Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with heating/prepay power

Options
  • 27-11-2013 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

The last number of months I have been living in an apt that has storage heating and Prepay Power. What I'd like to know is what settings should I have the DeviReg in the fusebox set to; -4, -2, 0, +2, +4? I have figured out the storage heaters settings re the input/output and I think they are coming on charge about 5.00am-ish. Does this seem right?

Also, initially I had been getting by on €20 per week on the prepay power but now it's up €30 and that only lasted me 5 days this week!!:eek: The only thing I can put this down to is the storage heaters and it's a big jump as far as I'm concerned.

Has anybody any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Cycling Dumbasses

The weather is getting colder so to maintain indoor temperature will use more energy thus increase in costs, 30 euro a week is not expensive in my opinion, if your apt is good and warm i would not be too hard on the costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

you turn the night control up/down to adjust heat...it takes a night for changes to take effect

the devireg charges the heaters at the end of the off -peak period...thats possibly why they came on at 5am if you had the night control (a) turned down

or else the timing is wrong as the off-peak period starts around midnight

you leave the day control (b) at 0

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ms.RBrite

Thanks for the replies.

Cycling Dumbasses: The apt is not the best heat-wise but luckily the sitting room and bedrooms are relatively ok but the hallway and bathroom can be quite cold now.

tomdempsey200: Thanks, I will try adjusting them. I had them set to +2 or +4 but then switched them to -2/-4 as I wasn't sure what the correct settings were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

that might explain why it came on later ...if the dial is turned right down

assuming the timing is ok

Advertisement