Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Tax Payment - No Access to the internet

Options
  • 26-11-2013 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

How do people who do not have access to the internet indicate how they will pay the property tax?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Bobby06 wrote: »
    How do people who do not have access to the internet indicate how they will pay the property tax?

they send the letter in the post for which the deadline is ALREADY PAST.

Or they go to their local library where they can get free internet or to an internet café.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭cali_eire

I just read this, apparently they are extending the deadline for online filing for people who unsuccessfully tried to reach the helpline.

"A spokeswoman for Revenue said last night that any taxpayer who failed to get through to the helpline and left a message will be deemed to have filed their returns on time, even if they fail to meet today’s deadline."

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/property-tax-deadline-extended-as-helpline-inundated-1.1608594

cali_eire wrote: »
    I just read this, apparently they are extending the deadline for online filing for people who unsuccessfully tried to reach the helpline.

"A spokeswoman for Revenue said last night that any taxpayer who failed to get through to the helpline and left a message will be deemed to have filed their returns on time, even if they fail to meet today’s deadline."

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/property-tax-deadline-extended-as-helpline-inundated-1.1608594

yes but that does not answer the OPs question. The postal deadline has already passed so they have no choice but use the online option.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭cali_eire

D3PO wrote: »
    yes but that does not answer the OPs question. The postal deadline has already passed so they have no choice but use the online option.
    I get that .... but I just wanted him/others to be aware that if they can seek a computer out that it seems there is some flexibility in the deadline at this point. Have a nice day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

The revenue will still accept postal forms - they are hardly going to send it back!
    The "deadlines" are just soemthing to aim for .

• Advertisement

Ogham wrote: »
    The revenue will still accept postal forms - they are hardly going to send it back!
    The "deadlines" are just soemthing to aim for .

I never indicated they would send them back, however although unlikely you are open to having interest penalties applied for missing the deadline. I doubt they would do so but it is an avenue open to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

D3PO wrote: »
    I never indicated they would send them back, however although unlikely you are open to having interest penalties applied for missing the deadline. I doubt they would do so but it is an avenue open to them.

Nonsense, the reason they have a deadline in the first place is to get peoples attention. You are only informing them how you will pay they can't charge interest, penalties on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bobby06 wrote: »
    Love the irony of asking this question ON THE INTERNET

Advertisement