Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic Golf Trolley company recommendation

Options
  • 27-11-2013 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

This is my first ever post so bare with me!

I really want to buy an electronic golf trolley for my boyfriend for Christmas...understandably they are pretty expensive brand new, but as it's a gift I don't want to purchase second hand.

I came across this Irish website www.powergolf.ie which appears to have a pretty good standard electronic golf trolley reasonable priced too, that I would think would be great for my boyfriend who doesn't golf all that often but I know would golf more if he owned one of these.

Has anyone ever heard of the company...it appears they are based in Drogheda but don't have a physical 'shop', all business done online, so I'm a little sceptical. Can't find any reviews online. Any help would be great!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

I don't use one myself but I've heard powakaddy are a really good make. Most good golf stores will stock them and give a demo. Look up store locator for halpenny golf, mc guirks or American golf. I would suggest buy brand new and get a warranty incase it packs in after a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shellboteire

Thank you for a swift reply!
    I've tried all the shops you've suggested before but those brands are all out of my price range...your talking a starting point of €400...a little out of my budget for that one present.
    I've found a really good one on Woodies.ie that's half price :cool: so I'm going to run with that!:)

Many thanks for your help again!
    Shellbot

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

This is my first ever post so bare with me!

I really want to buy an electronic golf trolley for my boyfriend for Christmas...understandably they are pretty expensive brand new, but as it's a gift I don't want to purchase second hand.

I came across this Irish website www.powergolf.ie which appears to have a pretty good standard electronic golf trolley reasonable priced too, that I would think would be great for my boyfriend who doesn't golf all that often but I know would golf more if he owned one of these.

Has anyone ever heard of the company...it appears they are based in Drogheda but don't have a physical 'shop', all business done online, so I'm a little sceptical. Can't find any reviews online. Any help would be great!

:)

If you search the golf forum, there are lots of threads on "bargain priced" trolleys and the consensus is that you are better off with branded. All trolleys will require replacement parts at some stage and it is a lot easier to source them if you go for powakaddy, motocaddy golfglider or similar.

Don't shy away from buying secondhand either. Us golfers love bargains. Very good trolleys come up on donedeal and adverts. I bought a secondhand powakaddy with lithium battery that would cost over €700 new for €250.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Jacknory

I bought a golf trolley from www.powergolf.ie last year and I found the service great and the guy was from Drogheda. Think his name was Simon and under questioning the reason for not having a shop is simply down to cost.

The branded trolley thing is irrelevant (this is just my opinion) as its the service that the seller provides which really will come in to play if something goes wrong. I got the same warranty from www.powergolf.ie as other providers gave so nothing different there. I damaged the battery when transporting it inside the first few months......granted it was completely my own fault but when I contacted Simon he gave me a replacement battery free of charge. I also found out that he was willing to take and replace my trolley within 2 years at a very low cost.

I haven't bought a trolley from anywhere else but will say that I had a good experience dealing with www.powergolf.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

Hi

Whatever u do dont buy the trolley from woodies.
    I used to sell these trollies in a store i worked in they are GARBAGE. Worst elec trolley to ever land in Ireland. Original supplier is gone out of business so parts are impossible to get when broken
    If u want an electric trolley u need to spend reasonable money between 350-500

Hope this helps u

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Go here - http://www.gokart.ie/

I have one of these and they're great. 18 hole battery has lasted 36 holes on numerous occasions, it's sturdy and very reliable. Highly recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭coleen

HI
    I have one of those power caddies bought on line. I have it for over a year now and i am very happy with it. I have had other caddies and find the battery on this to be very good.
    I have not had any issues in the year so cannot say about the after care service.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

SuprSi wrote: »
    Go here - http://www.gokart.ie/

I have one of these and they're great. 18 hole battery has lasted 36 holes on numerous occasions, it's sturdy and very reliable. Highly recommended

+ 1 on the Gokart. Great customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

golfguy1 wrote: »
    Hi

Whatever u do dont buy the trolley from woodies.
    I used to sell these trollies in a store i worked in they are GARBAGE. Worst elec trolley to ever land in Ireland. Original supplier is gone out of business so parts are impossible to get when broken
    If u want an electric trolley u need to spend reasonable money between 350-500

Hope this helps u

If it's a Mocad you're talking about then they're not actually out of business and it's an Irish company so parts and service are not an issue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I'm against plugging the same store over and over and frown when other users do........but......... pro golf in Athlone do refurbished Golf Gliders which are like new except cheaper. Come with a warranty as well. There is a good few of us on here using them for years and no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭Dbu

Have a mocad myself, its after 2 batteries at €70 a pop, and gears, switches etc etc. id avoid to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭golf_caddy

Another idea would be a 3 wheel push trolly. I traded in my powakaddy for a cliqgear trolly. Its very easy to assemble and pushing it round a flattish course is a doddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

golf_caddy wrote: »
    Another idea would be a 3 wheel push trolly. I traded in my powakaddy for a cliqgear trolly. Its very easy to assemble and pushing it round a flattish course is a doddle.

I'll second a push trolley, no worries about charging, batteries being replaced etc and they come at a fraction of the cost.
    You'd barely know you were pushing them unless you're on the side of a mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

wasnt on about mocad.
    Golfmotion is the trolley that has been on sale in for half price.
    Saying that mocad not the best option either.
    Golf glider who are based in dublin will sell new or refurbished with warranty are the most reliable in my view.

Advertisement