Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City centre to Dunshaughlin Driving Travel Time

Options
  • 26-11-2013 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on what is the best driving route for getting from the Ballsbridge area out through the city to Dunshaughlin during the evening peak time? I would like to avoid tolls.

All suggestions welcome!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

Through Town, up the quays, through the park and out on to the N3 and out to Dunshaughlin

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭davyd07

endasmail wrote: »
    Through Town, up the quays, through the park and out on to the N3 and out to Dunshaughlin

The North Road through the park? I tried up the quays and out through Stoneybatter yesterday and it was a disaster. Used to go over Beckett Bridge and on out North Circular but that has gone really slow too. Macken Street on approach to the bridge is a killer too.

i wouldn go near stoneybatter
    Up along Guiness on the quays, over the liffey aand up through the phoenix park

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭davyd07

Thanks. What does traffic be like in the park? Which exit would you take? Exiting onto the Ashtown roundabout? The best I can manage at the moment is about an hour from Ballsbridge. I had hoped I could get it down to 45 minutes or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

50 mins to an hour, Pearse st, Gardner st, Phibsborough N3..

• Advertisement

davyd07 wrote: »
    Thanks. What does traffic be like in the park? Which exit would you take? Exiting onto the Ashtown roundabout? The best I can manage at the moment is about an hour from Ballsbridge. I had hoped I could get it down to 45 minutes or so.

you will always be in and around 50-60 mins in evening traffic unfortunetly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Maysa07 wrote: »
    50 mins to an hour, Pearse st, Gardner st, Phibsborough N3..

N3 Navan Rd does be mental around 4.30-6 and Pease St, though I haven't used it in a while, is usually mental!!!

The Quays, through the park, out the back of Ashtown and come out at Brigids GAA club/Travel Lodge would be my way but you won't get less than 50/60 mins if there's any traffic at all

Advertisement