Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on Melbourne

Options
  • 27-11-2013 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone. Myself and my better half are moving to Melbourne at the start of Feb, was looking for some up to date info on jobs, places to live, etc.

We both have degrees and she's in the food industry while I've a years financial services exp. (funds) & 2 years telecoms/property. We're seeking a new challenge so looking for something solid with perhaps the possibility of sponsorship (how tough is the market there at the moment?).

We've heard St Kilda/Elwood are the best places to live for the Irish but we're open to other suggestions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Lived in St Kilda for a while. Absolutely beautiful spot. Lovely Beach and some Nice bars and cafes too. Its quiet handy to get into the City too on the Tram.

I also lived in slighty outside St Kilda on Near Balacalva road. It was a Jewish Area and a slight bit cheaper than central St Kilda to live in. Again it was a nice spot and Lovely to live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Here's a really good thread on Melbourne suburbs
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72661522

Advertisement