Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Dec Man U home

Options
  • 27-11-2013 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

Spurs to bouce back and win 2-1.

Though just as last weeks result wasn;t the end of the world a win over manu won't mean all our problems are sorted. It would be a great start and a statement of intent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Spurs to bouce back and win 2-1.

Though just as last weeks result wasn;t the end of the world a win over manu won't mean all our problems are sorted. It would be a great start and a statement of intent.
    I hope so, if we lose this Avb could be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Well we beat these and drew last season. Utd look out of sorts, but still champions. Rooney & RVP can also turn on the style.

My santa wish list as follows.

I would like the supporters to sing there hearts out.
    I would like us to play two up top.
    I would like to win, and win with swagger.
    I would like Soldado to score the perfect hat-trick.
    I would like to see AVB revert to those weird celebrations he used to do as the ball smashes in the net. And at full time to be brimming.

Line up I hope to see against Man U.

Loris.
    Walker Dawson Kaboul Verts
    Sandro

Lennon. Eriksen. Lamela
    Soldado. Adebeyor

If eriksen isn't fit swop for dembele and I would just put Dawson ahead of vlad for this one, up top even though I have no time for him as an individual, adebeyor could be more effective in partnership with soldado than Defoe for this one.

With that kind of a line up at least there is a chance of getting a goal. Avb needs to drive home a blanket ban on shots from outside the box for this one , get the ball to the front 2 every time .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Eriksen won't be available, yeah I'd stick Dembele in there but I have a feeling Siggy my get the nod and Ade will be on the bench (he's more likely to start tomorrow to gain match fitness). Chiriches at LB and Vertonghen in for Dawson.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

curraghyid wrote: »
    Line up I hope to see against Man U.

Loris.
    Walker Dawson Kaboul Verts
    Sandro

Lennon. Eriksen. Lamela
    Soldado. Adebeyor

If eriksen isn't fit swop for dembele and I would just put Dawson ahead of vlad for this one, up top even though I have no time for him as an individual, adebeyor could be more effective in partnership with soldado than Defoe for this one.

With that kind of a line up at least there is a chance of getting a goal. Avb needs to drive home a blanket ban on shots from outside the box for this one , get the ball to the front 2 every time .

I think that's going to be far too attacking, they will sit back and try and hit us on the break. We shouldn't panic, 4-4-2 isn't going to solve all our probs imo, Andros, lennon and lamella behind soldado should cause them plenty of probs, siggy being another good option who will be a goal threat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

curraghyid wrote: »

Seriously? can't see it happening no matter what the result. I'm not one of the "AVB best thing since sliced bread" brigade but no matter what happens he's here for the season at least. I'd go as far as to say that he'll still be in charge first game next season.

Even Levy wouldn't pull the trigger before seasons end. Would he?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Seriously? can't see it happening no matter what the result. I'm not one of the "AVB best thing since sliced bread" brigade but no matter what happens he's here for the season at least. I'd go as far as to say that he'll still be in charge first game next season.

No I don't think he'd pull the trigger either.

Also, I'd leave Dawson out, he's been awful the last couple of games, Kaboul and Vert as centre halves please.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    No I don't think he'd pull the trigger either.

Also, I'd leave Dawson out, he's been awful the last couple of games, Kaboul and Vert as centre halves please.

who's at left full so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

who's at left full so?

Chirches

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

It mightn'd be up to Dan on this one. It was Joe Lewis' personal money that was handed over in the summer by all accounts and the man himself ,having been present at the West Ham game, cannot accept losing 3-0 at home to them after spending 100m.

Sunday we should just tear into everything and play with abandon. We are far too stifled. Cardiff created many chances at home to Utd so there's no reason why we cannot.

I'd honestly play Adebayor up front with Soldado at this stage. Sandro and Dembele in an advanced position have to start also.

• Advertisement

Anything could happen, the west ham loss would have set off the alarm bells then newcastle, compounded by Man city.
    As much as I dislike the fact that football clubs are ran primarily as a business, that is what they are, and this one aint performing as it should.
    There was a lot of investment both financially and in AVB and I would say the board are starting to ask questions.

Avb is a winner as proven, I for one hope he gets the chance to turn it around,but the track record of Daniel Levy suggests that he will pull the trigger before their is a chance of him being the one in the firing line.

who's at left full so?

I'd probably play Naughton, gamble I know, but United don't exactly have right winger who puts the fear of god in to you. I'm far from Naughtons biggest fan, but Jan is too good a centre half to play out of position.

Naughton isn't bad . He can do a job there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I hope so, if we lose this Avb could be gone.[/QUOTE]

I think he'll be given until and including the result of the liverfool game. The next run of games after this match will be the decider. Fulham at home and sunderland away are much more winnable than united at the lane, even with them being out of sorts.

tom1ie wrote: »
    I hope so, if we lose this Avb could be gone

I think he'll be given until and including the result of the liverfool game. The next run of games after this match will be the decider. Fulham at home and sunderland away are much more winnable than united at the lane, even with them being out of sorts.

Fulham is an away game next Wednesday 4th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Up the Spurs, lets get back on track in this one.

The crowd have to bring down the rafters on Sunday and put last week behind us

Having said that , avb also has to step up and change things . Two up top, dembele in centre and I'd say siggy to come back in as he is fairly reliable when needed

No holtby or paulinho please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

United winning 5-0 away to Leverkusen:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Gents, what are my chances of getting a ticket to the game on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

tom1ie wrote: »

I think he'll be given until and including the result of the liverfool game. The next run of games after this match will be the decider. Fulham at home and sunderland away are much more winnable than united at the lane, even with them being out of sorts.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, can't see him being sacked on th eresult, important to putina big performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I can't see anything other than a Utd win. We played a more or less full squad (or at least they all travelled) at the arctic circle last night, have lost all of our previous matches in similar circumstances and are playing a team that scored 5 unanswered goals away to a very strong German team. Good luck!!

I see Utd getting 2 - 3 goals and us maybe getting 1 but ultimately losing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Not expecting much this weekend. I think we will play well for 20 min, we look like the Spurs of last season but then concede around the half hour mark and revert to the drivel we have been playing this season.

United will then knock a 2nd one in with 10mins to go or like last season we'll steal a goal in injury time, finishing the game at 1-1 and all the while glossing over another ****e performance, but have no fear because we'll still be "5 or 6 points from second place" :rolleyes:

As usual , the weekend blinkers are on and Yeah I'm being naive but I am looking forward to this game, united at home is a game that has thrown up some great games over the years , there is nothing to fear about this united team we can beat them.

cant see anythin except a united win or a 0-0 draw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I'll be on the golf course with the phone switched off

Not gonna let them ruin my day

I'll be on the golf course with the phone switched off

Not gonna let them ruin my day

fcuk off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Last year when we finally beat them, that was a major highlight for me. I had the shakes bad after the game, thought the ref was never gonna blow. Good auld Dempsey, I see even he's struggling in the MLS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    fcuk off :D

haha, hope I miss a cracker and will stuff them, but you just know it won't happen.

I just can't get excited about this Spurs team, I want to, but I can't, they bore me to tears.

Sticking to the golf course :)

haha, hope I miss a cracker and will stuff them, but you just know it won't happen.

I just can't get excited about this Spurs team, I want to, but I can't, they bore me to tears.

each to their own ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I know exactly what your saying. If I was watching any other team play like us at the moment it would put me into a fcukn coma, if I was stupid enough to watch. As I am a Spurs fan I will be watching and I am hoping we play like we did against Chelsea in first half or even Newcastle and get the win.

2-1. Spurs are gona feckin explode into action one of these days and maybe that'l be tomorrow and we stuff them 5-1. Who knows, stranger things have happened.

Please don't knock this thread cos I gotta believe. I can't take it. It'l drive me to drink. Although I always drink watchn Spurs, helps the nerves.

Advertisement