Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management company updated our gates.....

Options
  • 26-11-2013 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Our management company updated the gate's system for the car park without notice to us owners. Since then our existing fobs haven't been working. After talking to the company today they acknowledge the system was updated and told us if want the updated fobs we have to pay 75 euro. This seems a bit extortionate to me so at the moment I'm looking online for programmable fobs.
    I don't think we would have a problem with this if the management company informed us of what was going on. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Contact the directors of the management company and complain. You can find their details on the CRO website.

I assume you mean that the management agent changed the gate system, since YOU are a member of the management company.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Are you sure they didn't notify? That seems really heavy handed. I've heard of companies changing things up as a method to get management fees from recalcitrant payers. I'd expect them to provide one free fob to each apartment but the €75 for subsequent fobs wouldn't be out of line. They cost a fair bit and can't just give them out at will.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

You can buy programmable fobs on eBay for €5. We bought some for our gates. Very easy to programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

You can buy programmable fobs on eBay for €5. We bought some for our gates. Very easy to programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭madamab

Yes we are in the process of having ours updated - some kind of mobile phone system in place. We can monitor who goes in and out as there has been vandalism in the basement - it also will weed out the people not paying their management fees and their space will be withdrawn - the tenant if it is a tenant will need to get on to the landlord to sort it out. Then an agreement can be reached regarding outstanding fees.

• Advertisement
Advertisement