Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tales of Zestiria

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Something to look forward to in 2017? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

We still haven't gotten Xillia 2 yet :)

Looking forward to a PS4 RPG all the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Is Xillia any good?

The only Tales game I've played is Tales of Symphonia on the GameCube and I thought it was alright, but nothing special really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

danthefan wrote: »
    Is Xillia any good?

The only Tales game I've played is Tales of Symphonia on the GameCube and I thought it was alright, but nothing special really.

I really enjoyed it, it is a bit of a slow burner to begin with, but without spoiling anything it really picks up at a certain point and you will be hooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

danthefan wrote: »
    Is Xillia any good?

I've only played Vesperia, Graces F and Xillia. I don't know if it is on account of it being the first I played, but Vesperia is still my fave. I prefer Xillia to Graces F though. Xillia is a good game, worth playing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Xenji wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it, it is a bit of a slow burner to begin with, but without spoiling anything it really picks up at a certain point and you will be hooked.
    Pushtrak wrote: »
    I've only played Vesperia, Graces F and Xillia. I don't know if it is on account of it being the first I played, but Vesperia is still my fave. I prefer Xillia to Graces F though. Xillia is a good game, worth playing.

Thanks, might have a look. Only $39.99 on the US PSN store.

The new Tales of game to be announced December 12, Namco confirms, it will be announced during a NicoNico livestream in Japan, Namco have also trademarked the names Tales of Asteria and Tales of Kanade.

Tales of Zestiria was officially announced today.
    Zestiria refers to "Zest", meaning passion or zeal;
    - Game has character designs from Inomata, Fujishima, Okumura, and Iwamoto;
    - Seems to be more "open-world" and to have "bigger fields";
    - Takes place on the continent of Greenwood;
    - War between the Highland Kingdom and the Lawrence Empire;
    - Baba says that they built the new LMBS based on surveys asking what system fans enjoyed the most;
    - The story will revolve around the subject of “dragons,” which is also the reason why it’s shown in the logo of the new title. According to Baba, dragons symbolize fantasy, which is something they’d like to focus on for the upcoming title;
    - UFOTABLE confirmed;
    - Hikaru Kondo, producer of Japanese animation studio Ufotable, who worked on the Tales of Symphonia OVAs, will also be involved in the development of Tales of Zestiria;

Main characters named Slay (CV: Ryohei Kimura) and Alicia/Alisha (CV: Ai Kayano). Slay was designed by Fujishima, and Alicia/Alisha by Okumura.

443496.jpg

LQ trailer

First gameplay trailer

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Xenji wrote: »
    Slay was designed by Fujishima, and Alicia/Alisha by Okumura.

Im sure creating those run of the mill jRPG characters was a grueling process :p
    "yes I know to put spikes in the hair but how many?"

I loved tales of symphonia and phantasia. havent played a good jrpg in years, hopefully this comes sooner rather than later

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looking good, god only know when we'll get it here lol

Tales of Zestiria producer Hideo Baba has shared first details of the RPG’s protagonist, and dropped some interesting hitns about its story and battle system.
    In a Famitsu interview translated by Siliconera, Baba confirmed Tales of Zestiria will use an “evolved” form of the current “linear-motion” battle system, and focus on swords and magic. That said, the producer also said it will feature a “big surprise”

Story-wise, dragons are going to be an important element. Baba didn’t say what role the beasts will play, but did hint that Zestiria’s treatment may differ from traditional depictions, where dragons are arbitrarily good or evil, or act as symbols.

Protagonist Alicia was revealed in more detail. As the most junior member of the royal succession, she’s last in line for the throne and not a very important royal. She chose the profession of knight, a life she enjoys, and would put herself in danger to help others, especially in defence of her nation. She’s more serious than cheerful fellow star Slay, and is travelling with him for her own reasons.

Advertisement