Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House for sale in Ongar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

It's a pity that wasn't bought to become the Community centre so that it could have become the focal point if Ongar. Kind of like a town hall. The current community facility in Scoil Colm is great but this building would have been an even better anchor for the suburb and given life to the main street.

I can't see any private party buying this as a commercial venture. If a pub can't succeed in the small unit (Kellys), a super pub will not open in this building.

Who's going tobuy a pyrite infested building?? I wonder how many more properties in Ongar also have pyrite issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

You beat me to it. Some enterprising soul must see the potential in a bargain like that!

We could turn it into a Boards D15 commune, with a boardroom for moaning, pardon me - discussion, and 5-a-side every night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

On that subject, would you reckon this has pyrite? if not, it is in a prime location.

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=740364&ea=1&fr=default

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

On that subject, would you reckon this has pyrite? if not, it is in a prime location.

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=740364&ea=1&fr=default

Are they missing a zero in the price???

ongarboy wrote: »

Nope - you need to drive up to see where it is and the condition of the inside. it's completely like a fish out of water, but worth a punt if you had cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

What about a guesthouse? There are none really in the immediate area, must be some demand for it from people visiting the 33,000 souls living around?

A 24/7 presence in a guesthouse would be good passive security and a good focal point for the village out of hours, you could have a bar and dining room for all comers

Larbre34 wrote: »
    What about a guesthouse? There are none really in the immediate area, must be some demand for it from people visiting the 33,000 souls living around?

A 24/7 presence in a guesthouse would be good passive security and a good focal point for the village out of hours, you could have a bar and dining room for all comers

I agree 100%

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

ongarboy wrote: »

Doesn't look finished to me. May need quite a bit of more work which is why it's got the low reserve.

Doesn't look finished to me. May need quite a bit of more work which is why it's got the low reserve.

It's completely bare inside and needs 200k of cash to fix the pyrite issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

And can only be used for community purposes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

Is there really a demand for a guesthouse? I live in Ongar, and with all respect, it's not a very touristy place. If you're visiting a local, wouldn't you just stay with them?

Best use is probably a creche/community centre given the huge number of schools in walking distance, or some kind of carvery-style pub like the Paddocks or the Carpenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Well, I heard that there was somebody interested in it, and that's why it has finally been put on the market.... Wetherspoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Arciphel wrote: »
    Well, I heard that there was somebody interested in it, and that's why it has finally been put on the market.... Wetherspoons.

Its may not be coinsodisence

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It's completely bare inside and needs 200k of cash to fix the pyrite issues.

That wasn't the same link, as the one in the OP they were asking about. It was the house down the far side of Carpenterstown.

Advertisement