Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

effin Torres!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Just incredible. A different class.

Hazard stunna!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

One of the best individual performances I have ever seen.

torres not happy being subbed. make sure he avoided Jose by the looks of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

What have i missed, just catching the score now

Get in, job done.

Oops.

spurs losing and Utd drawing, this is a great night so far.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Liverpool 4-0 up, the Suarez show apparently.

f**k sake thats comical defending :mad:

If we draw this game......

Everton 1 - 0 up we have to win

Hold on fffs we need these 3 points

That was very lucky, our defence is terrible

• Advertisement

Utd lose at home to Everton :pac:

Yaaaay 3 points, cant wait for the highlights

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

New Pants please after that ! smashing 3 points , that Sunderland team wont be bottom for too long

Was that reaction from Jose at the end, relief or anger? Or both? They switched off at times and TSO won't tolerate that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

That was a difficult last 10 :eek:

a rather entertaining game. Full credit to Sunderland, they fought like lions up to the final whistle.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Was that reaction from Jose at the end, relief or anger? Or both? They switched off at times and TSO won't tolerate that.

Both I'd say, major relief, we let them get in 2 dangerous balls in the last 5mins and it could have fallen to anybody to equalise.

That Sunderland team will stay up if they play like that week in week out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Comical defending at set pieces but to be honest I'm just happy to get the win and move on.

Hazard was unreal tonight. Best display from him in a Chelsea shirt.

The Utd fans must be going mental, 12 points off top is alot this early, I still wouldnt write them off though.

Time is MOTD on at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

what a nuts game, hazard was out of this world , 3 sloppy goals to give away but what the hay , 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Delighted with the win. The choice of strikers have to be eto, ba, Mikel and then torres. Great game but sloppy goals given away.

I'll take 3 points all day anyway, no finger nails left after that finish.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The Utd fans must be going mental, 12 points off top is alot this early, I still wouldnt write them off though.

I really want to and I really think I should but they've just burned us all on so many occasions before. I'll wait till they're 12 behind with 3 games left.

• Advertisement

Essien wrote: »
    I really want to and I really think I should but they've just burned us all on so many occasions before. I'll wait till they're 12 behind with 3 games left.

As Jose said everyone will drop points, its Utds turn tonight, it could well be ours against Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Time is MOTD on at?

2235hrs http://www.bbc.co.uk/tv/guide

Next 2 games are crucial, defending a side, winning and seeing out results is what we need to do. There was times when we had breaks at 4-3 where a better ball was played and we were in.

That ruthlessness is what we need to see and we've to keep pace with Arsenal, City and Liverpool

From the Telegraph's match report on Man Utd vs. Everton:

Lukaku, the Belgian forward on loan from Chelsea, was unplayable at times, with his pace and power proving too much even for Nemanja Vidic, United’s warhorse captain, who was tormented by the young striker.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    From the Telegraph's match report on Man Utd vs. Everton:

Lukaku, the Belgian forward on loan from Chelsea, was unplayable at times, with his pace and power proving too much even for Nemanja Vidic, United’s warhorse captain, who was tormented by the young striker.

Great to hear, he really is a big unit and if used properly next season he'll be a beast.

No game time for de Bruyne, the game wasnt there for him, he'll play against Palace or Stoke IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hazard was absolutely unreal, our defending was shocking at times.

Just seen motd. Hazard showing what hes capable when hes on his game. He needs more performances like that, more consistency. His assist for frank was sublime.

In other news suarez got 3 great goals out of a tally of 4. That liverpool game will be tasty.

Also rhe defending was terrible. 3set pieces as well or at least as a result of set pieces. Needs to be sorted asap.

• Advertisement

In other news suarez got 3 great goals out of a tally of 4. That liverpool game will be tasty.

i had him as captain in my FF team

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Our defending is a little dodgy at times but they beat City so are no mugs, Gus seems to be getting something out of them (after Di Canio not surprising really) would be a little surprised if they go down.

It has often been asked of teams do they have the bottle to go to places like Sunderland on a cold winters evening and come away with a result. Well we have that resolve at least - a long way from a finished article but we are getting there. It is just as well we have a good keeper and a good midfield because our defence is suspect and our strikers are ... poor be a PC way of describing it.

Stoke are not the Stoke of old so maybe at last let Ivan contemplate the meaning of life, put Dave in as RB and Ash back in at LB I really think that would help our defence no end Ivan is having an awful season thus far.

peteeeed wrote: »

I'd be very surprised if Monaco loaned him out, without him they'll struggle to get Champs League football IMO.
    Our defending is a little dodgy at times but they beat City so are no mugs, Gus seems to be getting something out of them (after Di Canio not surprising really) would be a little surprised if they go down.

It has often been asked of teams do they have the bottle to go to places like Sunderland on a cold winters evening and come away with a result. Well we have that resolve at least - a long way from a finished article but we are getting there. It is just as well we have a good keeper and a good midfield because our defence is suspect and our strikers are ... poor be a PC way of describing it.

Stoke are not the Stoke of old so maybe at last let Ivan contemplate the meaning of life, put Dave in as RB and Ash back in at LB I really think that would help our defence no end Ivan is having an awful season thus far.

I only seen Torres miss after Hazard or was it Lamps shot, it wasnt an easy chance but for a professional he shoudl have done better.

Hazard was out of this world though and hopefully he can maintain that form for us as it puts him right up there as one of the best in the league when hes on it.

Hes still only 22 and what a talent he is, he easily has the ability to be our greatest ever player if he sticks around and arguably hes currently our best player.

With the two last night hes now our top scorer in the league with 6.

It has been mentioned before but how about moving for Kurt Zouma?

He recently though was invovled in a horror tackle and got a 10 game ban but he has earned some rave reviews and at 19 he ahs plenty of time to improve and settle into the CB role.

Getting in Zouma and Shaw would add huge balance to our team, we'd be going for a very young back line but the guys are very talented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Was at the game last night, Sunderland season ticket holder sitting below the away fans.

Chelsea fans were getting some stick about only having 1/2 chants, the Chelsea Chelsea one and one about hating Tottenham.

I couldn't help but laugh when Bardsley scored that own goal, loads of Sunderland fans started leaving and the Chelsea fans broke into a chorus of 'is there a fire drill' ,well played!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

It has been mentioned before but how about moving for Kurt Zouma?

He recently though was invovled in a horror tackle and got a 10 game ban but he has earned some rave reviews and at 19 he ahs plenty of time to improve and settle into the CB role.

Getting in Zouma and Shaw would add huge balance to our team, we'd be going for a very young back line but the guys are very talented.

Maybe long-term but I wouldn't be in a rush to throw another body into the defensive mix in January.

Most of our problems at the back seem to stem from disorganisation, as in the three set-piece goals conceded last night - we've proven defenders, but they seem to be switching off or unclear about their roles at critical times.

• Advertisement

Was at the game last night, Sunderland season ticket holder sitting below the away fans.

Chelsea fans were getting some stick about only having 1/2 chants, the Chelsea Chelsea one and one about hating Tottenham.

I couldn't help but laugh when Bardsley scored that own goal, loads of Sunderland fans started leaving and the Chelsea fans broke into a chorus of 'is there a fire drill' ,well played!

The Willian chant is a great one, theres also an eEden Hazard one that goes to the chorus of 2Unlimited's - No Limit, that probably got a balst last night.

TBF the away fans always travel in decent numbers.
    geeky wrote: »
    Maybe long-term but I wouldn't be in a rush to throw another body into the defensive mix in January.

Most of our problems at the back seem to stem from disorganisation, as in the three set-piece goals conceded last night - we've proven defenders, but they seem to be switching off or unclear about their roles at critical times.

Oh no, I'm not saying sign him in January, we'd have to go in during the summer, Zouma might make the France WC squad too, not that he'll play.

hes managed to get a lot of attention from the biggest in Europe so any signing of Zouma would depends on what the player wants himself.

I remember the shoe being on the other foot at Stamford Bridge a few seasons ago. Dark days indeed.

Essien wrote: »
    I remember the shoe being on the other foot at Stamford Bridge a few seasons ago. Dark days indeed.

Was that an AVB game or Carlo?

I just remember we were sh*te, wasnt it Onouha, Welbeck and Richardson with the goals?

Jose on Hazard,
    ‘Sometimes he does incredible things, then he disappears from the game, a bit like a kid enjoying it. Today he was fantastic throughout. So was Mata.’

By all accounts Willian was also said to have had a good game.

I wouldnt be rushing Oscar abck anyway, in the 3 that started last night we have pace, trcikery and sublime talent with an eye for the spectacular.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement