good problem but a huge one.

Potentially, next year we'd have 2 of the top 10 keepers in the world looking to start.

Jose knows Cech, trusts Cech and has worked with him for what, about 3 years now, hes also seen Courtois in his 2 seasons at Real and perform in the derbies against Real.

I hope hes brought back and both can fight it out for the jersey in pre-season.

Well its a huge problem for us, a good problem but a huge one.

Potentially, next year we'd have 2 of the top 10 keepers in the world looking to start.

Jose knows Cech, trusts Cech and has worked with him for what, about 3 years now, hes also seen Courtois in his 2 seasons at Real and perform in the derbies against Real.

I hope hes brought back and both can fight it out for the jersey in pre-season.

a pre-season battle like when cech joined with cudicini would have been ideal but with belgium in the world cup , cech will play all the pre-season games with one of the current crop of back up keepers we have

a pre-season battle like when cech joined with cudicini would have been ideal but with belgium in the world cup , cech will play all the pre-season games with one of the current crop of back up keepers we have

True but if Courtois impresses even more at the WC and Belguim get into the latter stages of the WC I'd be starting him, for such a young g.k. he has huge potential, even more then when cech 1st came to us IMO.

True but if Courtois impresses even more at the WC and Belguim get into the latter stages of the WC I'd be starting him, for such a young g.k. he has huge potential, even more then when cech 1st came to us IMO.

i think he has to be looked at as the no.1 next season, i still have this feeling that cech will leave next summer to barcelona

• Advertisement

i think he has to be looked at as the no.1 next season, i still have this feeling that cech will leave next summer to barcelona

We still need a decent number 2, Schwarzer isnt viable and Blackman isnt good enough.

I do think next year we'll have both Cech and Courtois and who ever wins the battle will be kept and the other sold.

Ideally its Cech, the big man is club legend but he has a decade left in him but Courtois is the future, I'd sell him to anyone but Barca too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Chelsea team to face @SAFCofficial: Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Lampard; Willian, Mata, Hazard; Torres. #CFC

Very happy with that team!

Mata starting is a huge vote of confidence, if he can play well, which he should, then he has a chance to play more games.

'Mon the Mata.

3-1 Im guessing

Subs :
    Schwarzer, Cole, Essien, Mikel, Schurrle, De Bruyne, Ba.

Sunderland :
    Mannone, Bardsley, Dossena, O'Shea, Brown, Ki, Colback, Gardner, Borini, Giaccherini Altidore.

• Advertisement

Mata starting is a huge vote of confidence, if he can play well, which he should, then he has a chance to play more games.

'Mon the Mata.

3-1 Im guessing

And will play in the middle too , big chance to run the game

And will play in the middle too , big chance to run the game

Himself and Willian have a chance to stake a claim to the starting XI slots, hopefully De Bruyne gets about 20-25 mins if we're up.

whohoo! early goal conceded!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

whohoo! early goal conceded!:rolleyes:

Just getting it out of the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭tigger123

GET IN!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Essien wrote: »
    Just getting it out of the way.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Some sloppy passing just before half time. Don't fall asleep FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Hope Hazard has another great half. delighted with the turnaround and hope they won't give stoke a lead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Oh Nando.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement