Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Oh and Lamps made it 208 Chelsea goals last night.

His 5th of the season and 4th in the league, hes still on course for another 10+ EPL goals a season return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Was that an AVB game or Carlo?

I just remember we were sh*te, wasnt it Onouha, Welbeck and Richardson with the goals?

Carlo.

Yes, Yes and Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

By all accounts Willian was also said to have had a good game.

I wouldnt be rushing Oscar abck anyway, in the 3 that started last night we have pace, trcikery and sublime talent with an eye for the spectacular.

willian played really well

Iapart from defending set pieces better, I suppose the same team should start away to Stoke.

They're a better team then what they were on Pulis though so its not a gimme 3 points by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

our defence is very poor, how many clean sheets have we managed this season. I dont think we will buy much, if anything,in January but if we can get hold of a few decent defenders then really we should

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

A Left FB and we're sorted! Put Azp on the right. Rest the Ivan for the slightly less important games, start trying out one or two of the youths. Sorted.

My ideal purchases for the summer would be Rakitic or Gundogbia for CM, even a sneaky bid for afully fit Sahin would be an improvment on what we have.

LB I cant see past Shaw, for CB I'd love Zouma or Papodolious (sp) from Schalke but there was questions about his fitness when Liverpool were in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Since there's problems in the CM area i wonder will Jose keep Chalobah when his loan expires in January ? He'd surely be an addition to what's there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

our defence is very poor, how many clean sheets have we managed this season. I dont think we will buy much, if anything,in January but if we can get hold of a few decent defenders then really we should
    Although only Arsenal have a significantly better defensive record in the prem, our defence doesn't inspire confidence. If we continue to concede a goal a game, we're going to drop too many points over the course of the season to win the title.

It doesn't bode well for the UCL knockouts either, where a tight result will decide it at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

McDave wrote: »
    Although only Arsenal have a significantly better defensive record in the prem, our defence doesn't inspire confidence. If we continue to concede a goal a game, we're going to drop too many points over the course of the season to win the title.

It doesn't bode well for the UCL knockouts either, where a tight result will decide it at some point.

Why the lack of confidence in the Arsenal defence ? For historical reasons or problems that you've spotted on the pitch that teams haven't yet exploited ?

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Why the lack of confidence in the Arsenal defence ? For historical reasons or problems that you've spotted on the pitch that teams haven't yet exploited ?
    ?

I said only Arsenal have a better defensive record than CFC in the Prem. (Arsenal's record isn't bad). At first sight that might seem like we're not far off the pace. But we're leaking goals at a rate of one a game. That puts some onus on scoring to get points. It's a bad starting position. And with our defence as it stands we don't look like improving on our record later in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Since there's problems in the CM area i wonder will Jose keep Chalobah when his loan expires in January ? He'd surely be an addition to what's there

Is he even first choice at Forest? Genuine question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

?

I said only Arsenal have a better defensive record than CFC in the Prem. (Arsenal's record isn't bad). At first sight that might seem like we're not far off the pace. But we're leaking goals at a rate of one a game. That puts some onus on scoring to get points. It's a bad starting position. And with our defence as it stands we don't look like improving on our record later in the season.

Sorry completely mis-read your post :o Carry on and I'll scuttle back to the Arsenal thread :)

amiable wrote: »

Not really applicable depends upon what the manager feels he needs at any given time. Mata does not seem to be first choice at Chelsea at the minute but would be in most any other team. So are Chalobah and Mata the same as each other.

From what I have seen of Chalobah he is good enough for a bench spot at least and I wonder if MvG had got injured before he went on loan to Forest would he have been allowed go?

It's the whole balance thing that worries me too we are conceding late goals when previously you never thought that would happen and Petr is getting plenty of opportunity to practice his art. For sure our defence is not good enough for a sustained UCL run (but I would have said that 2 years ago as well to be fair). If Luiz shows the discipline he can then when he returns from injury we may be better not going to put a huge amount of money on that though.

When hes on his game like last night we've nobody that can match his level, not even Mata, I've love and respect for Mata but Hazard is simply amazing.

He just needs consistency and people will talk about him like Aguero, Suarez, RVP, all the talented top quality players in this league and beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Not really applicable depends upon what the manager feels he needs at any given time. Mata does not seem to be first choice at Chelsea at the minute but would be in most any other team. So are Chalobah and Mata the same as each other.

From what I have seen of Chalobah he is good enough for a bench spot at least and I wonder if MvG had got injured before he went on loan to Forest would he have been allowed go?

Of course it's applicable. Suggesting otherwise is naive or biased and pointless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Lads the Willian chant is un-real :)

The ***** from Spurs,
    They bought his flight,
    But Willian, he saw the light,
    He got the call from Abramovich
    And off he went to Stamford Bridge,
    HE HATES TOTTENHAM,
    HE HATES TOTTENHAM!

One of our better chants in recent times IMO :)

• Advertisement

Of course it's applicable. Suggesting otherwise is naive or biased and pointless

At least I gave a reason as to why I feel it is not applicable. I do love your groundless sweeping statements.

Tough game against Stoke tomorrow, they moved on from the terrible football of Pulis but theyre not much better off, in reality we should win but where have we heard that before?

We'll have to grind out aother victory up at Stoke before we've Palace at home next.

Decent little read about our threat from Midfield.

Indeed Gav though I think you could have expanded somewhat... :pac:

Indeed Gav though I think you could have expanded somewhat... :pac:

Without quoting the whole article I said I'd be vague so ye could click and read. :P

Joses first season Frank was a huge threat and Drogba got 16, I'd kill for one of the midfielders to get 19 goals and Eto/Ba/Torres to get 16. :pac:

what a suprise, setanta are showing liverpool

• Advertisement

Tough game against Stoke tomorrow, they moved on from the terrible football of Pulis but theyre not much better off, in reality we should win but where have we heard that before?

We'll have to grind out aother victory up at Stoke before we've Palace at home next.

Enjoyed last seasons match up there, would say Walters would love to forget it though.

Stoke are getting tied up very much in the relegation dog fight and Sparkey has a job on his hands there. But in defense they have some skill as well as a world class keeper and if anyone can get Ireland playing again you would have thought it would be Sparkey. And if he does he is a good player as well.

That being said we should be 2 goals better than them, I wonder though how many we will concede?

Jut over in the Arsenal thread, their next few fixtures.

Everton (H)
    Manchester City (A)
    Chelsea (H)
    West Ham (A)
    Newcastle (A)
    Cardiff (H)

Ours isnt great but we can pick up points, ou games int he same period.

Stoke (a)
    Palace (h)
    Arsenal (a)
    Swansea (a)
    Liverpool (h)
    Southampton (a)

peteeeed wrote: »
    what a suprise, setanta are showing liverpool

Shame they are not showing the Saints City game that could be interesting, Saints in a bit of a dive recently need to pick it up. Makes tomorrow easy for me then Heineken Cup all the way then and watch the Chelsea game on Sky later.

My God I have no idea what this guy is smoking but it is seriously happy place inducing!!

http://www.chelseadaft.org/2013/12/both-falcao-and-lewandowski-to-sign-for.html?

Heres the article I never copied : http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/12/05/4452557/mythbuster-why-misfiring-strikers-are-not-affecting-chelseas

:pac:

• Advertisement

My God I have no idea what this guy is smoking but it is seriously happy place inducing!!

http://www.chelseadaft.org/2013/12/both-falcao-and-lewandowski-to-sign-for.html?

That guy reckons we'll get Falcao on loan to tide us over for the rest of the season and in the summer we'll have signed Lewandoski on a free?

:pac:

Its very early to be hitting the boozer.

thought messi and ronaldo were coming too ??

Alonso still hasnt signed a contract with Real has he? He'd be a decent 2 year stop gap for our CM.

It'll be interesting to see if Mata or Willian are dropped for Schurrle.

I'd said we wont see any changes from the XI that started against Sunderland but if we stop giving away stupid goals we should be comfortable.

We've gone behind in a few games this season and we've done really well to come back to win but we cant do that all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

From what I've heard Forest fans aren't happy with Chalobah's performances at all.

I dont think Chaloblah has played many games for Forest, certainly not in the last 2 months, hes reguarly starting from the bench.

I know Chelsea are very unhappy with the game time he is seeing and as such it is almost certain he will be either coming back to the Bridge or going to Leeds when the loan spell ends in January.

I dont think hes good enough to start for us yet so a loan where he'll play a good % of the games would benefit him and us.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

I know Chelsea are very unhappy with the game time he is seeing and as such it is almost certain he will be either coming back to the Bridge or going to Leeds when the loan spell ends in January.

Dirty Leeds - no way, can't happen :eek:

jose sunderland press conference

Mourinho confirms that Luiz is out of tomorrow's game, Eto'o is back, and Oscar is better but he's not sure whether he will play

stoke have very good players, a very physical team'.

'This week is a hard week, especially playing on a Sunday, and then finishing playing again on a Saturday.'

'The players will have Sunday off, as it's important for them to rest.'

on the Sunderland game: 'It's a good feeling when you are in trouble and you survive.'

'We want to improve, we want to win the next match. Hopefully at the end of the season we will be there fighting.'

• Advertisement

Was there no press conference today.....

Was there no press conference today.....

up above :)

Team will probably remain the same if Luiz is out and Oscar is a doubt.

Think I read a stat recently where Jose has yet to lose a league game in December, it would be brilliant to keep that up this year.

Think I read a stat recently where Jose has yet to lose a league game in December, it would be brilliant to keep that up this year.

they said it on MOTD the other night i think,
    willian did enough to retain the middle of the 3 role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Just like when I'd that dodgy curry, I can smell a run coming on

duploelabs wrote: »
    Just like when I'd that dodgy curry, I can smell a run coming on

Great analogy but December is very tough, if we go unbeaten we'll be doing very well, trips to Swansea and Arsenal as well as Liverpool at the Bridge.

In the last 3 games theyve 2 wins and a draw against us at the Bridge, our last victory was 09/10.

Team that night :

Hilario,
    Ivanovic, Carvalho, Terry, Ashley Cole,
    Ballack, Essien, Lampard,
    Anelka, Deco,
    Drogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Alonso still hasnt signed a contract with Real has he? He'd be a decent 2 year stop gap for our CM.
    He was mentioned in this regard when Jose was being mooted for CFC last summer. If Lampard just isn't stacking up in Jose's eyes, Alonso could easily come back into the frame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

For anyone out n about today (as i have to be:( ) Absolute Radio are covering today's match at Stoke. I get it via the Tune In Radio App.

Scrap that. Won't work due to contractual somethings.

• Advertisement

What we hoping for today, team wise?

Same as Sunderland I assume?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement