Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cicada 3301

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭briany

bogwalrus wrote: »
    Any people here get involved or have any ideas about the origins?

Here is a link to a recent article in The telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet/10468112/The-internet-mystery-that-has-the-world-baffled.html

Very interesting!

I think that you'd have to be a serious hacker to even get into Cicada 3301. I like that it's pretty much a mystery. A government intelligence organisation could be behind it but it would be disappointing if they were because then it would just be some program that could be cut at any time, subject to beaurocracy and helping to make the world a sh*ttier place whereas if it were some group of computer hackers, it could potentially go on forever and becoming ever more of a mystery. Something we could speculate on endlessly, and I think it's the latter that would be more fun.

Advertisement